• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Two great albums and one shit album. His batting average is probably better than some of the artists you cry at night to.

Edit: That track has a nice pete rock sample, give it a chance.
By insulting me you're really making me want to listen to Lupe more, chill out new jack.

Man Roc Marciano's been a really busy motherfucker this year, son has been putting out verse after verse. Maybe Blu should learn not to be such a lazy douche and put in work. Dunno who the fuck Wais P. is but Statik and Roc is nice

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/05/10/wais-p-put-jewels-on-it-f-roc-marciano-prod-statik-selektah/
'

http://youtu.be/2lgD3XJ_-vA

By insulting me you're really making me want to listen to Lupe more, chill out new jack.

Man Roc Marciano's been a really busy motherfucker this year, son has been putting out verse after verse. Maybe Blu should learn not to be such a lazy douche and put in work. Dunno who the fuck Wais P. is but Statik and Roc is nice

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/05/10/wais-p-put-jewels-on-it-f-roc-marciano-prod-statik-selektah/
'

http://youtu.be/2lgD3XJ_-vA

Chill out OG. I was joking.

Esch

Banned
Agreed- back on the train (not the hype train, just the train- think shitty old Amtrak)- but I guarantee all the lyrics on this are gonna annoy me to no end. Hes still on his "FUCK AMERICA" shit, which is whatever, but he articulates it like a first year polisci student who thinks hes a lot smarter than he actually is.

Beat was nice though.

Youre in law school right breh? i always wondered how you feel about that undergrad commentary of his haha

that being said no rapper has ever offered me anything other than sentimental shit in that regard, but maybe thats the point

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Agreed- back on the train (not the hype train, just the train- think shitty old Amtrak)- but I guarantee all the lyrics on this are gonna annoy me to no end. Hes still on his "FUCK AMERICA" shit, which is whatever, but he articulates it like a first year polisci student who thinks hes a lot smarter than he actually is.

Beat was nice though.
god fuck America.

Esch

Banned
what i dont get about the fuck america people (and like its totally fine to say fuck america for a number of reasons) is: why the fuck are you still here

PBY

Banned
Youre in law school right breh? i always wondered how you feel about that undergrad commentary of his haha

that being said no rapper has ever offered me anything other than sentimental shit in that regard, but maybe thats the point

I think Lupe has good thoughts and intentions- but I have two issues with his new stuff: First, his worldview is so completely black and white and tinged with a sort of paranoid cynicism that its just too much- you're either a hero or a terrorist in Lupe's world. Further, even if this sort of tin-foil paranoia could somehow be justified, he does it at such a basic level. I remember taking intro to polisci, at a so called "good" university- and people there were so full of themselves, and nearly always, they thought they were smarter than they actually were. Lupe strikes me like that. And it might be a limit of the medium, BUT I have a hard time thinking that theres no better way of articulating some degree of distrust in the government and its foreign policy than:
"I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bullshit
Just a poor excuse for you to use up all your bullets
How much money does it take to really make a full clip
9/11 building 7 did they really pull it"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
what i dont get about the fuck america people (and like its totally fine to say fuck america for a number of reasons) is: why the fuck are you still here

The people that are actually serious about it are grown ass adults that can (and some do) actually leave, but the kids that go about yelling that shit are just too lazy and unmotivated to do it.

Basically yelling for no reason other than to yell.

I like how you belittle lupe for his elementary criticisms but you follow up with that post. Being born in America doesnt mean you have to love it, but it isnt exactly easy to leave everything behind either. Speaking out also doesnt mean you hate the country, but what the country has become. Lupe is a twat when talking political shit, but your "you dont like, leave" mentality is equally as bad.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think Lupe has good thoughts and intentions- but I have two issues with his new stuff: First, his worldview is so completely black and white and tinged with a sort of paranoid cynicism that its just too much- you're either a hero or a terrorist in Lupe's world. Further, even if this sort of tin-foil paranoia could somehow be justified, he does it at such a basic level. I remember taking intro to polisci, at a so called "good" university- and people there were so full of themselves, and nearly always, they thought they were smarter than they actually were. Lupe strikes me like that. And it might be a limit of the medium, BUT I have a hard time thinking that theres no better way of articulating some degree of distrust in the government and its foreign policy than:

I think it used to be he was fairly smart. But somewhere along the line he began to think he was REALLY smarter than everybody around him. There is a fine line between rapping about the world as you see it, and preaching like you're an adult in a classroom full of children. Listen to the difference between Handcuffs and the line you quoted.

Either that or he just discovered weed and is smoking himself into fugues before recording.

Esch

Banned
I like how you belittle lupe for his elementary criticisms but you follow up with that post. Being born in America doesnt mean you have to love it, but it isnt exactly easy to leave everything behind either. Speaking out also doesnt mean you hate the country, but what the country has become. Lupe is a twat when talking political shit, but your "you dont like, leave" mentality is equally as bad.

You're confusing the "fuck america" mentality with having criticism of America. I criticize America all the time. There's so much fucked up with this country from the ground up. It's the naive complaining without cooperating that I dislike strongly. A guy like Lupe, with tons of resources and opportunities should have moved already. Or invested himself in activism.

Same lol. I just received my BA in Political Science 2 weeks ago, so i feel you all the way.

I think it used to be he was fairly smart. But somewhere along the line he began to think he was REALLY smarter than everybody around him. There is a fine line between rapping about the world as you see it, and preaching like you're an adult in a classroom full of children. Listen to the difference between Handcuffs and the line you quoted.

Either that or he just discovered weed and is smoking himself into fugues before recording.

This, somewhere along the way, lupe discovered rage against the machine and became an annoying bitch when speaking political nonsense.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
The people that are actually serious about it are grown ass adults that can (and some do) actually leave, but the kids that go about yelling that shit are just too lazy and unmotivated to do it.

Basically yelling for no reason other than to yell.
not really. they're fighting for change. just because there a few things you don't like about your country doesn't mean you just say "..okay" and leave. i think lupe is just trying to ride this fuck America train in hopes to sell more tapes.

You're confusing the "fuck america" mentality with having criticism of America. I criticize America all the time. There's so much fucked up with this country from the ground up. It's the naive complaining without cooperating that I dislike strongly. A guy like Lupe, with tons of resources and opportunities should have moved already. Or invested himself in activism.

I don't ever remember lupe saying he hates America , but I also didn't listen to lasers much.

Esch

Banned
i always wonder what his label thinks when they get a new sample of some anti america shit to preview for the album. i bet they laugh their asses off

PBY

Banned
I took it as we are extremely wasteful, not that America is full of shit. Oh well, at least that beat is nice lol.

I'm hopeful- he rode the hook better than I've heard him flow in a while. I think the song will be good, just hope he keeps the cringe-worthiness minimal.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i always wonder what his label thinks when they get a new sample of some anti america shit to preview for the album. i bet they laugh their asses off

if it's a "Star" artist or someone they bank heavily on, they throw money at em and tell em to go record some other shit. If not, yeah, laugh em out till they're hoarse.

wait....people actually hated Lasers? I thought it was okay. On par with F&L.

Edit: Beats on Lasers>F&L

ibeHvztyM0osUP.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You guys can't tell when somebody is fucking with you by now?

Protip: If it comes out of Chris Tuckers face, you're being fucked with.

O_____________________________________________O

Wait, are you serious...

You guys can't tell when somebody is fucking with you by now?

Protip: If it comes out of Chris Tuckers face, you're being fucked with.

I'm sorry bro, but F&L just isn't that great, it tookt Lasers to drop to realize it. I was never a fan of the album, I thought it was good that's all, it ain't no classic or anything. Then Lasers dropped and I was like damn this is terrible let me go back to F&L to make sure it wasn't this album. I was surprised, Lupe has been terrible this entire time. Beats aged poorly on that album.

spiderman356k.gif

It's almost like this gif, but with Lasers instead.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I'm bro, but F&L just isn't that great, it wasn't till Lasers dropped to realize it. I was never a fan of the album, I thought it was good that's all, it ain't no classic or anything. Then Lasers dropped and I was like damn this is terrible let me go back to F&L to make sure it wasn't this album. I was surprised, Lupe has been terrible this entire time. Beats aged poorly on that album.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd328/mappster83/spiderman356k.gif
It's almost like this gif, but with Lasers instead.

Esch

Banned
well tguy, i feel ya in the sense that i always thought son's output was just OK level.... Buut man lasers was shitty. it was a shitty piece of music. I deleted that shit, and i keep all sorts of throwaway projects on my computer. Hell I still have a chuck inglish mixtape on here somewhere.

No...omg no. Instrumental, Real, Daydreamin, Hurt Me Soul, Cool, American Terrorist, Kick Push II, all better than anything on Lasers. Though I did like the use of Float On on The Show Goes On.

When yall so called "lupe fans" get an rare unopened copy of Lasers with the Bestbuy price tag on it like it came out today, get at me. Preciate it Esch.

This is a time where I miss Yoda, I'm sure he'd have my back on this.

Also for you Kanye & Jay fans this video gives a bit of a sneak peek at the Church in the Wild video. Looks nice from what I can tell.

Edit: In all seriousness though Lupe fans, not sure what the majority opinion is on this, but I truly believe Lupe's Flow on Lasers>F&L, not talking about lyrics, but how lyrics are delivered. I really can hear improvement on that especially on his new single.

cdyhybrid

After reading your subsequent posts I can kinda sorta see where you're coming from...but there are like 6-8 songs on F&L that are better than anything on Lasers. I do think The Cool is his best album but F&L is still stratospheres above Lasers in my book.

I miss the Lupe that would use his lyricism to paint vivid pictures and take you off to some alternate reality. Now it's just tinfoil hats, and not even with clever lyrics.

Edit: I checked out the preview of the new song. Like the beat but I'll probably pass because of the subject of the song.

After reading your subsequent posts I can kinda sorta see where you're coming from...but there are like 6-8 songs on F&L that are better than anything on Lasers. I do think The Cool is his best album but F&L is still stratospheres above Lasers in my book.

I miss the Lupe that would use his lyricism to paint vivid pictures and take you off to some alternate reality. Now it's just tinfoil hats, and not even with clever lyrics.

Edit: I checked out the preview of the new song. Like the beat but I'll probably pass because of the subject of the song.

I miss that too. Cool and Daydreamin were great because of exactly what you said.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
10 bonus tracks from Juicy J's Blue Dream & Lean months after the tape has come out? Sure, why the hell not!

Juicy J - Blue Dream & Lean Bonus Cuts

20 Zig Zags (Produced By Space Ghost Purp)
Bandz A Make Her Dance (Produced by Mike Will)
Codine Cups (Produced By Juicy J and Crazy Mike)
Deep In Da Hood (Produced By Jahlill)
Hell Of A Drug (Produced By Jahlil)
I Wont Miss Ya (Produced By Juicy J)
Im Ballin (Produced By Lex Luger)
Its In Me To Hustle (Produced By Jahlil)
Money Mane Remix (Produced By Sonny Digital)
These Hands (Produced By Sonny Digital)

Saw his tweet about this.. need to get home to peep em..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
When yall so called "lupe fans" get an rare unopened copy of Lasers with the Bestbuy price tag on it like it came out today, get at me. Preciate it Esch.

This is a time where I miss Yoda, I'm sure he'd have my back on this.

Also for you Kanye & Jay fans this video gives a bit of a sneak peek at the Church in the Wild video. Looks nice from what I can tell.

Edit: In all seriousness though Lupe fans, not sure what the majority opinion is on this, but I truly believe Lupe's Flow on Lasers>F&L, not talking about lyrics, but how lyrics are delivered. I really can hear improvement on that especially on his new single.

I always read the album cover as Losers..

Never liked Lupe in any shape or form.. just one of those guys I didn't get

I don't really dislike F&L. It just mostly does nothing for me. I enjoy The Cool more, but my top favorite tracks from Lupe are Daydreamin and Paris, Tokyo
I always read the album cover as Losers..

Never liked Lupe in any shape or form.. just one of those guys I didn't get
He did the cover like that to say he isn't a loser, he is a laser....100% serious

I appreciate the T.R.O.Y. sample. I'm ... kind of interested in this new Lupe?!?!?!?!?!

I don't know how to feel...?!?!? I guess I'd rather hear him be an idiot on some good beats.

Lupe: Hey guys here's my new single. Enough bang for the club, enough knowledge for the niggas
Atlantic A&R: Not bad Mr. Fiasco! The hook isn't bad, we might have Skylar sing it though
Lupe: I ain't even mad. Janitor, what do you think
Atlantic Janitor: It's not bad. Oh boy, the blogs are gonna explode when they hear rapping over TROY
Lupe: What's "TROY?"
Atlantic Janitor: ....what?
Lupe: I didn't see that film, too mainstream for me
Atlantic Janitor: No, the song TROY - They Reminisce Over You, by Pete Rock & CL Smooth
Lupe: Never heard of them, Janitor. Come on, you know I didn't listen to that type of music on the hard streets of Chicago.

Lupe: Hey guys here's my new single. Enough bang for the club, enough knowledge for the niggas
Atlantic A&R: Not bad Mr. Fiasco! The hook isn't bad, we might have Skylar sing it though
Atlantic Janitor: It's not bad. Oh boy, the blogs are gonna explode when they hear rapping over TROY
Atlantic Janitor: No, the song TROY - They Reminisce Over You, by Pete Rock & CL Smooth
Lupe: Never heard of them, Janitor. Come on, you know I didn't listen to that type of music on the hard streets of Chicago.

A swing and a miss...

zocl1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom