• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Their management is shit. Whenever they have some momentum, they almost always end up killing it. How they handled the release of TPAB is a perfect example. Another one would be how they're currently handling jay rocks album.

So basically TDE ran by Tommy Boy?

Money Trees Deuce is dope and Gumbo was cool too. I don't expect a GKMC level album but it will be fine.

I honestly don't blame you for forgetting about Oxymoron.

I loved Oxymoron :(

Their management is shit. Whenever they have some momentum, they almost always end up killing it. How they handled the release of TPAB is a perfect example. Another one would be how they're currently handling jay rocks album.

They had so much buzz in 2013 after GKMC, Control, and the BET Cypher. They all should have rode Kenny's wave but instead squandered it.

It's made worse when Top Dawg says shit like he has 6 projects ready to drop in 2014 and ends up only dropping 4, only one of which was more than mediocre (Cilvia Demo).

Seems like management is a bit of a mess.

And haven't loved anything outside of Cilvia Demo tbh

anything? like not even HnC or GKMC? or section 80?

i understand not liking them now. the whole squad has become kinda underwhelming. terrible release schedules/management.

Cheddahz

Banned
TDE is just wack and it doesn't help that it's leader is just some dude who reads conspiracy theories on Reddit while smoking away the woods of northern California

Fjordson

anything? like not even HnC or GKMC? or section 80?
I like Section.80 and I respect GKMC but I have never been able to get into Kendrick. Both have some truly incredible tracks (like Sing of Me) but a whole album of Kendrick just isn't for me. HnC was solid, but I've never really revisited it.

Cilvia Demo really hit with me for some reason. Aslo like Jay Rock's recent tacks so I think a new album from him would be good.

Unfortunately Kendrick is too passive to lay the law down and take over. Cole runs his shit very well and had a perfect rollout for his album. I'm still stunned at how incompetently TDE handled TPAB. I've said it many times but there's this constant struggle between them wanting him to be a superstar and wanting to remain indie-ish. There's nothing wrong with slow walking info on an album but when it feels like a drought, or when you have no plan whatsoever...that's a problem.

Why wasn't Kendrick doing a mini tour in Cali in preparation for the release, for instance. They did that Adidas live performance thing which was cool I guess. Granted this was not the album you go crazy with marketing wise but still...they needed to do better.

Now they're fucking over Jay Rock, lord knows they'll delay Q into 2016, Ab Soul won't get a release date, etc. At what point do they realize they have one star, one guy who can do well, and the rest are basically just indie artists.

I'll add Control System to that list.

Unfortunately that was the last time the real Ab-Soul was ever recorded before the government snatched his body for him knowing too much and replaced him with a talentless hack

HiResDes

Damn Ye bout to drop a weedplate just like kendrick then.
I gotta say it seems like you were fronting whenever you tried to act like you were into multiple facets of hip-hop when you seem to diss everything that could be associated with conscious, boom-bap, or traditionalist rap. I can't remember the last time I saw you stick your neck out for something with a strong message or anything that dared to be militant or pedantic in the slightest. It seems like showing effort or even hinting at sober thoughts is becoming more and more passe, especially when you have dudes out here quoting lines like "I'm a stick a thumb up her butt" as if they're clever, profound, or truly noteworthy. I'm talking Lil B freestyle esque material that's being annointed into the upper echelon of rap quotables and you know I don't even have a big problem with it. But if you're only into shit that you don't have to turn on your brain to listen don't even try act like shit TPAB isn't notable. I can pretty much predict where you're gonna stand on an album without you posting anything anyway...

Cheddahz

Banned
I gotta say it seems like you were fronting whenever you tried to act like you were into multiple facets of hip-hop when you seem to diss everything that could be associated with conscious, boom-bap, or traditionalist rap. I can't remember the last time I saw you stick your neck out for something with a strong message or anything that dared to be militant or pedantic in the slightest. It seems like showing effort or even hinting at sober thoughts is becoming more and more passe, especially when you have dudes out here quoting lines like "I'm a stick a thumb up her butt" as if there clever, profound, or truly noteworthy. I'm talking Lil B freestyle esque material that's being annointed into the upper echelon of rap quotables and you know I don't even have a big problem with it. But if you're only into shit that you don't have to turn on your brain to listen don't even try act like shit TPAB isn't notable. I can pretty much predict where you're gonna stand on album without you posting anything anyway...

they're*

Esch

Banned
I gotta say it seems like you were fronting whenever you tried to act like you were into multiple facets of hip-hop when you seem to diss everything that could be associated with conscious, boom-bap, or traditionalist rap. I can't remember the last time I saw you stick your neck out for something with a strong message or anything that dared to be militant or pedantic in the slightest. It seems like showing effort or even hinting at sober thoughts is becoming more and more passe, especially when you have dudes out here quoting lines like "I'm a stick a thumb up her butt" as if there clever, profound, or truly noteworthy. I'm talking Lil B freestyle esque material that's being annointed into the upper echelon of rap quotables and you know I don't even have a big problem with it. But if you're only into shit that you don't have to turn on your brain to listen don't even try act like shit TPAB isn't notable. I can pretty much predict where you're gonna stand on album without you posting anything anyway...

vulgar

gsTTAos.gif

Tokubetsu

I gotta say it seems like you were fronting whenever you tried to act like you were into multiple facets of hip-hop when you seem to diss everything that could be associated with conscious, boom-bap, or traditionalist rap. I can't remember the last time I saw you stick your neck out for something with a strong message or anything that dared to be militant or pedantic in the slightest. It seems like showing effort or even hinting at sober thoughts is becoming more and more passe, especially when you have dudes out here quoting lines like "I'm a stick a thumb up her butt" as if they're clever, profound, or truly noteworthy. I'm talking Lil B freestyle esque material that's being annointed into the upper echelon of rap quotables and you know I don't even have a big problem with it. But if you're only into shit that you don't have to turn on your brain to listen don't even try act like shit TPAB isn't notable. I can pretty much predict where you're gonna stand on an album without you posting anything anyway...

Wv1KjeY.gif

damn, not like this des...

Murs & 9th worth getting into? I've only listened to The Final Adventure a bit (I liked that track with Rapsody, she's gud).

Daria

meek has been getting clowned from everywhere lol, i almost feel bad for dude but then i realize he fucked up with having the cards in his hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom