• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
A-Trak interview on 2015 Music
- Metro Boomin is producer of the year
- Drake IYRTITL sounds like Mobb Deep "Hell on Earth" sonically.
- stan culture worries him. especially the Ye mimicking hypebeasts. add your own twist to whatever swag you cop.
- Danny Brown is going to crush everyone in hip hop and send them back to the drawing board (LMFAO)
- Travis Scott is a DJ and not a rapper and writers who criticize him are missing the point

will watch this to get the reference. It must be something else because Hell On Earth has some of the worst producing in terms of the drum sequencing and shit. Seriously
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1dlobsY7tI

the drums and the 808s are off lol, to the point you couldn't even say it's intentional/dope (like say, Dilla).

I really like Hell On Earth obviously but Havoc was smoking dust or something.

DominoKid

no video, just text

Heres the full quote
"but let’s not forget that If You’re Reading This sounded like nothing else. Drake and his team created a sound with that album. It reminded me of Mobb Deep’s Hell on Earth—banging drums, thin, spooky samples and gritty raps. A lot of songs with no real clear hooks. That’s not where the climate was at the moment, so he had a pivot with that."

9v4zte8lg953pcd8rf77t54vm.300x225x25.gif

I never stopped believing in Danny. Old had plenty of dope tracks and I feel some type of way over people acting like it was trash. Hopefully Danny's flirtation with edm is over. I could see him wanting to find a somewhat fresh take on trap.

Cheddahz

Banned
Maybe he meant that Danny Brown should maybe change the game that he is playing and play something that could actually motivate him to record music?

Old is like gaf-hop's out of wedlock child. You guys have so much hate in your heart and can't love it like your own children. Yea your partner cheated on you but you can't blame Old for that. Old got some problems like many fatherless children but you have to look at the bright side (A).

Alright and King Kunta?

Bad Pitchfork. Bad.
Both are dope but I can't cosign Alright as a top 3 track of 2015. Obviously the record has had a major impact this year but I can think of many songs, including from TPAB, that are better.

Never gonna forget the time I played King Kunta in the whip with my lady friend and she gave me a look of disgust. Switched back to Future with the quickness. smh

Crud

Banned
Both are dope but I can't cosign Alright as a top 3 track of 2015. Obviously the record has had a major impact this year but I can think of many songs, including from TPAB, that are better.

Never gonna forget the time I played King Kunta in the whip with my lady friend and she gave me a look of disgust. Switched back to Future with the quickness. smh

It must suck to be that insecure. Wow.

Good luck with your lady friend.

DominoKid

I wish when sites did top 50 songs they picked 50 different artists just to throw a lil more variety in there. They can throw honorable mentions to the duplicates or something.

FZZ

Banned
How Much A Dollar Cost is the best TPAB track with Hood Politics second.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This shit right here. Best back to back combo, it's a fucking great song and then follows up with the song of the year.

Hood Politics > *

Old is like gaf-hop's out of wedlock child. You guys have so much hate in your heart and can't love it like your own children. Yea your partner cheated on you but you can't blame Old for that. Old got some problems like many fatherless children but you have to look at the bright side (A).

:dahell: who hates on Old? I just thought the general sentiment was that it's a good record with Side B worse, which drags it below XXX.

CoolOff

Since Old was my first Danny-project, Side A was actually > XXX in my mind for a long, long time. Didn't fully appreciate the latter until maybe a year ago.

Just Blaze is one of the goats

shame no one wants his beats these days :(

Crazy, isn't it. Sort of reminds me of how Premo barely worked with Nas or Jay in the mid/late 1990s outside of one track here or there. In terms of the biggest rappers today, both Drake and Kendrick have done one track with him. Cole hasn't done anything with him, trap rappers don't work with him, Ross only did that super disappointing Love My Bitches track or whatever it's called, etc.

Esch

Banned
Big names still buy Just Blaze beats, but what reason does he have to shop them around? He made his money, he made his career, he got a nice laptop to watch fighting game tournaments on, he has all he needs.

Gotta side with mooose here unfortunately. Nobody mentions A-Track as some amazing hip hop producer. He's a really good DJ, runs a successful indie label, seems well liked within the music industry etc but it's not like anyone names him when discussing the best producers in rap....

no video, just text

Heres the full quote
"but let’s not forget that If You’re Reading This sounded like nothing else. Drake and his team created a sound with that album. It reminded me of Mobb Deep’s Hell on Earth—banging drums, thin, spooky samples and gritty raps. A lot of songs with no real clear hooks. That’s not where the climate was at the moment, so he had a pivot with that."
Did this really happen? I thought it sounded like a bunch of drake throw aways sprinkled with a great song here or there.

Syntsui

You can't ever get famous, otherwise you are overrated trash. This is so irritating, people love Skrillex and the likes for a reason, if you don't, move on with your life. Some people get so offended that the artists they like are not relevant that they feel they need to depreciate other's status.

You don't get millions of fans and pack every stadium without your own merits. Fuck all the hipsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom