• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodecraft

either way very few rapper/producers ever touched these kinds of highs:

Fusion of the five elements, to search for the higher intelligence
Women walk around celibate, livin irrelevant
The most benelovent king, communicatin through your dreams
Mental pictures been painted, Allah's heard and seen
everywhere, throughout your surroundin atmosphere
Troposphere, thermosphere, stratosphere
Can you imagine from one single idea, everything appeared here
Understanding makes my truth, crystal clear
Innocent black immigrants locked in housing tenemants
Eighty-Five percent tenants depend on welfare recipients
Stapleton's been stamped as a concentration camp
At night I walk through, third eye is bright as a street lamp
Electric microbes, robotic probes
Taking telescope pictures of globe, babies getting pierced with microchips
stuffed inside their earlobes, then examinated
Blood contaminated, vaccinated, lives fabricated
Exaggerated authorization, Food and Drug Administration
Testin poison in prison population
My occupation to stop the innauguration of Satan
Some claim that it was Reagan, so I come to slay men
like Bartholemew, cause every particle is physical article
was diabolical to the last visible molecule
A space night like Rom, consume planets like Unicron
Blasting photon bombs from the arm like Galvatron

bobby has more dope verses than your favorite dude on the boards, sorry brehs

Meh, sometimes its about how you deliver a rhyme and what you say, that verse you posted is saying nothing, I need substance I need conversation in my raps. So same to you....sorry breh

RJT

Who are we kidding? We all know who the best writer/producer was.

puff_dady_no_way_out_cd.jpg

check writer, of course...

Lol, come on son, you are just about as bad as they are by acting like Krit isn't a good rapper. I wouldn't say he's the best rapper out or best rapper/producer but dude is definitely good.

You are fighting exaggerations with more exaggerations I'm assuming.

Of course I'm exaggerating but I don't really listen to K.R.I.T. to hear him rapping. On the other hand I could listen to Dilla rap all day.

EschantonDX bringing the truth. RZA spit some of the hottest verses on Wu-Tang Forever.

PBY

Banned
Young Guru is one of my fav people in the industry, here he is talking about JayZ's upcoming album and WTT2
On Jay-Z's upcoming solo album:

"Jay-Z is always working on stuff, it’s a concept that I can’t talk about but I’m marveled at how smart this guy is. When he told me the concept, I was like ‘Why didn’t I think of that?’ It was just so simple. It’s not a concept album though. It’s not like American Gangster, it’s not a Beatles concept album. It has a concept and a title, and the title and the concept fit him so well that people are going to be like ‘Wow.’"

"I like certain writers because it takes me 8,000 paragraphs to get my full point across. When somebody can take what I just said and condense it into two sentences and still have the same effectiveness, that’s a good writer. The simplicity of the title and the concept that it conveys is incredible."

"I can’t tell you the title, it’s so good it’s like, ‘Oh my god why didn’t I think of that? What made you think of that and why haven’t we done that before?’ It’s just staring us in the face all these years, we could’ve been put that out as an album concept."

On the possibility of Watch The Throne 2:

"It's definitely a serious consideration. Hasn’t been underway yet but definitely serious consideration. Has been talked about but hasn’t been executed yet. Definitely could happen. A lot of artists just say shit too but if you think about it, this is just my opinion, the way I would like it to go-I would like Kanye to do the G.O.O.D. Music album and Jay-Z to do a solo album then they go out and tour and do all that shit and then next year, or the end of the year, we get Watch the Throne 2. To me, that would be the best thing to happen. I think the G.O.O.D. Music album is necessary for Kanye to establish that brand because they need to establish [themselves]."

Esch

Banned
Meh, sometimes its about how you deliver a rhyme and what you say, that verse you posted is saying nothing, I need substance I need conversation in my raps. So same to you....sorry breh

Saying nothing? No substance? You just dont get it son. There's plenty in there about Islam, the justice system in america, the five elements and spirituality? Dont be talkin substance.

Also they should come up with a different name. the II or sequel idea works well with some album names, i think they can both one up "Watch the Throne 2"

hahaha, how the hell did you read those lyrics and you type it has no substance? what the fucking fuck

Edit: My homie thinks Puffy is a genius. Not even lying. He just truly thinks dude is a genius haha.

Young Guru is one of my fav people in the industry, here he is talking about JayZ's upcoming album and WTT2
On Jay-Z's upcoming solo album:

"Jay-Z is always working on stuff, it’s a concept that I can’t talk about but I’m marveled at how smart this guy is. When he told me the concept, I was like ‘Why didn’t I think of that?’ It was just so simple. It’s not a concept album though. It’s not like American Gangster, it’s not a Beatles concept album. It has a concept and a title, and the title and the concept fit him so well that people are going to be like ‘Wow.’"

"I like certain writers because it takes me 8,000 paragraphs to get my full point across. When somebody can take what I just said and condense it into two sentences and still have the same effectiveness, that’s a good writer. The simplicity of the title and the concept that it conveys is incredible."

"I can’t tell you the title, it’s so good it’s like, ‘Oh my god why didn’t I think of that? What made you think of that and why haven’t we done that before?’ It’s just staring us in the face all these years, we could’ve been put that out as an album concept."

On the possibility of Watch The Throne 2:

"It's definitely a serious consideration. Hasn’t been underway yet but definitely serious consideration. Has been talked about but hasn’t been executed yet. Definitely could happen. A lot of artists just say shit too but if you think about it, this is just my opinion, the way I would like it to go-I would like Kanye to do the G.O.O.D. Music album and Jay-Z to do a solo album then they go out and tour and do all that shit and then next year, or the end of the year, we get Watch the Throne 2. To me, that would be the best thing to happen. I think the G.O.O.D. Music album is necessary for Kanye to establish that brand because they need to establish [themselves]."

guess he wasn't asked about Jay Electronica's album

lawl

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Just dropping by to thank Ace for the mixes and you guys for the gym music recommendations recently. The ign'rant and Em mixes and the K.R.I.T. compilation have gotten quite some playtime.

All this K.R.I.T. talk reminded me that I still need to make a trunk playlist, aside from Gibbs I have no idea what's out there, though. Feel free to recommend, even old and known stuff, I'm almost blank slate in this regard.
I'm all about that lyrical miracle bicycle

Do you want trunk music thats mainly in the vein of what K.R.I.T. does, or do you want more ignorant type of bangers? Maybe you can use some of these in the playlist if you like them...

Cousin Fik - Pow
Beeda Weeda - Paper
Don Trip & Starlito - Life
Famlay ft. Project Pat & Juicy J - Money Makin' Trick
Kristmas - Simple Economics

Lil Wodie ft. $upamane - City Lights
G-Side - Jones
Young L ft. Freeway - Flourescent Lighting
Young Twizzy & Saint Nick - 3AM
King Louie - Get Money (Man Up Band Up Remix)

same right? I don't get that shit.

I also loved RZA's verses on Diary of a Madman, Triumph, and manyothers.

I think my favourite RZA verse is on Tearz. dat verse.

I'd rather avoid the ign'rant, gonna check those in a minute. Thanks man.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Krit is vastly more talented than Kanye as both a rapper and producer. Without No.i.d to ghost produce for him, Kanye isn't even in the top 100 of producers out right now.

Krit isn't the best rapper in the game, and he isn't the best producer in the game, but nobody else comes close as a combo. Quik is a better producer but a weaker rapper.
David Banner isn't as good in either regard, although I am a Banner fan and he can do a banger better than Krit can. Kno might be a better producer but he's a below average rapper. Thats about it really for rapper/producers.

$7.99 is about $7.99 too much for section 80. It would be a good mixtape.

IrishNinja

this K.R.I.T. mixtape...damn. after getting stuck with the radio looping YMCMB for hours, this shit's refreshing.

ps escha is that 36 chambers in your avatar? nice.
also: let the record show, Domestic Violence is RZA's best verse of all time. You wish you could fuck/bitch, all you can do is dick suck

Krit is vastly more talented than Kanye as both a rapper and producer. Without No.i.d to ghost produce for him, Kanye isn't even in the top 100 of producers out right now.

Krit isn't the best rapper in the game, and he isn't the best producer in the game, but nobody else comes close as a combo. Quik is a better producer but a weaker rapper.
David Banner isn't as good in either regard, although I am a Banner fan and he can do a banger better than Krit can. Kno might be a better producer but he's a below average rapper. Thats about it really for rapper/producers.

How do you say broke in Spanish? Me no hablo...

kodecraft

hahaha, how the hell did you read those lyrics and you type it has no substance? what the fucking fuck

Edit: My homie thinks Puffy is a genius. Not even lying. He just truly thinks dude is a genius haha.

I like it straight with no chaser not that figuring it out shiz.

kodecraft

I agree with this, back in the Roc-a-fella days it was Icedrake outta Chicago co producing with Kanye.

So you had Icedrake, No I.D. and Kanye thats why we love College Dropout so much. Icedrakes sample flip techniques had Kanye imitating that sound, No I.D. taught him how to put it into song format.

Icedrake fell out with Kanye though after accusing Kanye of taking the trakcs he helped him produce up to New York and moonlighting as if Kanye produced it all himself, this is the same one sided story Kanye tells in the last track of College Dropout.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
those 3 are better than krit right now? i dont listen to quik or banner much so i don't know what they've done recently but yeezy aint on krits level. i'd probably take ~2000-2005 kanye over krit, but not 2012 kanye.
Basically KRIT's production style is just like Banner's... But Banner has more range as a producer and rapper... Yao Ming is a prime example of that..

Ye when he is SWAGCASTLEJUICERIDING he has it.. Power was a good example of that.

Quik has been doing mellow/jazz west coast forever... and the dude is underrated. He just makes dope music, there isn't a bad Quik album

I respectfully disagree... I love KRIT, but think he isn't as good of a Rapper as Quik nor is he as good of a producer... But one thing he does like Quik is he knows how to make himself sound good on his beats. Banner imo is more complete of a producer because KRIT's mellow "Southern Drawl" beats are basically David Banner beats.. but Banner does bangers which KRIT can't do yet..

At this age KRIT is better than all of them were, so as long as he keeps growing dude is going to be a star for sure!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Basically KRIT's production style is just like Banner's... But Banner has more range as a producer and rapper... Yao Ming is a prime example of that..

Ye when he is SWAGCASTLEJUICERIDING he has it.. Power was a good example of that.

Quik has been doing mellow/jazz west coast forever... and the dude is underrated. He just makes dope music, there isn't a bad Quik album

I respectfully disagree... I love KRIT, but think he isn't as good of a Rapper as Quik nor is he as good of a producer... But one thing he does like Quik is he knows how to make himself sound good on his beats. Banner imo is more complete of a producer because KRIT's mellow "Southern Drawl" beats are basically David Banner beats.. but Banner does bangers which KRIT can't do yet..

At this age KRIT is better than all of them were, so as long as he keeps growing dude is going to be a star for sure!

If we are talking entire career, banner of course takes the win, but thats not really fair, that would be comparing 13 years of production to 2 (well not counting the prebuzz stuff). In that case banner murders him. But comparing the last 2 years, krit has been far more consistent.
MTA3 might change that though.

I'd say that David Banner is a better rapper technical wise? and larger subject matter.

What I honestly like about KRIT is his ability to deliver some simple lines that are straight to the point but doesn't actually harm him like it does for some rappers. Hard to explain it, but just he knows how to make songs with deeper meanings without relying much on similes and metaphors.

At least that's how I feel.

iavi

All of you are killing me with the gif reactions to 4eva N a Day. It feels like it's been a minute since Gafhop has had such a well received tape.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Can't even believe some of these Twitter folk that I normally find very reputable saying this shit is putting them to sleep / Hug Motivation 101 (okay that was a good joke, I'll admit). Not everything is gonna be trap muzik man, come on. Especially if these people didn't rag on The Roots record for the same shit. This is a very distinct genre of rap I can totally appreciate just the same as the constant bangers (as my Gunplay avy will tell you).

Can't even believe some of these Twitter folk that I normally find very reputable saying this shit is putting them to sleep / Hug Motivation 101 (okay that was a good joke, I'll admit). Not everything is gonna be trap muzik man, come on. Especially if these people didn't rag on The Roots record for the same shit. This is a very distinct genre of rap I can totally appreciate just the same as the constant bangers (as my Gunplay avy will tell you).

Oh speaking of Gunplay! Serious question, what from him should I check out? That kendrick feature made me interested in his albums or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom