• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
side b was alright for drinking and parties and stuff, but it aged pretty bad. like that shit aged a few days later.

side a is all so good though. interested in what he's got for us this year.

also new kanye, drake, young thug, future, freaking covert coup 2: return of the king etc.

Bacon

What half of XXX do you guys like better? I prefer the second half after adderall admiral although it's obviously all really good.

Eos

Definitely the second half of XXX
DNA, Fields, Scrap or Die, 30, Witit, Shouldn't Of
lawd.png

PBY

Banned
Kanyewest- I have no interest in working with anyone who is too important or too good or too traditional to take a call at 3am

Kanye a gawd

PBY

Banned
This zach farlow tape is awesome.

Dude is my ultimate rap guilty pleasure. Tbh he got 3 metro beats, and production from London, Ricky racks, etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What i dig most about real friends is the beat. Has that classic Kanye mix of old with something new.
Yep. All the reports of SWISH being a fusion of old and new makes so much more sense now. Song is far more impressive than No More Parties in LA is looking to be.

Bacon

If anyone else here was able to get in on that $12 RTJ vinyl deal on amazon just a heads up - mine is about to ship so it seems like they got them back in stock.

Hey folks! I've really been gravitating towards Hip Hop and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm open to just about anything, and I want to keep on exploring the genre. I'm here and will check out what is posted, of course. I'm also down for recommendations.....like desperately. So hopefully you won't mind me asking questions and asking for more albums to check out.

Musical Tastes

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan): I don't really have a preference for any specific coast. The South, the Midwest, West Coast....fucking Japan (?) Good rap is good rap, period.
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) -Jesus christ...I don't fucking know. As long as it's not fucking Soulja Boy, I'm good. I have to say, if I had to lean for certain genres, I enjoy Alternative, Hardcore, Abstract, Experimental, Gangster Rap, and Old School/New School.
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five): Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Aesop Rock, A Tribe Called Quest, The Beastie Boys.
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five): Opeth, Death, The B-52's, Edgard Varase, and György Ligeti, for five random artists.
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY?
Last year-Pinata by Freddie Gibbs and Madlib
This year-Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly. And listening to it, it's not just the best rap album of this year, or the decade. It's one of the greatest rap albums of all time, period. Also, Meek Mill's album last year shits all over Drake's last album.
6. What are you listening to right now: UGK's Ridin' Dirty....holy fuck. This is amazing.
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for?: Guilty pleasure? Probably something by pop rappers like MC Hammer and (wait for it) Vanilla Ice. Neither rappers are all that great, though. As for music I haven't listened to yet, hard to say. I haven't listened to much EPMD, does that count?
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
Aesop Rock
Labor Days>None Shall Pass>Skelethon>Bazooka Tooth>Float>Appleseed>Music For Earthworms

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game?
I like the fact that the current state makes me happy that the genre is a breeding ground for great music, especially since I lost interest in mainstream rap around the time where shit like Soulja Boy was clogging up the airwaves. I definitely think that the production variety is absolutely missing from the mainstream genre though, but of course that is the trend and, well, trends dominate any music genre. Alas.
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member: GZA
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco: Nas, 2Pac, and Young Thug.
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating: Nothing in particular right now. I have no idea right now. I'll just wait for Kendrick's new album.
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated: Underrated? The guys from Cyne. DMX is insanely underrated in many circles; his first album is an absolute classic. Souls of Mischief's first album is amazing. T.I. thankfully is getting his due, because anybody who sleeps on Trap Muzik is a fool. Overrated? I fucking hate Kanye West. Great, great producer. Annoying as fuck rapper. Lil' Wayne is shit, too.
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten: Neither.
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither: Avocados, motherfuckers!
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why: Just his first three albums mainly, but all the time, constantly. He's one of the greatest rappers ever, and my favorite rapper of all time.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest: Lady Gaga. As for the finest, Taylor Swift is fucking gorgeous.
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago: Nothing happened this past week, ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom