• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

This community is slowly but surely descending into the depths of nonsensical KTT fuckery. Write a couple of sentences and people acting like it's a damn essay. Every response is a gif or a reference because you don't really have anything unique or interesting to say yourself... It's like you're scared hiding behind memes and regurgitated words, re-vomited over repurposed images. But I just want you all to know that it's okay to express yourself without feeling like you have to feign insincerity or a laissez-faire attitude. It's okay to care about shit. I love music. I love y'all.

Courage

It28kOj.gif

Daria

This community is slowly but surely descending into the depths of nonsensical KTT fuckery. Write a couple of sentences and people acting like it's a damn essay. Every response is a gif or a reference because you don't really have anything unique or interesting to say yourself... It's like your scared hiding behind memes and regurgitated words, re-vomited over repurposed images. But I just want you all to know that it's okay to express yourself without feeling like you have to feign insincerity or a laissez-faire attitude. It's okay to care about shit. I love music. I love y'all.

dr-evil-crying1.gif

Esch

Banned
This community is slowly but surely descending into the depths of nonsensical KTT fuckery. Write a couple of sentences and people acting like it's a damn essay. Every response is a gif or a reference because you don't really have anything unique or interesting to say yourself... It's like you're scared hiding behind memes and regurgitated words, re-vomited over repurposed images. But I just want you all to know that it's okay to express yourself without feeling like you have to feign insincerity or a laissez-faire attitude. It's okay to care about shit. I love music. I love y'all.

It's 2015. This is the era of 140 characters, bad punchlines getting dap because of irony, and head is head. Nobody wants to read things that are too long, no one wants to write them either. No one wants to care too hard about anything, because nothing matters except getting enough paper to not die awfully. There is no pot of gold at the end of life's rainbow for this generation. Not even a fake one. The proliferation of the internet means we can all get our culture 'requirement' with a low level of commitment and involvement. The insincerity is not feigned, it is an acknowledgement of the state of affairs. Even from the old heads. You're going to die anyway, so you might as well listen to Riff Raff.

Hip hop and counterculture is dead, sit back and enjoy its gruesome, ugly postmortem spasms
TxRcqGw.png

Fjordson

You're going to die anyway, so you might as well listen to Riff Raff.
Man this is heavy after a shitty day at work.

Don't know about anyone else, but I could use some more quality in my posts. I've never been great at articulating my feelings about music (and my writing skills have deteriorated a bit after college tbh) so I always fall back on very basic arguments / descriptions. Need to work on that.

It's part of why I like the lengthy reviews other people post in here since I'm not always able to fully communicate my own reactions to albums.

Tokubetsu

It's 2015. This is the era of 140 characters, bad punchlines getting dap because of irony, and head is head. Nobody wants to read things that are too long, no one wants to write them either. No one wants to care too hard about anything, because nothing matters except getting enough paper to not die awfully. There is no pot of gold at the end of life's rainbow for this generation. Not even a fake one. The proliferation of the internet means we can all get our culture 'requirement' with a low level of commitment and involvement. The insincerity is not feigned, it is an acknowledgement of the state of affairs. Even from the old heads. You're going to die anyway, so you might as well listen to Riff Raff.

Hip hop and counterculture is dead, sit back and enjoy its gruesome, ugly postmortem spasms
TxRcqGw.png

EmyP1Gt.png

UrfUF9Z.gif

Secularism confirmed as the midwife to nihilism.

I gotta say it seems like you were fronting whenever you tried to act like you were into multiple facets of hip-hop when you seem to diss everything that could be associated with conscious, boom-bap, or traditionalist rap. I can't remember the last time I saw you stick your neck out for something with a strong message or anything that dared to be militant or pedantic in the slightest. It seems like showing effort or even hinting at sober thoughts is becoming more and more passe, especially when you have dudes out here quoting lines like "I'm a stick a thumb up her butt" as if they're clever, profound, or truly noteworthy. I'm talking Lil B freestyle esque material that's being annointed into the upper echelon of rap quotables and you know I don't even have a big problem with it. But if you're only into shit that you don't have to turn on your brain to listen don't even try act like shit TPAB isn't notable. I can pretty much predict where you're gonna stand on an album without you posting anything anyway...

As much as I'd like to post a "you mad" pic just to fuck with him....this dude aint lying

mooooose

I'm with Des on this thread, it became lame as hell. It's not different any of the other threads, everyone talks about what's hot and gossip but there is very little discussion or analyzing of music done in this thread. I'm not going to act like I ever made meaningful or well articulated contributions to the thread, but I feel like my long winded posts don't even fit into this circle jerk of soundcloud bums and trap rappers.

PhoenixDark is the only dude who puts effort in, and I always look out for his posts. Esch too but he fell off in terms of numbers because he can feel how this thread turned the tide in wackness. And Des. IDK who else to even take seriously in here

Does anyone else think there's very, very little of interest going on in DS2 apart from the production? I find Future barking monotonous repetitive simple stuff kind of intolerable after about 15 minutes.

At least you can tell he doesn't have a ghostwriter

IrishNinja

Meek's diss track should have had a looping hook of Drake singing "pray the real live forever man, pray the fakes get exposed".

yeah...add it to the growing list of missed opportunities there

It's okay to care about shit. I love music. I love y'all.

No one wants to care too hard about anything, because nothing matters except getting enough paper to not die awfully.

The insincerity is not feigned, it is an acknowledgement of the state of affairs. Even from the old heads. You're going to die anyway, so you might as well listen to Riff Raff.

Hip hop and counterculture is dead, sit back and enjoy its gruesome, ugly postmortem spasm

Secularism confirmed as the midwife to nihilism.

from fuckery to #levels real quick
i have to admit ive been guilty of potshots/driveby fuckery for years as well, but then entire pages go by on some shit that doesn't appeal to me sometimes so i don't likely have a great deal to offer - when i do, i know i'm writing/quoting too much and it's gonna get passed anyway

was so sure this'd be Soul Position - Fuckajob somehow

What's your guys favorite track off dirty sprite 2?

the silence in between cuts

Does anyone else think there's very, very little of interest going on in DS2 apart from the production?

this is like asking if people fuck with star wars movies outside of jedi fights man

deli2000

I'm tired of memes as much as the next man. But this growing "Hip Hop is dead because everybody tweets too much" sentiment has about as much substance as those corny facebook videos saying that mobile phones caused the death of modern society.

Tokubetsu

What's your guys favorite track off dirty sprite 2?

Colossal
I'm tired of memes as much as the next man. But this growing "Hip Hop is dead because everybody tweets too much" sentiment has about as much substance as those corny facebook videos saying that mobile phones caused the death of modern society.

Does feel like old man yelling at clouds innit? Like all the things society, language etc has survived how arrogant do you have to be to believe you get to witness the end of it?

2015, posts are posts.

Courage

Considering July was the month with the highest fuckery, I don't think the thread has gone off course too much. Just a couple pages ago we were talking about ghostwriters and Dre, a week ago we were talking about Yeezus and Common's albums, a couple weeks ago we were talking about DS2, etc. Whether or not you wanna solely pay attention to the posts that indicate the opposite, there's still been some healthy discussion going on and will continue to do so with new music and new posters joining.

Nibel

Jesus, lay off the dust people

People still talk about music; it's not our fault the universe decided to give us the biggest fuckery month in like a decade

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I mean, there is only so much you can talk about with records like DS2 clogging up the here and now. What is there to really discuss about that record? I think I'm the last remaining backpacker ITT, so I'd definitely like more thought provoking stuff being posted and talked about. But you know, right now wavy, lyrically sparse shit is the name of the game. Sometimes you get a Summertime 06 out of it. Other times you get a DS2. The first generated some more in-depth discussion out of me, but the later got "I can nod my head to this while cooking burgers."

I dunno. The fuckery levels have reached their pinnacle and I'm definitely OD'd on the whole situation, but you know, when there is music worth devoting whole paragraphs to, it'll happen.

codhand

most pop musical genres have and shelf life of about 20-30 years and are then a shell of their former self.

look at rock, electronic, jazz, reggae etc. it's arrogant to say you were born to witness the end of the world, not rap.

that being said, ds2 is in stores now, so rap has the opportunity to take what Future has blessed them with and rebuild.

Well Dre will give us something to talk about.

Livestream on Apple Music today. We all gonna listen and discuss it together?
It streams at 6pm PT, which is 2am for me but fuck it I'm up for it.

RP912

Banned
Did anybody listen to the new Dipset album? I been meaning to check it out, but afraid it's going to sound like one big throwaway.

Well Dre will give us something to talk about.

Livestream on Apple Music today. We all gonna listen and discuss it together?
It streams at 6pm PT, which is 2am for me but fuck it I'm up for it.

i still can't tell if it is streaming on beats 1 radio or it will be available to stream through the apple music service (which requires an account). they haven't updated the beats 1 schedule to reflect the album being streamed so... i don't know.

i still can't tell if it is streaming on beats 1 radio or it will be available to stream through the apple music service (which requires an account). they haven't updated the beats 1 schedule to reflect the album being streamed so... i don't know.

It would've been logical to put it on beats1 but it is looking like you'll need an account...

Does anyone else think there's very, very little of interest going on in DS2 apart from the production? I find Future barking monotonous repetitive simple stuff kind of intolerable after about 15 minutes.

At least you can tell he doesn't have a ghostwriter
That's the whole appeal of trap music breh.

You don't think these dudes have fans because of their rapping ability...right?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Ya'll still talking about DS2? Damn. You guys must genuinely like it. All this time I thought it was just denial.

I can see the TV spot right now

Critics Agree, Dirty Sprite 2 "says the simplest shit but damn it bangs" - YouTube comment section

GAF-Hop's own WanderingWind writes, "I can nod my head to this while cooking burgers."

and Tokubetsu says Dirty Sprite 2 "is definitely...an album...on iTunes now ninjascroll.gif"

Scarface, Meth, Game, Abel, and Dre drop within this month to put the rap game back in balance and give these lost children a sense of direction.

We need that Nas release date too.

Yes this post sounds dusty as hell reading it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom