• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Y'all don't even remember Troy Ave. The guy was getting planted hard, prompting everybody to go "who the fuck is this guy in the cipher acting like he's a star." Then he got on various NYC DJs nuts for not spinning his shit, talking about how big he was in them streets. Then it came out his record was going to be called "Major Without a Deal." Then it dropped. It literally sold less than 500 copies, leading to Mr. Ave going on the defensive talking about how spins on blah blah blah.

Meek made himself irrelevant, but he at least had some highs during the year. It was all downhill for Troy and the dude wasn't even on a hill to begin with. Dude had to buy a surplus shovel and dig himself into obscurity.

Then again, Tyga got dumped by jailbait and basically got shat on by everybody and everything.

Syntsui

Hard to decide on Tyga or Meek. Tyga's been irrelevant for years, so no matter what shit he's been to, it won't have weight and nobody will care. Meek actually ruined all his momentum and became a joke on his own city, had a diss towards him nominated for the Grammy, is probably going to jail again, had his favorite artist do an album with his nemesis. He sure put work on this and he may deserve the L of the Year.

Y'all don't even remember Troy Ave. The guy was getting planted hard, prompting everybody to go "who the fuck is this guy in the cipher acting like he's a star." Then he got on various NYC DJs nuts for not spinning his shit, talking about how big he was in them streets. Then it came out his record was going to be called "Major Without a Deal." Then it dropped. It literally sold less than 500 copies, leading to Mr. Ave going on the defensive talking about how spins on blah blah blah.

Meek made himself irrelevant, but he at least had some highs during the year. It was all downhill for Troy and the dude wasn't even on a hill to begin with. Dude had to buy a surplus shovel and dig himself into obscurity.

Then again, Tyga got dumped by jailbait and basically got shat on by everybody and everything.

Yeah but who cares for Troy fucking Ave? He's never been important, he could say whatever he wanted and nobody should ever care. Also, his album going aluminum first week is kind of irrelevant because who in his right mind would even imagine him doing good numbers?

HiResDes

white-christmas-3.png

studyguy

Tyga has basically become that dude who is in on his own joke tho...

That dude was forged in his losses over the years, cultivated a career out of taking L's on the regular. That dude doesn't loose sleep over that shit anymore prob. Meek through this whole year was looking shook af

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah but who cares for Troy fucking Ave? He's never been important, he could say whatever he wanted and nobody should ever care. Also, his album going aluminum first week is kind of irrelevant because who in his right mind would even imagine him doing good numbers?

Exactly. Troy Ave was definitely being positioned as the "next big NY" rapper. Like, planted with the fury of a thousand Trinidad James'. He showed up in a BET cipher and nobody knew who the fuck he was. He just sort of appeared and was getting "hyped." Then he sold less than 500 copies of a record. In NYC. His entire schtick was "NYC." He couldn't even move Alamogordo, New Mexico numbers. Lady Liberty pulled down her red-white-and-blue panties and shat all over Troy Ave. It was fucking hilarious. We haven't seen anything quite like that since...Canibus? Except 'bus had street cred and still moved some amount of numbers.

Staples has really improved live. About 2 years ago he was pretty bad and would bitch about fans not feeling him. He's a lot better now, and his comfortable sharing his joking/twitter persona.

No I.D. deserves a lot of credit for helping develop Vince. A&R is a dead art with labels these days, and lord knows Def Jam is trash overall, but No I.D. is doing a great job.

PBY

Banned
Staples has really improved live. About 2 years ago he was pretty bad and would bitch about fans not feeling him. He's a lot better now, and his comfortable sharing his joking/twitter persona.

No I.D. deserves a lot of credit for helping develop Vince. A&R is a dead art with labels these days, and lord knows Def Jam is trash overall, but No I.D. is doing a great job.

Saw him at the MOMA this summer. He was kind of overwhelmed by his beats, but it was the outdoor space. I dunno, was maybe not the venue for him.

T Dollarz

Bought my ticket, pumped for tonight now. I'll let y'all know what I think. Summertime '06 is in my top five this year, there was a good two or three month period this summer that I just couldn't stop playing it. Figure might as well go pay my respects to the homie.

PBY

Banned
Bought my ticket, pumped for tonight now. I'll let y'all know what I think. Summertime '06 is in my top five this year, there was a good two or three month period this summer that I just couldn't stop playing it. Figure might as well go pay my respects to the homie.

It'll be a good time. I still think he was overwhelmed by his beats when I saw him, but his live set up fucking knocks.

At least Meek had a decent album this year that sold well, and more importantly he's fucking Nicki Minaj. Whereas Tyga took multiple Ls without any balancing Ws, unless of course you count fucking a teen as a W.
s6s78Ke.png

Matter fact, don't answer that question Euro GAF-Hoppers.

Syntsui

This website has been blocked by the Firm’s security system. Pursuant to Firm policy, access to personal email, instant messaging or social media websites is prohibited. As a result, access to the following website has been blocked:

Reason:
This Websense category is filtered: Sex.

What the hell is behind this link?
Fuckery. The filter is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom