• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

GAF HOP.

I got some Diablo III guest passes.

I already sold my extra full game key to a GAF HOP lurker, so these are reserved for GAF HOP regulars. You guys know who you are. If you're not sure, just ask.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Omarion has some shady business going on.
Timbaland signed him to his label and then let him go without recording anything.
Then Young Money signed him and then let him go without recording anything.
Then he gets picked up by MMG.

He hasn't released anything in years and yet is still constantly managing to get picked up by (relatively) large labels, remain in demand and still keep getting paid without actually doing anything. Hmmmm.....

He's the One True Weed Carrier. Spliff Starr looks up to him.

selfmade.jpg

I can't say why exactly, but this cover makes me laugh.

Meek got that glaze look in his eyes, if you know what I mean. That Luther Vandross, Eric Sermon look nahmean

JPKellams

My present to GAF-HOP:

PlatinumGames said:
Excited to announce that Dilated Peoples (@PeoplesDilated) have made an original song for Anarchy Reigns! Preview coming to PG Break May 25! It's totally new music called “This is Madness.” Production by @djbabuforreal and of course, the talents of @TheRealRakaa and @Evidence! You can check the track out in Anarchy Reigns! More details coming soon... But the track is amazing! Get ready!

HiResDes

Hi Res/K. jack
It has come to my attention that my beat could use a little bit of a tempo reduction which would maybe help with rapping. What do you think about that?

It doesn't matter to me, already went hard over it, or as hard as I could with my shitty mic. Yes, I blame my mic mostly.

T Dollarz

GAF HOP.

I already sold my extra full game key to a GAF HOP lurker, so these are reserved for GAF HOP regulars. You guys know who you are. If you're not sure, just ask.

I'm trying to get Diablo but I ain't got the money right now. Not sure what guest pass means though, but let me know.

GAF HOP.

I'm too po to buy the game right now. Can I have a key please?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Platinum Games 4 lyfe!

Stalley and Ross look gooned out. Meek Millz's face is loltastic, and Wale looks like the friend that gets robbed in the movie, and causes everyone else to get in trouble. Omarion looks like the dude that set the robbery up: straight treacherous.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I bought the damn game. I may have some passes too? Kam, how do I check to see if I have those to hand out? I'll give them out here too in return for the sweet music hooks ups. (Peter gets first dibs, siddx can get one of his hoes to buy him the game)

kamspy

I bought the damn game. I may have some passes too? Kam, how do I check to see if I have those to hand out? I'll give them out here too in return for the sweet music hooks ups. (Peter gets first dibs, siddx can get one of his hoes to buy him the game)

They're in the box on post cards.

Digi versions don't get them.

I've got 2 left.

iavi

Ay, kam, shoot me one of those passes. I vowed not to support the use of draconian DRM, but I will use their bandwidth.

overcast

overcast

Damn, didn't think I would love Control System as much as I do. TDE is so damn diverse. So much talent coming from a small group. Each artist brings their own flavor to the table, but even then they switch it up so much during the course of an album.

Props to Soul for showing he is as good as the others. I think this cements Jay Rock as a distant last place. Kendrick>Schoolboy>Soul>>>Rock.

Looks like Lupe's upcoming single is produced by S1.

He co-produced Murder to Excellence on WTT and Power on MBDTF.

hah, I literally just talked to S1 like an hour ago at the Phonte/9th Wonder show here in Dallas. I jokingly asked him "when that new Kanye coming out?"
"we're working on it"

Show was dope btw. Kinda weird hearing a ton of Little Brother tracks without Big Pooh though. And Phonte is a hilarious motherfucker.

I know there's a couple Houston folks here, I think they're at Warehouse Live tonight (Friday). Should definitely check them out.

Damn, didn't think I would love Control System as much as I do. TDE is so damn diverse. So much talent coming from a small group. Each artist brings their own flavor to the table, but even then they switch it up so much during the course of an album.

Props to Soul for showing he is as good as the others. I think this cements Jay Rock as a distant last place. Kendrick>Schoolboy>Soul>>>Rock.

jay rock gets no love. I enjoyed his verses on control system and I really enjoyed Follow me Home, thought it was a good west coast album.

Detox

Jay rock has the most to gain out Aftermath, I can just imagine DOC coaching him. If Aftermath prep him properly he can drop a west coast banger.

overcast

jay rock gets no love. I enjoyed his verses on control system and I really enjoyed Follow me Home, thought it was a good west coast album.
To be honest I listened to Follow Me Home twice and it did nothing for me. To me it just doesn't sound like a good west sound. Maybe it's his flow? Idk. I do like his verse on control system.

Macca

Jay rock has the most to gain out Aftermath, I can just imagine DOC coaching him. If Aftermath prep him properly he can drop a west coast banger.
He's only signed to Interscope though.

I really enjoyed Follow Me Home too, agreed with it just being a good west coast sounding album.

Kaizer

Banned

Just got done listening to both Habits & Contradictions (yeah I'm super late on this one) and Control System. Honestly its a toss up between Q and Soul for 2nd place. I'm really feeling this Ab-Soul album WAY more than I was expecting. Nightmare on Figg St. is that joint though.

Detox

R.A.P music is good but I can't stop comparing it to the early Ice Cube albums which it doesnt come close to. Mike just doesn't have the presence Cube has on the mic let alone the lyrics (some songs are great). Makes me want Cube to reunite with the Bomb Squad and do a similar album.

OG Kush

Got standing tickets to the Watch the Throne tour here in London on sunday... 2nd show of European leg, gonna be dope! Any other UK gaf-hop going to the WTT tour?

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Got standing tickets to the Watch the Throne tour here in London on sunday... 2nd show of European leg, gonna be dope! Any other UK gaf-hop going to the WTT tour?

Yeah man I will actually be at that on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the event i'm sure it's gonna be a huge show but if i'm honest, i'm a little apprehensive because I wasn't really a fan of the Watch The Throne album at all in fact I thought it was pretty shit. So i'm mainly hoping that they are going to do a lot of dipping into their back catalogues.

T Dollarz

I guess I'm the only one that loved Jay Rock's album last summer. Shit was perfect to bump in the whip and was a really great west coast vibe for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom