• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

i7gSHkWHzwXgA.png

One of the tracks off the Gangrene EP
Walk Hard

Fuck yes. Excited for 4/20.

Good beats with completely meh raps does not accurately describe the Denino tape.

Get fucked.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That la coka nostra single is kind of dull, but I'm looking forward to the album, last one was fantastic.

CRS

Did Mase do anything significant with his career? I feel like all he was was a glorified weed carrier. He's like one step above Fonzworth Bentley.

Never listened to Harlem World though. Is it good enough that it'll change my view of him?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Did Mase do anything significant with his career? I feel like all he was was a glorified weed carrier. He's like one step above Fonzworth Bentley.

Never listened to Harlem World though. Is it good enough that it'll change my view of him?

He kinda made Bad Boy relevant after Big died..

he is kinda the Trent Dilfer of rappers..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Interesting. But I don't like it if everything ends up like Mercy. Not even because of how derivative it all seems, but the fact that it doesn't really mesh with Ye's rapping style (as we can clearly see on Mercy).

I think it's stretching it a bit far though. He has like 2-3 trap-ish artists there so all of a sudden it's all trap? When you got so many distinctly NY heavy hitters also working with him too? Weak correlation there.

I don't know what I want from Kanye right now; MBDTF2, yeah, but I feel like dude needs some inspiration in his life to succeed MBDTF in quality. Dude should be leading, not following, this theory sounds regressive.

//B1G

Banned

yo did you not know of him when he was with children of the corn?
http://youtu.be/j7D-c46n244
though as far as i know he didn't do jack after that. ...or at least not on that caliber.

late for the party, but this track is damn nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoAgZAyT1WY

Lex Luger is a fucking beast man. Wow.

I think it would be pretty damn interesting. I kind of do want to see it happen just to see what kind of impact it would have.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If kanye's next project was all like Mercy it might end up the first thing I like from him in years. Except if he decides to shit up every track like he did on mercy. His verse and beat change up is so fucking awful.

CRS

Never knew of Children of the Corn. Will look into both Harlem World and that Children of the Corn compilation now.

hubes

If kanye's next project was all like Mercy it might end up the first thing I like from him in years. Except if he decides to shit up every track like he did on mercy. His verse and beat change up is so fucking awful.
Yeah I want a version without kanye and a longer 2chaaaaiiiinnzzz verse

Jay Sosa

Are you serious?

he was at one time the biggest name in rap. Not for long but still. And no, if you really think he's only one step above Fonzworth Bentley (honestly I can't even fathom how anyone can come to this conclusion) listening to Harlem World won't change your view on him.

Sometimes this thread is really bizarre.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea, Harlem World was/is classic status. We also have him to thank for opening that lane Fabolous managed to destroy with his career. :/

kodecraft

Are you serious?

he was at one time the biggest name in rap. Not for long but still. And no, if you really think he's only one step above Fonzworth Bentley (honestly I can't even fathom how anyone can come to this conclusion) listening to Harlem World won't change your view on him.

Sometimes this thread is really bizarre.

Yea, Harlem World was/is classic status. We also have him to thank for opening that lane Fabolous managed to destroy with his career. :/

This. Its like they purposely ignore certain things about hip-hop, ya'll can't act like Ma$e is wack, lyrically he got it, better than Cam'ron by a mile and was only slightly under Big L lyrically. He dumbed it down for BadBoy.

He kinda made Bad Boy relevant after Big died..

he is kinda the Trent Dilfer of rappers..

? Wrong, these are definitely biased opinions.

Sippin' White Russians, bitch in the Benz bumpin'

I laced it with the basic, six TV's a system

Knockin' Mase shit, face it, we hard to hit
~Notorious B.I.G.

Esch

Banned
This. Its like they purposely ignore certain things about hip-hop, ya'll can't act like Ma$e is wack, lyrically he got it, better than Cam'ron by a mile and was only slightly under Big L lyrically.

wesley-laughing-gif.gif

Ma$e was that dude for approximately like 6 months and then nobody cared because its Ma$e

and holy shit we have people calling some velveeta cheese shit like harlem world a classic. damn. thats too much

Kode's love for Mase cracks me up. I mean this is really the first time I've ever seen anybody with this kind of love for Mase. Whether or not he was good doesn't matter much.

just how often he brings up Mase and how he will come back just kills me.

kodecraft

Kode's love for Mase cracks me up. I mean this is really the first time I've ever seen anybody with this kind of love for Mase. Whether or not he was good or not doesn't matter much.

just how often he brings up Mase and how he will come back just kills me.

Nah man, I got love for hip-hop like the rest on here, it's all good baby bay-bee

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The old school hip-hop station called BackSpin on Sirius/XM is playing select tracks for 420 all day long today.

On a side note I'm looking for some chill hip-hop recommendations. Think Wu-Tang's Cream's beat for a starting point. Thanks in advance GAF-HOP!!

//B1G

Banned
Never knew of Children of the Corn. Will look into both Harlem World and that Children of the Corn compilation now.

damn dude! you need to peep that whole record. one of the best in the biz if you ask me.
some priiiime lyricism on that album. cam fucking killed it all the way through

and ofc there's this 12 min freestyle where he kills the whole crew in terms of sickness
mase starts at 4:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syYaeUj4QAY

a ninja rather lay down in a stampede
then come to mase face to face
and say he dropped my damn weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom