• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

My ninjas I gotta question. What type of internet service do you guys have? I have Comcast right. I got it at $30/m, then three months later it increased to $45/m; turns out the $30/m thing was just a three month promo. Fine, whatever.

Now I look at my statement and it says I'll be paying $62/m starting next month, what the fuck? Just for internet. I talked to some Comcast person online and found out about a $40/m plan, which doesn't sound bad...but I'm wondering if there are cheaper options that give good service.

The thing I like about Comcast is that I get basic tv channels with it. I don't have cable, but I get stuff like ABC, NBC, CBS, etc; that's mainly for my brother tbh since I don't really watch tv (I just watch stuff online). So I'd prefer to have a plan that can at least include that stuff if possible : /

Research ISPs in your area. Not everything people post in here will be available to you.

I'm just happy the first song on the album exists.

Now no backpacker can ever criticize Kanye or any other producer for overproducing shit. It cut like half the GAF HOP conversation off the vine. But yeah, the rest the album is flame. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

EDIT: OH SHIT DANNY FUCKING BROWN OUT OF NO WHERE!!!!! @_@ SPOILER ALERT!
EDIT 2: OH SHIT KILLER FUCKING MIKE OUT OF NO WHERE!!!!

I don't even know how you could compare Request Denied to anything like fucking AotL. At least El-P has the decency to keep his features to a minimum. Unlike Kanye who just throws any damn body on a song and calls it art.

20120424-LIMBO1.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9g21i7xt7ju7wxq

russ needs to slow down.. isn't this like his third album in like a year? haha. the bugus tape was the best one though..

kamspy

I don't even know how you could compare Request Denied to anything like fucking AotL. At least El-P has the decency to keep his features to a minimum. Unlike Kanye who just throws any damn body on a song and calls it art.

Do I have the wrong track on my folder? The first track is named Request Denied but sounds like a Cher instrumental son. A Lady GaGa beat.

The rest the album is hot fire. I honestly didn't think El-P had anything left in the tank but this shit is all the way live. Gonna order the CD.

You can get it straight from the label here http://www.fatpossum.com/products/cancer-for-cure

$13 ain't bad at all.

Tokubetsu

Do I have the wrong track on my folder? The first track is named Request Denied but sounds like a Cher instrumental son. A Lady GaGa beat.

The rest the album is hot fire. I honestly didn't think El-P had anything left in the tank but this shit is all the way live. Gonna order the CD.

You can get it straight from the label here http://www.fatpossum.com/products/cancer-for-cure

$13 ain't bad at all.

You can get it straight from the man himself/his dead label site as well:
http://definitivejux.com/

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

so much wrong with that pic.. from the cover with Nas and Pac in the corner.. to the BIG T-shirt and the look of stupid on his face..

But Jay-Z is the only one left alive...

careerwise

OG Kush

Guys, the REAL Rick Ross was on Joe Rogans podcast Last night:
http://blog.joerogan.net/archives/4665

Amazing interview, and he even talks about how the fake fat rick ross or fat bill as they call him stole his name. I seriously don't see how anyone can have any respect for that rapper, hes using someone elses name who is still alive at this time. Thats like me becomming a rapper and naming myself Barack Obama and then getting Barack obama tatted on my body as well.

Blackace

Amazing interview, and he even talks about how the fake fat rick ross or fat bill as they call him stole his name. I seriously don't see how anyone can have any respect for that rapper, hes using someone elses name who is still alive at this time. Thats like me becomming a rapper and naming myself Barack Obama and then getting Barack obama tatted on my body as well.
I think it is weird too, but he was good with until he found out he was a CO... Also he wasn't even the first rapper to use his name..

Detox

Blackace taking subliminal shots at Nas... At least Nas is still bodying tracks. It's not a about a salary it's all about reality

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Meh. I like Ross' music. I couldn't give a flying fuck about random salty irrelevant crook number 100. Who cares if he was a CO at this point. It's entertainment. A large majority of these rappers come from well off families, are college graduates, have clean records, and don't do shit they talk about in songs. The guy needs to move on.

Blackace

Blackace taking subliminal shots at Nas... At least Nas is still bodying tracks. It's not a about a salary it's all about reality

nothing subliminal about those shots...

And Nas has been pretty meh for a while now..

At least Jay makes a random hit every now and again..

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Yeah, it's fucking weird as hell.

But Teflon Don is a good ass album. That Wing Stop line from MC Hammer absolves him of any fakery.

Besides, Ice Cube, Game, Tupac....alot of famous rappers were never who they claimed to be.

njean777

Many rappers use names that are not theirs, so whats new?

iavi

Shit is inspiring.

Whenever I'm feeling kinda shitty I read this article. Thought I'd post for a lot of the detractors too. Ignorant as fuck and I bet you didn't expect some weird off the boat Japanese dude was partly responsible for the sound. Shit is like that ep of Treme.

I didn't particularly dig much of the production on the tape. I mean, it goes, but was nothing really novel. Serious props to the dude's hustle though. Seriously. To hustle so hard you leave your motherland with pennies to just do what you love and get on is some shit.

HiResDes

A lot of amazing shit got released while I was out eating sushi, but I wanted to give a special shoutout to Siddx for that Stu Cat album, which I feel might get lost in the shuffle. Everything else is dope as well, though I'm not a huge fan of Russ' rapping whatsoever.

Gotta admit I'm not feeling the OC & Apollo Brown, despite anticipating it for months. It's just so...stale. OC just sounds so passionless lyrically. It reminds me of Saigon's album last year with the various inspirational tracks including generic lyrics. Production wise it's also mixed, surprisingly. It doesn't bang nearly as much as Daily Bread last year, although it's good to hear someone rapping over the dope Clouds beats on here.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
My ninjas I gotta question. What type of internet service do you guys have? I have Comcast right. I got it at $30/m, then three months later it increased to $45/m; turns out the $30/m thing was just a three month promo. Fine, whatever.

Now I look at my statement and it says I'll be paying $62/m starting next month, what the fuck? Just for internet. I talked to some Comcast person online and found out about a $40/m plan, which doesn't sound bad...but I'm wondering if there are cheaper options that give good service.

The thing I like about Comcast is that I get basic tv channels with it. I don't have cable, but I get stuff like ABC, NBC, CBS, etc; that's mainly for my brother tbh since I don't really watch tv (I just watch stuff online). So I'd prefer to have a plan that can at least include that stuff if possible : /

I have U-verse with the fastest internet available. I am paying waaaaaay too much, but with my wife on her iPad, me on mine, or streaming some sports or HBO GO, I don't have time for buffering.

//B1G

Banned
there's too much shit coming out, i don't even get time to filter the good from the bad before some new album drops. so then i resort to not downloading or listening to any of it.

zychi

Banned

Scarface is actually Tony Montana.
Game is actually HHH from the WWE, who is actually a movie.
Nas is actually a prophet from the 1500s.
8ball is actually a pool ball.
Dr. Dre isn't actually a doctor.
Snoop Dogg is actually Charlie Brown's animated dog.
Common is actually a room in the middle of a bunch of colleges and homes.
Drake is actually a college.

BTW, the Los Angeles Lakers are actually named for the lakes in Minnesota, they should totally re-name themselves because its fraudulent.

What does it matter what they named themselves after? 90% of rappers don't or haven't actually sold drugs or murdered someone, it's like a movie, its for entertainment.

PBY

Banned
New Slaughterhouse is fine- mostly because I don't even know what to expect from them anymore, but more importantly, I dont know what I as a fan want from them either.

I was such a stan when they formed the group, and I loved their first album, but since then my hype has really gone down. The single is fine, and all the comments I read are ppl saying that this is necessary for them to get radio play- but honestly, I don't see slaughterhouse being a group that will ever be commercially viable on the radio. Its a problem that I see systemic w/ Shady 2.0- namely the belief that the only way to commercial success is through the radio.

Either way, I hope the album's dope and that this song takes off. The first could definitely happen, the second, I doubt it.

Esch

Banned
shady 2.0 just doesnt get that you have to attempt to make good music, its all battle raps or shameless heavyhanded grabs for the female demographic. They have no style.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Slaughterhouse is fine- mostly because I don't even know what to expect from them anymore, but more importantly, I dont know what I as a fan want from them either.

I was such a stan when they formed the group, and I loved their first album, but since then my hype has really gone down. The single is fine, and all the comments I read are ppl saying that this is necessary for them to get radio play- but honestly, I don't see slaughterhouse being a group that will ever be commercially viable on the radio. Its a problem that I see systemic w/ Shady 2.0- namely the belief that the only way to commercial success is through the radio.

Either way, I hope the album's dope and that this song takes off. The first could definitely happen, the second, I doubt it.
I pretty much agree. Though the hype is still there. Slaughterhouse is still capable of making AAA songs though. And they still do, just less frequently. But yeah all I want is more Slaughterhouses and Not Tonights and stuff.

Slaughterhouse just doesn't work for me at all man. It's a shame too because I like them as rappers when they are on their own shit somewhat. But they have no chemistry together it seems, I'm sure in real life they are probably the best friends or some shit, but I just don't think it works. It's like taking steak, ice cream, mustard, and orange juice in a bowl or some shit.

Esch

Banned
slaughter has chemistry. they just overcheese and stray from their battle rap strengths too often. They should also consider not throwing the whole crew on every song and focusing on coherent songs as well.

and for gods sake less similies

slaughter has chemistry. they just overcheese and stray from their battle rap strengths too often. They should also consider not throwing the whole crew on every song and focusing on coherent songs as well.

and for gods sake less similies

It's the only thing I could think of man. You never like certain foods and thought hey let me try mixing them up and the results are terrible?

Grzi

Slaughterhouse are boring battle rappers with mediocre beats (Hammer Dance is actually one of the best beats they've rapped over).

The group is definitely less than the sum of its parts, and by that I mean less than Royce solo, because other than him, the other guys aren't really all that interesting (Joey had a nice phase, but it kind of got boring).

And I don't even consider Royce to be that good.

My thoughts on Slaughterhouse
http://forums.projectcovo.com/showpost.php?p=1139417081&postcount=33

They're completely irrelavant. Hip hop doesn't need to be saved by battle lyricists - last year was one of the best years for hip hop, and 2010 was amazing as well. Meanwhile SH has been doing the same east coast shit and acting as arrogant as ever. Guess what, no one is checking for you. Kendrick, KRIT, Action Bronson, Danny Brown etc etc are all doing fresh shit while they trade punch lines

And once again they release a first single with a rock sample/theme. And it just doesn't work....shit sounds horrible. Hammer Dance? Seriously? Korn sample in 2012? Seriously?

kamspy

Came here to post this after reading the reaction to the Rick Ross interview.

Ricky's just a fan. No one is made as Nas for being a project window rapper. His new single is called The Don. Does anyone think Nas is or even more laughably ever was, a Don?

WanderingWind

My thoughts on Slaughterhouse
http://forums.projectcovo.com/showpost.php?p=1139417081&postcount=33

They're completely irrelavant. Hip hop doesn't need to be saved by battle lyricists - last year was one of the best years for hip hop, and 2010 was amazing as well. Meanwhile SH has been doing the same east coast shit and acting as arrogant as ever. Guess what, no one is checking for you. Kendrick, KRIT, Action Bronson, Danny Brown etc etc are all doing fresh shit while they trade punch lines

And once again they release a first single with a rock sample/theme. And it just doesn't work....shit sounds horrible. Hammer Dance? Seriously? Korn sample in 2012? Seriously?

I was ahead of the "fuck Slaughterhouse" curve. Fucking wannabes, every last one of 'em. Nobody gives a shit, you collective group of failures. Banding together to form a super concentrated version of desperation and failure doesn't change shit. Keep trying to preach about "hip hop" though, turds. Nobody is listening.

kamspy

I was ahead of the "fuck Slaughterhouse" curve. Fucking wannabes, every last one of 'em. Nobody gives a shit, you collective group of failures. Banding together to form a super concentrated version of desperation and failure doesn't change shit. Keep trying to preach about "hip hop" though, turds. Nobody is listening.

See, in one post you make sense like this, in other posts you come off like a guy who would back up the Slaughterhouse "hip hop" mentality.

Which is it Wandering?

Ricky's just a fan. No one is made as Nas for being a project window rapper. His new single is called The Don. Does anyone think Nas is or even more laughably ever was, a Don?

There's a thin line between playing a character, crafting a persona and making a metaphor.

But it does seem some dudes take some aspects of hiphop too seriously.

WanderingWind

See, in one post you make sense like this, in other posts you come off like a guy who would back up the Slaughterhouse "hip hop" mentality.

Which is it Wandering?

I'm a complex man.

I love my ignant shit and backpacker shit equally, is all. I definitely ain't never been about that "real hip hop" shit Joell is on.

OG Kush

BTW, the Los Angeles Lakers are actually named for the lakes in Minnesota, they should totally re-name themselves because its fraudulent.

What does it matter what they named themselves after? 90% of rappers don't or haven't actually sold drugs or murdered someone, it's like a movie, its for entertainment.

Yo are you telling me Rick Ross didn't know there happened to be on of the most well know drug dealers in the US called Rick Ross aswell? pshh get that shit out of here. Dr dre not being a doctor and all the other examples have nothing to do with this. The fact is fat ross stole a person's identity, name and look.
Fair enough peopel chat a lot of a shit in hip hop, but hip hop comapred to all other genres is the realist of them all. Ross took his fakeness to a whole nother level and some people in this thread still suck his balls.
anyways whatever, im tired of this fat fuck. hes got skills as an MC but i aint go no respect for him.

Detox

Right and does anyone think Jay was moving bricks? His broke ass was barely paying for the studio time at D&D.

WanderingWind

Right and does anyone think Jay was moving bricks? His broke ass was barely paying for the studio time at D&D.

lol and that lie gets bigger and bigger with each album. His "spot" that he lit up with BP3 ended up being some high end boutique or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom