• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarus

Words I Never Said + Techo/Dubstep/Wubstep whatever electronics bullshit is popular that week in Lil Whoopi land.
Ya know, I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I mean look at the single cover for it...
lupe-fiasco-around-my-way-freedom-aint-free-single-cover-art-1.jpg

iavi

Words I Never Said + Techo/Dubstep/Wubstep whatever electronics bullshit is popular that week in Lil Whoopi land.

Real Talk:

Also, finally nabbed a job GAF HOP. Fucking perfect job really. Working as a technician at a retro arcade. Same pay as my last job, don't show up til 10:00AM, work directly under the owner and he told me I'll spend most my days playing arcade games for free and surfing the net. So to celebrate, oxy, medium grade dro, some phenegrin pills (promethazine, smart mans uber syrup combo) and the usual xanax. Good feels man. :p

Fucking luck. Bout time I got some. Oh yeah, house got robbed last night - sorta. Probably some druggie I know. My high ass left he door unlocked. He probably came over early to try and sell my some oxy or something, I usually holler for people to come in. I guess he came in, noticed I was still assed out and helped himself to all the money in my wallet (~$500), all my dro (which sucks because there is no boutique grade in Cincy right now :( , all my xanax (luckily my 2 dr. method worked out to get my other script filled today) and all my oxy. MOTHER FUCKER. If not for this job I'd be beating a dude into the pavement tonight. There are 2 people, who literally are 50/50 suspects. Both are known to show up early, and both would let themselves in (it's usually cool like that, I just slept mad late and was KO'd off last nights binge) and they saw my shit laying out and took it.

So instead of investigating and figuring out which shithead stole my stuff, I gave one dudes address to some crazy, legit CRAZY, motherfucker who wants to kill him for knocking up his wife, and the other dude I got fired from his job and dropped by his pain management doctor. Scorched earth policy.

EDIT: Worst thing is, aside from there being no boutique grade dro in the city, the bastard stole my fucking jar. You can take a mans money and drugs. But don't take my fucking dro jar. I loved that damn jar and I'll never find one like it. :(

My renters insurance will cover the cash and more. Already got in touch. Should get a check before the weekend.

Also, the hot ass Italian chick I'm banging right now's baby daddy is coming home from a 5 year bid in a week. Sucks. I really liked that pussy, but I'm not gonna get anywhere near that drama. She was a cool chick too. Shame she got knocked up by a goon.

EDIT 2: He was locked up for manslaughter. His nickname back in the day was monster. I watched this dude disintegrate a pitbull with a sawed off back in high school. True nut job. Seriously.

Congrats on the job, fam. I'm dead drop in the middle of the search, myself. Got a few interesting prospects going, now it's to praying one goes through.

Also, keep a pair of eyes duct taped to the back of your head. Playing with fire is fun as hell, but can fuck you so fast. You don't even need me to say it.

----

New: Currensy (Ft. 2chainzzzzzz) - "Capitol"

http://stereogum.com/1034332/curreny-capitol-feat-2-chainz-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Off of "The Stoned Immaculate"

So does anybody here or in the world actually like Chief Keef? I'm listening to some of his stuff and he just sound like a poor man's Wocka to me.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
New: Currensy (Ft. 2chainzzzzzz) - "Capitol"

http://stereogum.com/1034332/curreny-capitol-feat-2-chainz-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Off of "The Stoned Immaculate"

Liking the flutes on this and the saxophone that comes through on this joint. Might be this albums' version of Famous from Pilot Talk 2.

So does anybody here or in the world actually like Chief Keef? I'm listening to some of his stuff and he just sound like a poor man's Wocka to me.

I like some of those beats he goes over and his calm delivery of thugged out shit is an interesting contrast to the production of Young Chop or whoever, and is kinda different from Waka who is usually all about shouting and chest beating all over a track. I concede on a purely technical level that his rapping is terrible, but I do end up getting a couple of his joints into my head for a little bit.

personally think hes whack. "dont like" beat isnt even that great. sounds like some lex luger fl studio tutorial youtube beat

good for him though, hes like 16 or something and hes working with kanye already

DominoKid

Hai guyz!

Not having internet blows dick and i get shit reception out in the obx. Im so out of touch with rap and the world in general. IDK wtf is going on in the nba playoffs right now.

And yes, Chief Keef is that dude.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yoooo- so what's the status on the gaf don't like remix? Don't let this die, was super hyped to hear it

I had my verse to Tguy like 3 days after we announced it. The rest of these bitches just don't have the discipline :p

RPS37

Drake went from "i'm trying to prove rappers are intelligent black men" to "you gon make me have to catch a body like that"
I support the Gambino. Haven't even heard the song yet.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Best tweet I have seen in awhile

@WakaFlockaBSM: Kobe who hahahahaha
@TrellChillin: Slim Dunkin who hahahaha

Esch

Banned
that its a bunch of vaseline rubbers mean muggin like its Shook Ones Pt. VI

EDIT: new Deniro Farrar is immense as fuck

Funnily enough, I personally feel like Stalley has the right face on that cover despite his face isn't a reflection of the music he makes. He just seems to fit way much more than Wale, Meek Mill, and Omarion on that cover.

Omarion has some shady business going on.
Timbaland signed him to his label and then let him go without recording anything.
Then Young Money signed him and then let him go without recording anything.
Then he gets picked up by MMG.

He hasn't released anything in years and yet is still constantly managing to get picked up by (relatively) large labels, remain in demand and still keep getting paid without actually doing anything. Hmmmm.....

RPS37

Hi Res/K. jack
It has come to my attention that my beat could use a little bit of a tempo reduction which would maybe help with rapping. What do you think about that?

My dude, this is what you need. Umm. Paul and Cham don't get paid when this sells, so get it how you live. They've both been very clear about that.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029LUL7K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This CD, ESPECIALLY in the summer time. Yeah. Put it in, roll the windows down and you don't even have to skip a song. It's like Gucci Mane rap with better lyrics, but the same type beats and content. Just wittier.

I'll give it a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom