• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

423262_3467949816943_1216987463_33618569_1334984140_n.jpg

Dope as fuck.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Gotta have a nice ass. Hate banging up against hip bones. It's nice if she has a good C cup but I'd rather have a nice ass and little titties than the opposite.

//B1G

Banned
album recommendation time! jak progresso - occult revival
unless you've clicked something i posted of his before... you've never heard shit like this.

click to stream whole album. here's a preview track:

Cattle Grid

the first was carved in my mind, harmless and kind
she was an artist, came back to my apartment for wine
face to face strangulation - i could see her beating heart in her eyes
i threw up when she started to cry. i live with the carcass like:
"look at my doll collection mom, pardon the flies"

overcast

I cant get into it. It just seems so repetitive and boring. I found the narration kinda cool, but it got a bit gimmicky.
I loved pretty much everything about it. I can understand why somebody wouldn't enjoy the gameplay. It was certainly good for me though.

I'm more of an ass man, but I need a good face or I'm not into it. I love me some boobs too though..

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Hey, somebody I know put up his first mixtape: he also produced it.

Lucid

Any comments and such I'll be sure to forward his direction. So he'll know for next time.

Tokubetsu

album recommendation time! jak progresso - occult revival
unless you've clicked something i posted of his before... you've never heard shit like this.

click to stream whole album. here's a preview track:

Cattle Grid

the first was carved in my mind, harmless and kind
she was an artist, came back to my apartment for wine
face to face strangulation - i could see her beating heart in her eyes
i threw up when she started to cry. i live with the carcass like:
"look at my doll collection mom, pardon the flies"

Sweet.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
album recommendation time!

So far I've purchased:

Crawlspace Tapes Vol.1
Don't Look in the Basement
Dustwitch
Pestilence
Planet Asylum
Resin- The Lost Sessions EP
Return to the House
The House That Jak Built

Resin is next level.

Tokubetsu

So far I've purchased:

Crawlspace Tapes Vol.1
Don't Look in the Basement
Dustwitch
Pestilence
Planet Asylum
Resin- The Lost Sessions EP
Return to the House
The House That Jak Built

Resin is next level.

Random Violence is my favorite release from him. Jak scratches my violent white boy raps itch. Also, Phoenix and I have posted about this album before but if you like NE rap, you need to get this album:
i7K9l.jpg

Ka - Grief Pedigree

http://youtu.be/4oxbBP-Ai8U

http://youtu.be/IurFaUqDPRI

Totally independent. Even shoots and edits his own videos. He's a Roc Marci friend/affiliate.

kamspy

Got my Jeezy tickets. Where you at HighResDes?

PUMPED

I was gonna go see Stalley tonight for the fuck of it. He's got like 5 acts with him I've never heard of. Only $10. Problem is I couldn't even find someone to give a ticket to. lol. Poor Stalley.

cdyhybrid

Alright GAF-Hop, hitting the town tonight and going hard. I need some music to make me feel like the king of the world. Something that makes me feel like I'm sitting in a castle drinking champagne out of a diamond encrusted goblet. Recommend me some songs! Lend me your wisdom.

PBY

Banned
Alright GAF-Hop, hitting the town tonight and going hard. I need some music to make me feel like the king of the world. Something that makes me feel like I'm sitting in a castle drinking champagne out of a diamond encrusted goblet. Recommend me some songs! Lend me your wisdom.

WTT. on loop. all night.

Acid08

Banned

uuuuuh there's only one answer.

cdyhybrid

Haha, well, I know about the whole castle swag meme, but I was wondering if there was anything else :p I've listened to WTT a billion times already!

*All numbers approximate.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Finally giving that Hodgy Beats tape a listen, fuck man, this dude is fucking legit as fuck.

Ave. came on and I stopped my fucking work just to listen.

OG Kush

CRS, how faded did Schoolboy look at the concert? Every intereview I've seen of him he just looks out of it. Not even stoned of weed, he looks like on something stronger. PIlls or some shit (wouldn't doubt going by his songs).

Guys I'm going to my buddy's place, for his birthday party. Looks to be a good turnout of people. Any suggestions on some crowd pleasers? I usually end up being in charge of the music.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
CRS, how faded did Schoolboy look at the concert? Every intereview I've seen of him he just looks out of it. Not even stoned of weed, he looks like on something stronger. PIlls or some shit (wouldn't doubt going by his songs).

If he's that faded all the time, I need to match him, maybe even exceed him then tomorrow.

CRS

You're one lucky son of a bitch CRS. What were the best tracks live?
The entire setlist was really good albeit a bit short. Definitely left me wanting more.

Can't remember all of the songs but I know he started off really strong with Figg Get Da Money and To Tha Beat, slowed it down with iBETiGOTSUMWEED, then shit got crazy with Druggy Wit Hoes. Ab-Soul was there and performed alongside and performed a song of his afterwards. Brought things back down and pretty serious with Blessed and finished the set with Hands on the Wheel. The entire crowd got into it during the hype songs. Q brought a ot of energy and he even performed a song in the crowd. Great part about being at a small venues for artists that haven't blown up? Fans of the artist's music are the ones that show up and make the show much more enjoyable.

When he started he looked normal, but he had a few blunts throughout the show and it must have been some good Cali weed because he looked really high.

SoilBreak

Banned
A Tribe Called Quest: Innovations & Legacies

If you’re a die hard Hip-Hop head and reside in New York, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be here for these three big events being held “at The Gatehouse and Marian Anderson Theater.” The event jumped off on the 1st and ends tonight with a performance by The J Dilla Ensemble (with support from the J Dilla Foundation), the first academic class from the Berklee College of Music. Guests expected: ATCQ, Dres (of Black Sheep), Busta Rhymes, Vinia Mojica, Sadat X and Dinco D & Charlie Brown (of Leaders of the New School). All in tribute to ATCQ & Dilla. Down bottom is a sample of what the J Dilla Ensemble will be offering. Cop your tickets here. Shouts to OKP Revivalist.

T Dollarz

The entire setlist was really good albeit a bit short. Definitely left me wanting more.

Can't remember all of the songs but I know he started off really strong with Figg Get Da Money and To Tha Beat, slowed it down with iBETiGOTSUMWEED, then shit got crazy with Druggy Wit Hoes. Ab-Soul was there and performed alongside and performed a song of his afterwards. Brought things back down and pretty serious with Blessed and finished the set with Hands on the Wheel. The entire crowd got into it during the hype songs. Q brought a ot of energy and he even performed a song in the crowd. Great part about being at a small venues for artists that haven't blown up? Fans of the artist's music are the ones that show up and make the show much more enjoyable.

When he started he looked normal, but he had a few blunts throughout the show and it must have been some good Cali weed because he looked really high.
Holy fuck this all sounds awesome! I'd love to get to see him...

Thanks to whoever posted about Stakes Is High recently.
The last couple of times I've heard the album it's bored me, far too much 'old folks moaning about shit' for me to get enthused by the whole thing.
That was a while ago though and I've just finished listening to it and I'm in love with it all over again!

siddx

I seem to recall someone mentioning this but anyways, I just found out/remembered that deathrow released LBC Crew's and OFTB's shelved albums (from 96 and 97) last year.
OFTB's is underwhelming, a few good tracks but mostly pretty dull.
The LBC crew album on the other hand has a quite a few great tracks on it, fans of that mid 90's west coast sound should track it down.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Siddx is that LBC Crew album called Haven't You Heard? May have to check that out, also yeah that DJ Muggs is a pretty generic attempt at Dubstep i'm a lil surprised at the way it's been infiltrating some American music production lately though, maybe the attempts will get better.

siddx

Siddx is that LBC Crew album called Haven't You Heard? May have to check that out, also yeah that DJ Muggs is a pretty generic attempt at Dubstep i'm a lil surprised at the way it's been infiltrating some American music production lately though, maybe the attempts will get better.

Yup, haven't you heard. There are plenty of generic and forgettable songs on there, but for a fan of that era, there are also a bunch of great tracks.

Theres really only one section of that muggs song that is awful, when he goes full on dubstep imitation. I don't mind some dubstep, but it's "less is more" for me with dubstep. Little hints of it mixed with hip hop I don't mind. But when it just becomes a giant generic mess or noise it's fucking awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom