• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Wrong, these are definitely biased opinions.

Sippin' White Russians, bitch in the Benz bumpin'

I laced it with the basic, six TV's a system

Knockin' Mase shit, face it, we hard to hit
~Notorious B.I.G.

First of all, opinions are bias.. that's why they are opinions and not fact..

second Biggie hyped anyone around Bad Boy, so don't act like a Biggie lyric makes Mase hot
Yep, these cats on here are just biased.

Ma$e>Jadakiss>Papoose>Fabulous>Cam'rom
you are saying Mase is better than Jada and Fab.. and we cats are bias.. lol..

And you threw Papoose in there.. buhaha well now I know you have bad taste..

to quote Big Ghost, who put it best..

See Jayceon is more like on the level of a Papoose...or any other nigga who suffers from extreme dellusionalness n shit. See Pap is a backseat muthafucka in ey single way imaginable b. But sons whole backseat passenger status is at a even higher level than most backseat niggas tho. Son been in the game since the 90s n still cant get a album out...mainly cos NOBODY CARES BOUT PAPOOSE JOINTS namsayin. Son makes joints for motorbike passengers...niggas who ride on the back of the bike clutchin the nigga drivin nahmean. This nigga truly believes in his heart that he the king of New York tho son. Im sayin...like 3 million niggas would have to die first before son is even in the top 100 to be a contender for that title par. N most of those niggas dont even rap. There are niggas who aint even been born yet who got more right to call theyselves the king of NY. There are muthafuckas wit crack pipes in they mouths that get half they meals from Taco Bell dumpsters that got more right to call theyselves the king of NY son. Soon as this niggas "wife" Remy Ma gets outta jail he gon be right there...on the back of that motorbike again nahmean. Til then he gon continue gettin his mediocre on n disrespectin other niggas beats. Get this McNigga the fuckouttahere b.

Lol Ace, I just ignored that. I couldn't tell if he was serious or what, because that list post seemed like it was pure bait.

Like really man papoose over fab??? and Mase over jadakiss??

Blackace

Still gets me every time. lol

for me it's this

Im sayin...like 3 million niggas would have to die first before son is even in the top 100 to be a contender for that title par. N most of those niggas dont even rap. There are niggas who aint even been born yet who got more right to call theyselves the king of NY.

the more i listen to "mercy", the more i like it. that hook is great and big seans verse is so good but man what an awful beat switch.

helllllllllllllllllll no. I like the "say ye" part though. And man I must be the only one who likes the beat switch. Not because it works (because it DOESN'T, it ruins the vibe of the song) but because of the trill ass Scarface sample.

helllllllllllllllllll no. I like the "say ye" part though. And man I must be the only one who likes the beat switch. Not because it works (because it DOESN'T, it ruins the vibe of the song) but because of the trill ass Scarface sample.

the first four lines are some of the funniest shit ive heard in a while. it wins just for that

the beat switch reminds of some fall out boy shit for some reason

Blackace

Asher Roth's first single from Is this too Orange
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/04/19/asher-roth-party-girl-f-meek-mill/
20120419-ASHERROTH.jpg

Yeahhh I can vibe to this.

btw... this single sucks.. :(

Blackace

Maybe you just didn't get it?
Sean's on that complex rap shit namean.
"I give her that D, cause that's where I was born and raised in" is the reason sites like Rap Genius were even created.

he was born and raised in a dick! don't judge him!

Tokubetsu

Have to applaud Big Sean for that line, truly. Rappers will be spending the rest of the year trying to come up with a line with a more homosexual slant. If anyone can do it though, Weezy can.

RPS37

I stay bumping Fear Not Failure though, seriously.

Smoke Out Convsrsations by Dizzy Wright too. Anyone else?

iavi

Blackendwhite was definitely a solid tape, but Earl's edges it out a bit, with me. The beats on it were typical Tyler, but that flow.

Domo Genesis has kinda been killing it lately. Only thing is I kind of feel like his fans aren't really OF fans and because of that people might not want to even bother because they don't like OF stuff like Tyler, when they are really two different rappers
http://nicknack.bandcamp.com/album/state-machine -- Name your Price

*Largely instrumental tape, but with a few features that do put in work.

Check my current fav: http://nicknack.bandcamp.com/track/gimme-a-chance - sounds like somthing I'd expect on KRITs upcoming tape.

okay, yeah track got me interested. Pretty good.

Nas' verse on Live Nigga Rap is fucking foolish.

It Was Written is growing on me.
The Message, Affirmative Action, Shootouts, and I Gave You Power are sick, but the problem with this album is Trackmasters. They are used way too fucking extensively. I know this aint Nas' fault, Columbia pretty much forced him to put out pop shit on this album, but still....

Nas' verse on Live Nigga Rap is fucking foolish.

It Was Written is growing on me.
The Message, Affirmative Action, Shootouts, and I Gave You Power are sick, but the problem with this album is Trackmasters. They are used way too fucking extensively. I know this aint Nas' fault, Columbia pretty much forced him to put out pop shit on this album, but still....

That's kind of a myth. Columbia certainly wanted to sell more than Illmatic, but Nas was also 100% on board with the more commercial tone of the album; he's said before that he wanted to sell like The Fugees. And yet the album doesn't have a party anthem.

Nas' opinion on commercial rap has always confused me. With I Am... he took a clear jiggy party avenue, but most people who know him will say he hates that type of shit.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Isn't it? I can't help but find that shit hilarious. Chief Keef... GOOD Music, that was the last place I thought--No. GOOD wasn't even on the list of places I thought would take him up.

I can't even imagine Keef anywhere with anybody...dude is younger than Bieber!! This is insane. The hype -> quasi-mainstream cycle is shorter than even Odd Future on this one.

I love where Rap is at now. So much mixing of young and old (and acceptance, too). Feels way more advanced that just a short few years ago, even.

Acid08

Banned
Domo Genesis has kinda been killing it lately. Only thing is I kind of feel like his fans aren't really OF fans and because of that people might not want to even bother because they don't like OF stuff like Tyler, when they are really two different rappers

Yeah of all the OF fans I've met they really only ever talk about Tyler's stuff. Sucks because, while I do really like some of his music, he's the weakest one in OF.

iavi

I can't even imagine Keef anywhere with anybody...dude is younger than Bieber!! This is insane. The hype -> quasi-mainstream cycle is shorter than even Odd Future on this one.

I love where Rap is at now. So much mixing of young and old (and acceptance, too). Feels way more advanced that just a short few years ago, even.

It is a good time. The raw availability of music's made the scene a bit more cut-throat, me thinks, but we get better music in the long-run, and more of it.

Yeah of all the OF fans I've met they really only ever talk about Tyler's stuff. Sucks because, while I do really like some of his music, he's the weakest one in OF.

Mike G. The shadow. I just can't buy into that guy. But yeah, if it weren't for him, it'd definitely be Tyler now, since Domo's gone and trained on the mountain and all.

Esch

Banned
That's kind of a myth. Columbia certainly wanted to sell more than Illmatic, but Nas was also 100% on board with the more commercial tone of the album; he's said before that he wanted to sell like The Fugees. And yet the album doesn't have a party anthem.

Nas' opinion on commercial rap has always confused me. With I Am... he took a clear jiggy party avenue, but most people who know him will say he hates that type of shit.

being a hypocrite isnt that confusing

Acid08

Banned
It is a good time. The raw availability of music's made the scene a bit more cut-throat, me thinks, but we get better music in the long-run, and more of it.

Mike G. The shadow. I just can't buy into that guy. But yeah, if it weren't for him, it'd definitely be Tyler now, since Domo's gone and trained on the mountain and all.

Mike G was actually really good live but the only one of his songs I keep in rotation is Forest Green. I found it weird that he wasn't on the new OF album at all really, they were really hyping him up at the show I went to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom