• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Mainstream Likes Thing = I Don't Like
Syntsui LIkes Thing = I Don't Like
Earl Sweatshirt I Don't Like Thing = I Don't Like That Thing

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm not going to say Skrillex is great or whatever (I do like a few of his songs), but it looks like the dude is having fun with his life and enjoying what he does, so just let the dude do what he does

The whole underrated and overrated thing is dumb too, it's just a matter of opinion and it doesn't matter if they're mainstream or not

It's 2015, just shut up and listen to whatever you want to without attacking others

HiResDes

I'm not going to say Skrillex is great or whatever (I do like a few of his songs), but it looks like the dude is having fun with his life and enjoying what he does, so just let the dude do what he does

The whole underrated and overrated thing is dumb too, it's just a matter of opinion and it doesn't matter if they're mainstream or not

It's 2015, just shut up and listen to whatever you want to without attacking others

No.

...Thinking something is overrated is an attack now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ready for 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣, aka the #yearofhate #itsnotgonbealright 😈

Eos

tumblr_n08ot1x6EG1saa4c5o1_400.gif

HiResDes

Of course you have the best intentions when you call something overrated, come the fuck on.

An attack would be like if I said anybody that likes Skrillex is an idiot or something like that...

It used to be that when you'd share an opinion somebody would respond with something enlightening to try and disprove you and a decent discussion might emerge, but not anymore. We're kind of on a music sub-forum.

PBY

Banned
An attack would be like if I said anybody that likes Skrillex is an idiot or something like that...

It used to be that when you'd share an opinion somebody would respond with something enlightening to try and disprove you and a decent discussion might emerge, but not anymore. We're kind of on a music sub-forum.

I love Skrillex and I agree with this. too busy at work to type up why I like him so much.

Courage

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550620

ooocoffee2rpbn.png

kendricklamar4.jpg

Star Wars tie ins can't stop.
It’s funny because I ask other artists about their experience with success. I wanna know what happened to them. Did you feel how I feel? When did everything change for you? When did you start noticing the ways you were acting differently? Or when the people around you changed how they treated you? Or just, how did your world change? For me, the whole complete world changed within six months of good kid, m.A.A.d. city coming out. It wasn’t about the money change, although, that did happen, but it was like I stared seeing who I really was during that first run and learned more on the second. Either you notice who you are who are or what you ain’t pretty fast when you get fame.

The past few years or so has been very politically charged and controversial. From Trayvon Martin, to Eric Garner to Michael Brown and issues of police brutality and racism and for so many other reasons. All of it has really struck a nerve with me because when you experience things like that personally and you know the type of hardships and pain that it brings first-hand, it builds a certain rage in you. It brings back memories of when I’m 16 and the police come kicking the door in. They don’t care that I’m a little boy and they stumped me in my back two times and they dragged me out the house and have us all handcuffed. It brings back those memories. Memories of losing loved ones. It brings back some of the most painful memories and deepest thoughts of real life situations that I didn’t even want to address on good kid. Or wasn’t ready to. Rage is the perfect word for it.

But I think about how I’m two-projects in and you have the world saying I’m the one. And I’m still trying to figure out who I even am. My little sister is 16, my little cousin is 20, my younger brother is 10, they all looking at me like that. When they friends around, they friends can’t walk pass me without asking a million questions about my lyrics. I can’t go to their schools without the same thing. Just having the amount of love and energy that these younger fans bring and how enthused they are from just talking with me about important topics. And I’m sitting there thinking, “These kids are really listening to me.” But why am I the one to get this opportunity? And how do I keep that from going to my head and not have an ego? How do I balance it out?

I know I’m chosen. I know I’m a favorite. I know in my heart there’s a whole other energy and leadership side of me that I have probably run from my whole life. How much power do I want? How much can I handle? That’s the question I keep asking myself. ’Cause when you are a voice for the youth, nothing can stop you. The youth is what changes things. Can I lead that? Should I? I get confused because people are championing me to be that vocal point and it’s a challenge for me to be that because I have some fear of that type of power. This goes back to me being who I naturally am or who think that I am now, that 28-year-old kid that’s kind’ve a recluse. But 28 is old enough for me to figure out who I am and have that power at the same time, that’s the battle and it’s a trip

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2015/12/kendrick-lamar-xxl-magazine-winter-2015-cover/?trackback=tsmclip

Syntsui

Skrillex, like it was mentioned here, is the type of guy that enjoys what he is doing, which is turn up EDM music. It happens that a lot of people like this, people that just want to have some fun and listen to something that makes you wanna dance/jump/scream.

Discussing how good his music is, or how much work he put on that is pointless because he is happy with what he is doing and there is a huge fan base that enjoys that. You can dislike him, but what exaclty is overrated about him? His songs are simple in a certain way, easy to identify as he has his own feel/DNA and that's why he got so much attention in the last few years, even with so many other DJs making good dubstep/trap/EDM in general songs. He got his formula right and is playing it safe.

He is the flavor of the moment and others will replace him as the ''famous EDM guy that everybody loves'' and life will move on. You can say people overrate him as the best of the best, but that's on them and it comes down to taste. Also, every single artist have that kind of fans.

All things considered, you don't see him claiming to be something he isn't and he just does his thing. You can like him, you can dislike him, but I don't see what is overrated about him. If he was carried by a marketing machine more than because of his music, or was constantly involved in dramas to promote himself I would understand the overrated statement, but I only see people talking about him because they like his music. These are the kind of people that don't even know or care about the name of most of the songs they like, they just want to dance and have fun, they go to the DJ and ask ''Play Skrillex'' '' Play Calvin Harris'' ''Play David Guetta''.

First track on that Juicy J has a sample that reminds me of Bishop Lamont's "Feel on It"
man dude's dropped a lot of music this year

edit: good luck today Des
and don't bother with the OT man people are brutal there no surprise every facet of your posts were getting misconstrued

I'd go with How Much A Dollar Cost and These Walls, with Wesley's Theory not far behind. These Walls sounds like a Musiq Soulchild track to me, production/tone wise.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I like the new Curren$y, at first glance it isn't as good as PT3, but it still has some catchy songs.

Not sure if I like the new Gibbs yet or not. Only gave it one spin. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I've also been listening to the Joey Bada$$ album that came out earlier this year. I don't think I gave it proper attention earlier, but I'm find it to be very good. I don't remember this getting a lot of attention when it came out, was it pretty well received?

"I just fucked your bitch in some gucci flip flops" is the best intro of the year. lift me up as the runner up.

how much a dollar cost is the best song off kendrick's album, with mortal man and blacker the berry behind it.

PBY

Banned
"I just fucked your bitch in some gucci flip flops" is the best intro of the year. lift me up as the runner up.

how much a dollar cost is the best song off kendrick's album, with mortal man and blacker the berry behind it.

These + Digital Dash are my top 3.

Syntsui

The production and the "Metro Boomin Want Some More" on Digital Dash gave legit chills. Definitely the runner up for best intro.

Cheddahz

Banned

Kodak Black - Skrt / Boston Bun Time Bomb (Sport Teen Pregnancy Edit)
Zomby - Acid / HudMo - Forever 1 (Cashmere Cat Edit)
Sporting Life - Sports Nation
Sporting Life - Steep Tech (Let Me Know Edit)
Sophie - Lemonade / Dark0 - Sweet Boy Tears
Future - Thought It Was A Drought (Sporting Life Art Basel Edit)
Sporting Life - Pre-Order The Dope
Young Thug - Got Me A Check (Nice And Slow Edit)
Kelela - Rewind (Sporting Life Remix)
Post Malone - White Iverson (Sport My More Rounds Edit)
DJ Sliink - Coco Remix / Arca - Now You Know
Yung Simmie - When I'm Bored (Sport Badd Edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom