• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubes

Asher Roth's first single from Is this too Orange
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/04/19/asher-roth-party-girl-f-meek-mill/
20120419-ASHERROTH.jpg

Yeahhh I can vibe to this.

i like this. looking forward to his new album, should be good.

OG Kush

Anyone a fan of BJ the ChicagoKid? Been listening to some of his stuff on youtube, pretty dope, wahts his best mixtapes/albums?

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Maybe, I misunderstood the video description but hes dropping 3 albums in one day too?? I dig the song. I recall not liking him much when I heard him awhile back

Nah he isn't. The Indictment and The Verdict have been released already separately. I want more Mob Figaz stuff ideally but Jacka has had quite a few dope songs and his album The Jack Artist is pretty nice as well.

Anyone a fan of BJ the ChicagoKid? Been listening to some of his stuff on youtube, pretty dope, wahts his best mixtapes/albums?

As far as I know, BJ The Chicago Kid has only one project that came out quite recently and it was called Pineapple Now Laters. I can't vouch for the whole project as i've not heard it but I definitely fuck with the two songs he did with Kendrick Lamar on there which I pimped before but don't think anyone took notice. There real pleasant though, incase you ain't heard them...

BJ The Chicago Kid - His Pain

BJ The Chicago Kid - The World Is A Ghetto

Kwixotik

Deniro Farrar said:
Goin on TOUR for the first time with the homies Cities Aviv and Lushlife...everyone who lives in these cities below (more TBA) send me a message so I can hook yall up with some shit, need everyone to come out!
05/10/12 Lexington Cosmic Charlies

I'm really tempted to go to this, but I'm supposed to be going on a trip with my girlfriend two days before that to visit her family in Iowa. Fuuuuck, I need to convince her to postpone it for a couple days lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do you know if there will be a sequel to Covert Coup tomorrow?
no curren$y $ucks

I thought it wasn't dropping on 4/20 or something this year, or remember hearing something about it dropping in May. But I don't pay attention to this stuff, I just feel like I've heard that in passing.

Slizz

no curren$y $ucks

I thought it wasn't dropping on 4/20 or something this year, or remember hearing something about it dropping in May. But I don't pay attention to this stuff, I just feel like I've heard that in passing.

Thanks for the info, I haven't even seen anything regarding a sequel but I remember seeing here that there was going to be one.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just got done watching the Behind the Music feature on Nas. Despite the fact I have all of dude's albums...I never realized almost all of them went platinum.

//B1G

Banned
Yes.

Dat Cyanide Music. Also a big fan of Lysergic Elaphant, because it's like a sequel to Lysergic Fishbowl Head, which is probably my favorite JP track.

I can't pay $2 a track though.

yeah i feel you on that. i've still only bought one album, but that's more than i've done for any other artist since i was like 7, so

and this will probably always be my favorite track from him. i think it was the second song i heard and i was being completely blown away by this guy's presence on the mic coupled with these beats... it was just like fuuuck
http://jacktripper.bandcamp.com/track/the-journey

"hi i'm jak and i study the cannibalistic arts
artistic enough to recreate the body of Christ with animal parts
i'm dark, barbarionoid with shield and spikes
reach inside windpipes just to see what it feels like"

Speaking of Covert Coup, I love this shit
http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/94720/Curren$y-Double%2007_Robbin%20Thompson%20Band-Brite%20Eyes/

I listen to that sample all the damn time

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What are the biggest/best singles so far this year? I never have downloaded singles really but I had an idea to make a playlist of singles, so what we got?

Mercy
Beez in the trap
We in this bitch
Original
She Gettin it
FM$ (new Boyz might have messed the name up)

There hasn't been a lot of stuff yet.. But there has been some pretty solid releases like the stuff I just posted.. You can see the trend of mainstream in those songs..

CRS

Speaking of Covert Coup, I love this shit
http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/94720/Curren$y-Double%2007_Robbin%20Thompson%20Band-Brite%20Eyes/

I listen to that sample all the damn time

Oh my god. That solo. I can't believe it's taken me this long to look into the samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom