• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the strange turn of events, kanye looks normal. You know you have to dress like elton john and rupaul to make kanye look normal. Dat Shit Cray.

lol true. youre really overdressing/looking like a clown if kanye is standing next to you and looks like a regular person

PBY

Banned
Peterboy, how was the Lil B lecture at NYU?

pretttty amazing. He prepared nothing, so he talked in circles for two hours.

Highlights/announcements:

1- He's really big on being nice/accepting/happy, says before he dies hes gonna create a city where you can only be nice to other people.
2- He stops mid-talk and asks "who the hell built this auditorium"?
3- He says we should treat everyone like golden babies
4- He says he changed the rap world, hes coming into the rock world now- next album gonna be a rock album called California Boy
5- The Pack isn't done

Recon

Banned

1- He's really big on being nice/accepting/happy, says before he dies hes gonna create a city where you can only be nice to other people.
4- He says he changed the rap world, hes coming into the rock world now- next album gonna be a rock album called California Boy
5- The Pack isn't done

I am glad to see he is still trolling the world and himself. He transcended the art of trolling. He doesnt even realize he is the joke, he is the troll. He isnt self aware yet. I have to assume he is a cyborg that malfunctioned, but when he fixes his broken Hard drive...skynet bitches.

Oozer3993

B.o.B, ‘Both of Us’ Feat. Taylor Swift

This song will be fucking huge. I honestly like it too. I just know it will be played so much I will eventually hate it.

52lAc.gif

I fuckin love it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
How the fuck did I miss that Taylor Swift/BoB collab?

BoB is on a one man mission to fight against his own legitimacy. He's got so much fucking potential. Great wordplay, excellent charisma, fucking amazing flow.

But what the fuck. COUNTRY AND RAP DO NOT FUCKING MIX ASK NELLY

Recon

Banned

BoB is on a one man mission to fight against his own legitimacy. He's got so much fucking potential. Great wordplay, excellent charisma, fucking amazing flow.

Nelly proved it can work. I dont know what you are smoking.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2Chainz working out signing to G.O.O.D.

I thought it was pretty clear he worked out his lyrics were nothing special so he played off the charisma to make a pop career out of it. Easiest decision ever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
..I have to assume you listened to about zero BoB outside of Adventures of Bobby Ray.
B.o.B. vs. Bobby Ray had nothing special about it either. Lyrically, he has nothing special about him. He just has talent for making pop songs, which is also evidenced on B.o.B. vs. Bobby Ray. So if you keep doing what your actually good at, you'll be most successful at it. Simple.

I remember Beast Mode came out and people were jizzing everywhere about it and I was like, really? A few good punchlines, the rest of it was just standard affair. It's not bad, but not exceptional either.

Recon

Banned
B.o.B. vs. Bobby Ray had nothing special about it either. Lyrically, he has nothing special about him. He just has talent for making pop songs, which is also evidenced on B.o.B. vs. Bobby Ray. So if you keep doing what your actually good at, you'll be most successful at it. Simple.

I remember Beast Mode came out and people were jizzing everywhere about it and I was like, really? A few good punchlines, the rest of it was just standard affair. It's not bad, but not exceptional either.

Most of his mixtapes have nice lyrics, even his pop songs are not the usual fluff and shallow bars of some other rappers. Dude isnt Nas level, but he is also far above Drake(i like Drake) and Nicki/Wayne/Cudi/Kanye.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Most of his mixtapes have nice lyrics, even his pop songs are not the usual fluff and shallow bars of some other rappers. Dude isnt Nas level, but he is also far above Drake(i like Drake) and Nicki/Wayne/Cudi/Kanye.
Eh, I think Drake is better. He has his share of shallow fluff too, a lot of it, probably the same percentage as Drake. Drake's improved himself in very subtle ways though, but each of them have different flaws I'd say.

I like Drake better stylistically, when he's not being a douche X-artist wannabe.

Recon

Banned
Eh, I think Drake is better. He has his share of shallow fluff too, a lot of it, probably the same percentage as Drake. Drake's improved himself in very subtle ways though, but each of them have different flaws I'd say.

I like Drake better stylistically, when he's not being a douche X-artist wannabe.

I love Take Care, but most of BoB vs Bobby Ray destroys Drake's current output, lyrically. But, I guess it really doesnt matter, since someone like The Illz destroys them both yet gets no love or play from anyone but internet hip hop heads.

DominoKid

BoB might be a better technical rapper (tighter delivery) but the way he goes about his content isn't compelling. I wouldn't even say he's lyrically better either. He doesn't connect w/ the audience in nearly the same way that Drake does. Drake is much smoother with it.

edit: my problem w/ BoB is that his output doesnt match his ability. (same w/ Lupe.)

HiResDes

The Illz needs funding and help mastering his latest album, if you're a fan go to his site and show some support...I'm poor as fuck and I gave him a few dollars.

Recon

Banned
The Illz needs funding and help mastering his latest album, if you're a fan go to his site and show some support...I'm poor as fuck and I gave him a few dollars.

I didnt know that, ill donate some money. :03 From Gold was top 10 material last year. Probably would of been my number one if it was a full length album.

Edit: Why is no one fucking with this guy though? Fuck, bum ass Jay Elec gets a deal for just being homeless.

Recon

Banned
show that there's money to be made from him and he'll get the shine (you think) he deserves.
either that or he's gotta get his hustle up.

anyway, some random camera phone clips from the Based God's lecture @ NYU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UjMoBL2ffM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7STzMK-SLGg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvE8WpAPPRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcgRpvc-ygc

That would make sense if Jay Elec didnt get a deal. Im not talking major deals, I am talking just artists reaching out to him and fucking with him. He is better than 90% of every fucking random ass bullshit being posted in here. Fuck, Im donating $20 tonight.

Edit: I am a dick

Esch

Banned
Edit: I just noticed your little (You think) bullshit. It is quite obvious to EVERYONE in this thread how fucking awful your taste in music is. I respect your right to continue to embarrass yourself, but I cannot help but notice how hood centric, and not even good hood music, your taste lie. Shit, I bet if you were old enough "Laffy Taffy" would of been your inspirational music. Shit it probably is.
Everyone in this thread has suspect taste on a few things here and there. Myself included. I just have long believed you have suspect intelligence. Now, after about 50+ hours of no sleep, peace.

I find this shit funny because you try and dump on dominokid every single time he posts and he legit doesnt give a fuck what you say. You're insulting him when hes essentially never rude to you. How about you chill out and let what people say go instead of jumping at personal shit at the first signal. I know we're a community and we rip on each other, but theres been way too much grabbing at straws trying to gauge a dudes intelligence and penis size and net worth and all sorts of other bullshit based on some internet posts. the thread is supposed to be fun

Macca

I find this shit funny because you try and dump on dominokid every single time he posts and he legit doesnt give a fuck what you say. You're insulting him when hes essentially never rude to you. How about you chill out and let what people say go instead of jumping at personal shit at the first signal. I know we're a community and we rip on each other, but theres been way too much grabbing at straws trying to gauge a dudes intelligence and penis size and net worth and all sorts of other bullshit based on some internet posts. the thread is supposed to be fun
Fuck you man. It is quite obvious to EVERYONE in this thread how fucking awful your taste in music is. I respect your right to continue to embarrass yourself, but I cannot help but notice how hood centric, and not even good hood music, your taste lie. Shit, I bet if you were old enough "Sideline Story" would of been your inspirational music. Shit it probably is.
Everyone in this thread has suspect taste on a few things here and there. Myself not included. I just have long believed you have suspect intelligence. Now, after about 3+ hours of no sleep, peace.

Macca

I'm really excited for 2Chainz on GOOD. Dude has really been putting in work over the last year, and has grown on me a lot.

I need to check his mixtape again. Listened a few times when it dropped and kind of swept it under the rug.

DominoKid

man i've been clowned on another forum by Phonte before on some personal shit cause i said i didnt like one of his albums.
after that i don't really take internet shit personally anymore. i usually just let shit go.
the internet is a playground to me anyway.

I'm really excited for 2Chainz on GOOD. Dude has really been putting in work over the last year, and has grown on me a lot.

I need to check his mixtape again. Listened a few times when it dropped and kind of swept it under the rug.

Tru Realigion was aight.
2 Chainz isnt someone that can carry a whole project but he's good for about 5-6 good songs from a group.
I liked Murder, Riot, Slangin Birds, Letter to the Rap Game and Got One.

kamspy

Obviously The Illz needs to change the name to The kiLLz and completely rebrand himself and start doing ignant music.

It's not about ignant. It's about personality. Tity has more swag when he's asleep than J.Cole does awake and in TV make-up. Tity wearing a Captain's hat, a Pink Gucci hoodie, and MW2 face mask in a faux illuminati video.

DISCLAIMER - I've never even heard Illz, I just assume it's some random back packery (shame on me, I know).

New 2 Chainz semi official tape Chain Gang is real good. Grab that Macca. Codiene Cowboy is also real good shit.

This is like Kickstarter: Hip-Hop Edition. Shame though, cause he shouldn't be in this position. The Illz deserves more recognition.

RJT

This is like Kickstarter: Hip-Hop Edition. Shame though, cause he shouldn't be in this position. The Illz deserves more recognition.

Murs is doing some comic book / concept album thingy in Kickstarter.

This guy should've used kickstarter too. That website is terrible. Never heard him before, but considering the praise he's getting here I'll check it out and donate accordingly.

kamspy

WTF I just checked it out and they're only trying to raise $3Gs? Ok....

Do yall think dude really doesn't have the 3 grand to throw at it? I was expecting a bigger number. Kinda embarrassing.

Jay Sosa

5- The Pack isn't done

hahah gotta love that dude

Listening to BoB vs Bobby Ray for the first time. Mind=blown. BoB was GOOD?!

Dude you're a year and an album late with the BoB hate. This is Krits year to be called out for selling his soul the devil.

Do yall think dude really doesn't have the 3 grand to throw at it? I was expecting a bigger number. Kinda embarrassing.

Yeah that seems pretty ridiculous. I don't wanna sound like a dick but I refuse to believe this guy can't raise 3 gs without internet's help.

Jay Sosa

Maybe he just wants us to help out with ANOTHER 3k
to blow on weed and hookers

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Laffy Taffy was indeed a funny song, but it was one of those "simplistic rap" songs like lean with it rock with it that was fun the first handful of times you hear it and then gets really really fucking annoying after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom