• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
1982-Statik-Selektah-Termanology-2012.jpg

this is dope

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
nice stack of shit to download and check out niiiiiiice.

KRIT song is cool though. Roommates actually asked who it was and they're the barometer for "mainstream" shit, so I guess that's a good thing.

iavi

Lol, was just about to upload a beat for yall to hear to ask what you think

But, Yeah, echoing what Miri said. Looking forward to it miri.

A beat other than Yoda's? Upload that shit anyway, fam. I want to hear it.

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO RECORD ANYTHING UNTIL WE GET GAF DONT LIKE.

Haha, it's definitely coming before that new one I've obligated myself to, or my verse is anyway. I've got a free weekend so I've been writing a ton of shit: short-fiction, poetry, cleaning up my GAF Don't Like verse. I got a few shout-outs on there y'all are gonna dig, I do not doubt.

Esch

Banned
I just blessed our boy Yoda Recon with a Diablo III pass. He wanted me to say how much he was digging the new Lil B and now sees the Based Light. I told him I'd convey the message. He's also become a huge Mac Miller fan and said Blue Slide Park is his new artistic muse.

He recently confessed to me via letter that BoB and the lion's share of artists he enjoys are indeed overlaps with the 14 year old girl demographic. He sees the inherent lameness in such music; and has since invested himself in the tao of Wu. His room is covered with GZA and Ghost posters, he now receives double the head he had previously, thank you based god.

T Dollarz

Hey Gaf-Hop, I need some help. So every night this summer I've been going to my bro's apartment where we basically watch the NBA playoffs, play beer pong and blaze. I've got two separate requests: I need a playlist to put on when we are sitting around the table sparking pipes and bongs. Just some shit to chill to, vibe with, maybe sing along to. Next a playlist for during pong, more of a party-type jam. Help a brotha out!

Hey Gaf-Hop, I need some help. So every night this summer I've been going to my bro's apartment where we basically watch the NBA playoffs, play beer pong and blaze. I've got two separate requests: I need a playlist to put on when we are sitting around the table sparking pipes and bongs. Just some shit to chill to, vibe with, maybe sing along to. Next a playlist for during pong, more of a party-type jam. Help a brotha out!

Anything by Curren$y. And you can't go wrong with Blackace's Poppy Mix.

Finally Famous

SoilBreak

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gYOd_MAfk

iavi

Yeah, something I made a few hours ago when I was bored. First beat I've made in awhile, pretty simple.

http://www.sharebeast.com/df3i17lsf40p

I swear, the summertime is getting to you fools in the best way possible. This is also lounge as fuck, and I am fucking loving it.

Longer crits:

Yoda, I know your ass is reading this from the other side; yours could have been mixed a bit better, as I think the drums stand out a bit too much, and sound a bit flat because of it. I can't think of anything else.

Tguy, yours has the opposite issue of being a bit mashed together, or muddy on the low end, but do think it comes with the territory and have no clue how it could be done better. Though for another thing; it looped for long while without even little variation - which could be fine as soon as someone goes in on it, but I've always been an accompaniment driven dude so the little things like that rub wrong. Real clean otherwise. That synth kills.

tl;dr: Gaf-Hop has some talented motherfuckers. The fact that our lazy asses can't get a tape together is a damn sin.

I will hug this lady before the end of the year.

Not before I do, son. I put twenty on it.

Tguy, yours has the opposite issue of being a bit mashed together, or muddy on the low end, but do think it comes with the territory and have no clue how it could be done better. Though for another thing; it looped for long while without little variation - which could be fine as soon as someone goes in on it, but I've always been an accompaniment driven dude so the little things like that rub wrong. Real clean otherwise. That synth kills.

tl;dr: Gaf-Hop has some talented motherfuckers. The fact that our lazy asses can't get a tape together is a damn sin.
I thought the exact same thing was thinking of ways to change it up a bit after I made it because I noticed it looped for so long. Honestly, I have no clue how I'd fix the mashed together thing either haha, I'll try messing with volume or something I suppose. preciate the criticism!

I'd really be down haha I've said if we would get on steam or something and actually talk about songs I'd truly be down.

Oh yeah, I downloaded that and forgot to tell you what I thought about it. I liked how it sounded during the verse, but the chorus part didn't seem to fit as well as the verse. Also, the beat seems to be a bit noisy? can't think of the exact word at the moment.

PBY

Banned
Oh yeah, I downloaded that and forgot to tell you what I thought about it. I liked how it sounded during the verse, but the chorus part didn't seem to fit as well as the chorus. Also, the beat seems to be a bit noisy? can't think of the exact word at the moment.

Thanks- I love getting feedback like this cuz when I make a beat/song I listen to it like 5000 times and then lose any sense of objectivity. as to the "noisyness" i can def see that- lol i have a tendency to overproduce, and just go crazy adding filters/etc- and further, I SUCK at mixing/mastering.

Thanks- I love getting feedback like this cuz when I make a beat/song I listen to it like 5000 times and then lose any sense of objectivity. as to the "noisyness" i can def see that- lol i have a tendency to overproduce, and just go crazy adding filters/etc- and further, I SUCK at mixing/mastering.

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. I'd sit here and listen to some of these beats I made and I can't help but to think they are good till I get second opinions haha, because you are sitting there literally listening to this beat repeat for hours or minutes messing with it till YOU are fine with it, so it makes it hard to see what's wrong.
OMG this is chill as fuck. But it kind of has a sinister undertone to it too, I don't know if that was intended but I like it a lot

It was intended lol. Was actually thinking of sending it to Kam because of that. Not trying to say Kam is evil or anything, he just got that voice haha.

PBY

Banned
Also, outside of that new statik, also listenting to these two albums-both are pretty good, gonna post further impressions after i let em sink in more:
Sick-Jacken-And-Cynic-Terror-Tapes-2-2012.jpg

275131.jpg

kamspy

Shouts to the homie ChildRebelSoldier.

My new card might be faster, but the one I just boxed up to ship to him is the goddam classiest looking and feeling piece of PC kit I've ever handled. The only plastic on the whole card are the fan blades. The rest is all metal.

EVGA GTX 580 SuperClock w/ EVGA Dual Shot GPU cooler. 1.5GB of really fast GDDR-5 and that core clock has no problem running at 875Mhz with no voltage boost. Shipping out Tuesday bro.

(you'll wanna have some air duster ready CRS)

Also, I'm pretty sure Control System is the best TDE release yet. I'm still finding little nooks and crannies of goodness. I had zero faith in it too. Very pleasantly surprised. Shit was so good I downloaded and installed iTunes just to try to help dude bump his chart position by a single unit. No one's ever been able to make me install iTunes, it was even available on Amazon. I just figure buying off iTunes helps since causal listeners might check out the top selling albums in genres they don't listen to mainly. So yeah, I did the iTunes thing for Killer Mike too. I don't use the client and don't see how you people can. It's atrocious. Stock foobar bitches. Browse by folder structure 4 lyfe.

iavi

Tguy, that was good. Maybe try sidechaining, or panning on the tracks.

Reposting my beat that I posted a few days back, while were critiquing- I threw a drake acapella over it.

http://www.sharebeast.com/05i33xe29kfv

This is pretty hot, though; I can definitely agree with Tguy in saying that it's a bit busy at times--the sample being a bit too prominent, my issue. I saw that you mentioned issues with mixing/mastering, so you don't even need me to say that much. Good shit, man.

RPS37

I swear, the summertime is getting to you fools in the best way possible. This is also lounge as fuck, and I am fucking loving it.

Longer crits:

Yoda, I know your ass is reading this from the other side; yours could have been mixed a bit better, as I think the drums stand out a bit too much, and sound a bit flat because of it. I can't think of anything else.

Tguy, yours has the opposite issue of being a bit mashed together, or muddy on the low end, but do think it comes with the territory and have no clue how it could be done better. Though for another thing; it looped for long while without even little variation - which could be fine as soon as someone goes in on it, but I've always been an accompaniment driven dude so the little things like that rub wrong. Real clean otherwise. That synth kills.

Not before I do, son. I put twenty on it.

So is everyone producing now? Lol
Miri, I'm tempted to take you up on the bet!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
got a little something incoming for GAF-Hop in about an hour.. something to wind down the weekend with..

iavi

So is everyone producing now? Lol
Miri, I'm tempted to take you up on the bet!

Don't. You're not ready for this shit. (I'm not ready for this shit, lol. Is she touring? I'm not going to travel but 20 mins to get a hug and some digits.)

And nah, Gafhop has been a den of producers for a good minute.

got a little something incoming for GAF-Hop in about an hour.. something to wind down the weekend with..

Looking forward to this one.

CRS

Shouts to the homie ChildRebelSoldier.

My new card might be faster, but the one I just boxed up to ship to him is the goddam classiest looking and feeling piece of PC kit I've ever handled. The only plastic on the whole card are the fan blades. The rest is all metal.

EVGA GTX 580 SuperClock w/ EVGA Dual Shot GPU cooler. 1.5GB of really fast GDDR-5 and that core clock has no problem running at 875Mhz with no voltage boost. Shipping out Tuesday bro.

(you'll wanna have some air duster ready CRS)

Hell yeah. Thanks. I'll stop by a hardware store and get some, haha. That'll be enough time for me to buy my other parts and finally build myself a rig. Got nearly a third of the total cost for the rig today at work.

Also, you guys. I'm going to Rock the Bells. :( I had to go knowing that my all-time favorite album was getting performed.

Hi Kanye.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
T-guy, Peter, Recon, great beats all around. Peter made me sit through drake so thats saying something. And Recon and tguy both had chill as fuck beats that made me want to go get drunk on the back lawn.

Since everybody else is, heres two beats I made recently.

A chiller one
Siddx - Anana

And a more aggressive one
Siddx - Ricko

Wish soundcloud didn't drop the volume on tracks so much. And yeah there are some leveling issues I still need to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom