• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbs has way better hooks and flows than Pusha T stop it bruh.

Pusha T's a one note rapper who's only as good as his production. Never adds anything to a track, never blows you away. He coasts along with tired coke raps and bravado, and has only gotten worse since losing the alternate point of view that Malice brought to their music. The best parts of his last album were Kendrick's verse and his Mase impression.
p much

I mean you could level a lot of the same complaints against curren$y but he gets way more love around here

hqdefault.jpg

Actually fuck that, opinions tend to get piggy backed in here and its a matter of who says what first

Not hard to understand the hate Pusha gets here. People have a half unwarranted hard on for Gibbs here and Pusha is the successful outcome from being in that lane. The bitterness is to be expected.

Maybe one decade Gibbs will step his writing and songwriting up and it won't be so bad out here.

Can't even cape for your man's man without trying to drag down better artists.

wattba

Koozek

New Gibbs is flawless
(minus Exdradite)
. Daily rotation, right now. Also GoldLink will definitely make it on my AOTY list #fuckfontano.

Not hard to understand the hate Pusha gets here. People have a half unwarranted hard on for Gibbs here and Pusha is the successful outcome from being in that lane. The bitterness is to be expected.

Maybe one decade Gibbs will step his writing and songwriting up and it won't be so bad out here.

Unwarranted?
Gibbs drops records consistently to critical acclaim and is a way more interesting rapper than Pusha T at the moment. Gibbs is showing constant growth and even more experimentation than the couple of one-offs Pusha has attempted.
Pusha Ts whole appeal, back when the Clipse were still a thing, was Pharrells production being an interesting juxtaposition to the coke raps. Now without that production, it loses all of its luster and becomes mildly generic and probably more in line with what your shitting on Gibbs for. Additionally, Gibbs can carry more songs by himself unlike Pusha T who relies too heavily on guest features, as evident by his tracklists.

Body Bags on this 50 tape whew. Alc blessed him with that beat.
You mean the death of Sean Price blessed him.

FOR SHAME COURAGE

Esch

Banned
Pusha T's a one note rapper who's only as good as his production. Never adds anything to a track, never blows you away. He coasts along with tired coke raps and bravado, and has only gotten worse since losing the alternate point of view that Malice brought to their music. The best parts of his last album were Kendrick's verse and his Mase impression.

What was the moment you realized he was a yechteught adlibbing, silly face making, Kirkland brand version of every great drug rapper to proceed him?

I think it was this, for me?

XBP

Cannot wait for the new Pusha album. Loved MNIMN and so far his new project sounds great. Oh and TIL that gaf in general hates Pusha T.

What was the moment you realized he was a yechteught adlibbing, silly face making, Kirkland brand version of every great drug rapper to proceed him?

I think it was this, for me?

Might've been that, might've been the one freestyle he did where he was feeling himself way too much making all types of Busta Rhymes faces, might've been when he went solo and became completely uninteresting without the more off killer Neptunes production. I don't know, his presence just feels so try hard. Good for a hot track every once in a while, but I can't stomach any more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom