• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

n3OTycn.jpg

Buddens is 100% right. Everything Drake has done has been planned and well executed. Meek has acted like he's out of his element, like a shark on top of a mountain. I see someone who doesn't know what to do, how to act, when to respond, etc. Mix in a crew of young dudes gassing him up and you get this. That diss sounds rushed as fuck. I can barely comprehend what he's saying on the record - and if I'm struggling, lord knows the white people who are just tuning in are struggling even more. The record doesn't even sound finished. Nor was a HQ version posted. He let Flex throw out a poor quality rip. Why?

I'm going to guess Meek didn't consult with Ross or anyone with a lick of sense. No way Ross would tell him to jump out the window with that shit. Why not call up Puffy, who has a reason to participate. Puffy would have been the perfect person to take that track and turn it into something decent.

Meek looks like a street flunkie who doesn't know how to play the game. Period.

DominoKid

Busta on twitter cosigning Miss Info saying its a scary day when reference tracks get leaked 👀

The rabbit hole goes so deep.

Crud

Banned
The Drake fans in denial ridin hard, making memes on the fly. I see the hurt out there, I see the pain. The boy ain't the boy.

Tokubetsu

Buddens is 100% right. Everything Drake has done has been planned and well executed. Meek has acted like he's out of his element, like a shark on top of a mountain. I see someone who doesn't know what to do, how to act, when to respond, etc. Mix in a crew of young dudes gassing him up and you get this. That diss sounds rushed as fuck. I can barely comprehend what he's saying on the record - and if I'm struggling, lord knows the white people who are just tuning in are struggling even more. The record doesn't even sound finished. Nor was a HQ version posted. He let Flex throw out a poor quality rip. Why?

I'm going to guess Meek didn't consult with Ross or anyone with a lick of sense. No way Ross would tell him to jump out the window with that shit. Why not call up Puffy, who has a reason to participate. Puffy would have been the perfect person to take that track and turn it into something decent.

Meek looks like a street flunkie who doesn't know how to play the game. Period.

Thing is, I know ppl are clowning but Nicki is there. Her team is there. You on tour with her. Hell like you said Puffy is there. Use the tools around you. There at least a handful of ppl involved with this track that coulda steered the ship better.

/itsallagametoboostboththeircareers

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Busta on twitter cosigning Miss Info saying its a scary day when reference tracks get leaked ��

The rabbit hole goes so deep.
I want to know where this leads, or what else gets exposed. Is Kendrick checking his masters in person right now? Is Cole prepping a just-in-case response?

Gonna be real fun to watch.

Thing is, I know ppl are clowning but Nicki is there. Her team is there. You on tour with her. Hell like you said Puffy is there. Use the tools around you. There at least a handful of ppl involved with this track that coulda steered the ship better.

/itsallagametoboostboththeircareers
Nicki is definitely looking suspect in all of this.

Oh also lets not forget she announced that she's engaged the other day and that news got nowhere amidst this fuckery. That's big considering Nicki's stature.

DominoKid

I want to know where this leads, or what else gets exposed. Is Kendrick checking his masters in person right now? Is Cole prepping a just-in-case response?

Gonna be real fun to watch.

Nicki is definitely looking suspect in all of this.

Oh also lets not forget she announced that she's engaged the other day and that news got nowhere amidst this fuckery. That's big considering Nicki's stature.

If Cole is getting writtens then he needs to ask his writer for his money back cause them shits are trash.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If Cole is getting writtens then he needs to ask his writer for his money back cause them shits are trash.
Maybe not full verses, but I can see dude getting hooks and parts of verses for Power Trip, Work Out, etc. Work Out was a label thing too, no?

I mostly think Cole is self made tho, dude is a producer too.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Maybe not full verses, but I can see dude getting hooks and parts of verses for Power Trip, Work Out, etc. Work Out was a label thing too, no?

I mostly think Cole is self made tho, dude is a producer too.

I mean I've seen a couple of documentaries where producers would go to an artist with a beat and a hook. idk if getting hooks for a beat counts as Ghost writing

Cole is good on that front, he's been melodic his entire career. Dude was writing songs for TLC, he knows what he's doing.

Most rappers don't handle all their hooks, obviously. If you have some r&b chick on the hook of course you didn't write it. And we know people buy tracks that come with hooks. That's why Skylar Grey was a thing. The Dream does that (he wrote the melody for Holy Grail), same with Neo. But there are also rappers on development deals who write hooks for rappers to recite. I don't think most rappers use that shit tho.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I mean I've seen a couple of documentaries where producers would go to an artist with a beat and a hook. idk if getting hooks for a beat counts as Ghost writing
I don't think getting a hook/melody is controversial, that's just "normal" collaboration between a beat maker and an artist. But then that turns into getting bridges, or ways to start verses, etc. and you slowly move through the Drake stuff.

Oh, and while we're talking about this, let's not forget that Yung Berg is out there making millions a year writing for dudes under a new name. These artists we think go away don't really go away.

i've missed a lot..

son really got peed on tho?

Getting pissed on ain't even that bad. Who cares.

and we just gonna let this fly

Meek lost with this one though. The whole 2nd part was trash. And like others, I'm surprised Swizz would put his name with the producers.. gotta stay neutral with these things.

Ovofest coming up on Monday.. wonder if Drake is gonna push the button.

injurai

Banned
Social media is public opinion. What do you want judges?

Is it though. I saw public opinion swing from charged up is fire, to it being a warning shot, to it being drake standing his ground, to it being a snooze fest and meek is only losing because of what he is doing to himself.

Social media is schizo is what it is.

Is it though. I saw public opinion swing from charged up is fire, to it being a warning shot, to it being drake standing his ground, to it being a snooze fest and meek is only losing because of what he is doing to himself.

Social media is schizo is what it is.

charged up was weak though
back to back on the other hand....

ARK322

Neo Member
Listening to the QM reference tracks, they aren't super thorough. I mean, a lot of the lyrical content is still there, but he's just mumbling it and singing off-key. It's not like those leaked Crooked I and Luda detox references that are fully delivered. Aubrey definitely brought a lot of mic presence to those tracks.

And really, why would anyone expect otherwise? That people are surprised he wouldn't be like K.Dot and spend years making an album and recording demos and shit is absurd. Dude started out as an actor, and he's never stopped being one. He's just going to say what's in the script with more bravado than the guy who wrote it ever could, and then go cash his checks.

overcast

Yeah that's fine Ark, and the music is cool. Still loses a bit on the credibility level. Where there's smoke there's fire. But I suppose it depends how much you really care.

Still think Back to Back is dope. This mainly blew up in Meek's face because social media is an echo chamber and Drake is way more popular. Meek should have known better. Still hilarious.

I enjoy this as somebody who doesn't care about Milly. I haven't even listened to the diss track cause I doubt I'll like it. Drake stans are something else though. Sweet Jesus they are ready to go.

Man, I'm away from the internet for a few hours and everything goes stupid again.

LMAO @ Meek's diss backfiring. Reading this after the fact is amazing. This is one of those times where Twitter/social media is the best thing of our generation rather than the worst. This whole situation is incredibly bizarre, I've never seen a "beef" quite like it.

And LMAOOOOOO @ them hyping that up to be an Ether level diss btw. Maybe in the sense that it'll be unlistenable in a few years while Drake will still be performing Back To Back cause he (or someone) actually made a solid track with a great beat. Meek's rushed, slurred delivery is so poor, and none of the lines hit because of it. Back To Back wasn't an all time great diss track or anything, but man at least Drake sounded like he was dunking a few of those in. And PD is SPOT ON calling this a mid 00s mixtape diss track. It's so messy and low quality.

Honestly the most interesting thing to come out of this is the whole game walking on eggshells concerning reference tracks and ghostwriters. How deep does this go? Is the entire kingdom built on the backs of frauds? Is there nobody left we can trust? Does anyone actually write, or is everyone's success due to the work of people in the shadows? Find out next time on The Rise and Fall of Hip-Hop.

The woes line being ghostwritten has the rap nerd side of me feeling some kind of way too. A little disappointing.

(still convinced this Ka "spoken word with Manchurian Candidate clips" shit is some GAF Hop joke I'm not privy to)

My dude
My guy

You might have to sit in the corner for a little while after this one

B2B is way better than that garbage Wanna Know put out but let's not act as if twitter didn't have Drake's back from the moment Meek's tweets hit the net, even after the 10 Bands reference track dropped.

edit: also, how are people reacting to Miller not being credited on Know Yourself?

edit2: or RICO, which basically sparked this feud.

overcast

-TPAB
-Summertime '06
-Ghetto Beach Boyz
-DS2
-The Good Fight
-PT3
-Today, I Wrote Nothing
-Mr Wonderful
-Barter 6
-I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside
Low key I fuck with your list JC. Just keep it low key.
edit: also, how are people reacting to Miller not being credited on Know Yourself?
Yeah that's not a good look. Not to mention he isn't just singing the chorus there, he's singing the start of the verse.

Boy what a mediocre track by Meek.

Fjordson

Budden really nailed it when he said Meek walked into a trap wearing a blindfold.

Weirdest thing about it may be that Swizz Beats produced it. Or half of it whatever. So random.

Edit: not to "stan" or "cape" but Q. Miller is credited on Know Yourself

mjontrix

New IIT, but I'm certain that there's a second half to that diss track by Meek Mill - it cuts off too strangely and I doubt Beats would end a track so sloppy.

The actual track is so-so - the beat's hot but the lyrics are poorish. The info though... damn if Drake really got peed on (and it sounds like it's true) then it's over for him as a rapper.

IrishNinja

...shit, i might've slept. good looks

remember the Ghost/Bronson beef

that was a fun 18 hours

as a fan of both that was really awkward actually

Listen to Joe Budden regarding anything brehs

seriously
he can be a bit insightful on game shit though, it's just...you know, coming from a shit person

Why not call up Puffy, who has a reason to participate.

wait, why exactly again?

agreed but let's not act like he doesn't bank off them all the same

The only thing making this beef fun.

+1

...Ether level diss btw. Maybe in the sense that it'll be unlistenable in a few years

please continue

New IIT, but I'm certain that there's a second half to that diss track by Meek Mill - it cuts off too strangely and I doubt Beats would end a track so sloppy.

The actual track is so-so - the beat's hot but the lyrics are poorish. The info though... damn if Drake really got peed on (and it sounds like it's true) then it's over for him as a rapper.
Drake could literally get shit on and the people will still come. He's a force of nature, Godzilla tier for this rap shit.

IrishNinja

If you really think this I feel sorry for you

i don't know how much you know nibels (i'm an expert etc etc)

game is all about authenticity & realness, you can't just be a CO and make coke raps

drake better cop to being on that golden shower life or he can kiss his career goodbye

Drake could literally get shit on and the people will still come. He's a force of nature, Godzilla tier for this rap shit.

yup
until he falls off & they don't anymore and people joke about him when he's in jail or rehab 5 years later

cause that happens too

Why was that Meek track such a confusing mix of shit? At least open with the reference track instead of killing the song by randomly playing it halfway. Shoulda known not to expect more from this simpleton.

Budden really nailed it when he said Meek walked into a trap wearing a blindfold.

Weirdest thing about it may be that Swizz Beats produced it. Or half of it whatever. So random.

Edit: not to "stan" or "cape" but Q. Miller is credited on Know Yourself

Is he tho? I'm going off the wiki tracklist.

please continue

Ether is a bad song, let's be real. Takeover is the most musically pleasing thing to come out of that beef, and has stood the test of time. I'm not denying the impact Ether had in the moment, but we're grown now. Let's admit it's a bad song with some cringey lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom