• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
Murs & Fashawn to Release A Collab Project

Well we’re about 50 percent done with that and that’s gonna be dope. And I think we’re gonna double disk that. I think we might do it EP style and just put this project out. Like there’s the Murs and Me project and then there’s Me and Fash. Each project that has the “me” in the title, then that person’s taking the lead on the project. Like the Murs and Me project, I’m taking the lead on that one. And the Me and Fash project, Murs is taking the lead on that EP. And its produced by K-Salaam & Beatnick. That’s gonna be awesome, can’t wait ‘til ya’ll to hear that.

We’re just trying to figure out a creative way to package it and put it out ‘cause you know, me and Murs, we have an extensive catalog. We just wanna do something innovative and fresh and that’s why I like collaborating with each other. This is my first time ever doing an album with another emcee so that should be interesting

iavi

This K.R.I.T tape is delivering in spades. Faith rewarded. It's smooth as hell, but it bumps like expected. I'm up to 4evaNaDay (Theme) now.

E: "Me and my Old School" is nuts.

Jay Sosa

Drake after Ice Cream Man threw my swag off. I'm standing up and getting into it, then I just kinda look left to right and sit down when the Drake cut comes on. lol

Great mix ace! Only knock^^^^ You gotta ease your way into Drake. Going from one of the hardest N.O. songs ever to Drake is jarring. You gotta go like Master P -> Juve -> Mo B Dick -> Drake

wait a minute..does this mean that mix also include new CMR?

Or only the back that ass up cover?

Wiz

Hey guys, first post in GAF-hop. Super huge hip-hop fan. If you're wondering who my favorite MC is, it's Lupe Fiasco.

But all I gotta say for now is...dat new KRIT! Very good stuff.

Wiz

Wait, y'all don't like Lupe? I mean I know Lasers was disappointing but he's still a great MC.

Ah well.

Izick

I'm not going to hate, hate, hate, but I have to say I was taken aback quite a bit as well when I saw Lupe.

You would put him over the musical stylings of say Biggie, 2Pac, Jay-Z, GZA, Method Man, or even Kanye? Just curious.

kamspy

No need to prove it, Pastor Troy can be smooth too. Plus that song might as well had been Sky's song Banner isn't the one singing.

Yeah, he just wrote and produced it. 7 years before it became popular.

Banner hate in hear in puzzling, but I'll chalk it up to lack of exposure. smh

I'm just kidding. Food & Liquor and The Cool are amongst my favorite albums, Wiz Khalifa.

But, right now he looks like Whoopi Goldberg and likes rapping over WUB WUB

Wiz

I'm not going to hate, hate, hate, but I have to say I was taken aback quite a bit as well when I saw Lupe.

You would put him over the musical stylings of say Biggie, 2Pac, Jay-Z, GZA, Method Man, or even Kanye? Just curious.

Well I'm not saying he's better than any of them, he's just my personal favorite. I'm a fan of all the guys you posted, but I tend to lean more towards Lupe's type of subject matter and lyricism when it comes to rap.

Izick

Well I'm not saying he's better than any of them, he's just my personal favorite. I'm a fan of all the guys you posted, but I tend to lean more towards Lupe's type of subject matter and lyricism when it comes to rap.

Alright, that's fair enough, mang.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
After first listen through i'm pretty damn impressed with 4Eva N A Day. It's more cohesive than R4 which had a few tracks I could easily do without (Sookie Now anyone?) The consistent feel hurts it a little bit as it doesn't reach some of the peaks of his previous mixtapes, but it definitely has its highlights like 4evaNaDay theme and Temptation to name a couple. Damn I think Temptation might be one of my favourite joints of this young year. Out of his 3 main mixtapes i'd say Wuz Here > 4Eva N A Day > R4

new krit is awesome. only a few songs in but enjoying the new direction..so fuckin chill and smooth. this tape is great late night work music

the guitar in insomnia is sick.

I'm liking the new KRIT tape, feeling Temptation the most I think.

It sounds very similar to R4 though, not really a bad thing I guess.

CRS

I just got my summer music.

Trunk Klassics during the day and 4Eva N A Day during the evenings. Summer weather has been slowly creeping too so I can't wait to ride it out with the windows down and put this tape on.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Who is going to SXSW?

I live in Houston and one year I need to make the trip. I heard a rumor Eminem, YMCM and Jay-Z are going to do shows at SXSW this year. I might have to make a trip for Jay.

Houston has a festival this year with Snoop, Zro, Willie Nelson, Morris Day and the Time, Danny Brown, Diplo and about 40 other bands this summer.

Izick

On Red Eye. Everything sounds solid so far. 4Eva N A Day definitely be a full album that I'd buy, so that's always positive for it just being a mixtape.

I haven't listened to it completely yet, but 4eva and a day as a whole seems much.more inspiring type music than his last two releases. I think people who complained about him bringing up the same things will like this more than R4.

But I don't think I could compare which is better between this and his last two releases due to this feeling more like depending on what I'm going thru in life would make me choose one over the other

I have school and then the gym today and not dling and listening to this krit tape is killing me.
If it is as smooth as you guys say it is... it just makes me think of the vent on his last and i loved that song.
This mixtape like that ?

Izick

I have school and then the gym today and not dling and listening to this krit tape is killing me.
If it is as smooth as you guys say it is... it just makes me think of the vent on his last and i loved that song.
This mixtape like that ?

3cOmm.jpg

Like I said, I'm only about half way through, but it's crazy good, and yes, very smooth, so far.

This mixtape like that ?

if you loved the vent, youre gonna love this new tape. really not as slow as that song, but really just..smooooooooooth

iavi

But I don't think I could compare which is better between this and his last two releases due to this feeling more like depending on what I'm going thru in life would make me choose one over the other

I feel the exact same way. "Alarm" at the end really drives this feeling home.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
It's in the same vein of the latest Roots record, except 2.5 times as much actual music with no features. Crazy that this is free. Just crazy.

Love that bass line on Down & Out

Whole tape is amazing, I'd probably put Krit in my top 10 all time now and he doesn't even have a studio album out yet. Crazy.

Incredible.

Unlike Slaughterhouse, each guy here stands in their own position, without fatiguing overlap.

*downloads KRIT*

I can't listen to this track atm but damn really? That shit is kind of embarassing. Slaughterhouse has been formed for about 4 years just about right?

Esch

Banned
New KRIT is great baby smooth shit. I personally love it. Not very banger heavy though, I really want more of those.

KRIT needs to let me give him money. I feel like im obliged to go see him at Memphis in May because of all this unbelievable free music.

Slaughterhouse is 3 battle rappers plus Budden. That shit gets boring, especially as they trade horrible similes and corny lines. "Like the bloody center of a hamburger"? fuckoutahere gump

That Mars track is good, although not as good as I had hoped. Still as a group I'll take those rappers over Slaughterhouse any day of the week.

GamerSoul

New KRIT is great baby smooth shit. I personally love it. Not very banger heavy though, I really want more of those.

KRIT needs to let me give him money. I feel like im obliged to go see him at Memphis in May because of all this unbelievable free music.

Maybe we'll get them on the album with some nice features.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Krit is so good its making me forget all the dumbfuckery thats been posted in here over the last 24 hours. You festering balls of rotten twat skin.

Esch

Banned
Domino is right and wrong; he is right in that KRIT is maintaining with this shit. Its made for his fans, some soulful trunk music. None of the stuff on this is gonna get him K Dot or Cole levels of hype even if it is liquid dopeness.... But he is wrong as fuck in that KRIT wont have commercial/game success, all types of folk were talkin bout Country Shit Remix and to a lesser extent Money on the Floor... KRIT can make serious commercial inroads; he actually writes good hooks and bangers, its just about how to package him to the public. Son is nice, women don't really jizz over him like they do for guys like Yela or J Cole, he's not an asshole.. what is big krits persona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom