• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the Mercy video...I never knew a choice of aspect ratio could make me laugh so much.

Yeezy's on some Lawrence of Arabia IMAX Cinemascope shit apparently

looking like a black ass Prince of Persia

kamspy

Look at this bullshit Dez, he straight up dodges Ohio twice.

UwRTC.jpg

Challenge to GAF producers: Make the Metal Gear Solid version of No Squares. ie: sample MGS in an ignant manor.

Mr.Fresh

The A Tribe Called Quest documentary is on starz right now for those who want to see it. I don't know why but I love watchin documentary on hip hop back in the day.

Alright GAF-Hop, since I've been awol and all what is some of must-hear shit that I've missed?
For reference pretty much the last thing I've checked is Ab-Soul's latest joint. Already gunna check out KRIT, Curren$y, and Oddissee's joints.

HiResDes

Killer Mike - R.A.P Music
El-P Cancer For Cure
Reks - Straight, No Chaser
Lushlife - Plateau Vision
Trackwide - A Day and Night
Large Professor - Professor @ Large
Chris Faust - VILLAIN (Issue One & Two)
Stu Cat - Beware of the Cat
David Banner - Sex, Drugs, & Videogames (Just pick out your fav tracks, some definite bangers and a little throwaway as well)
T R E E - Sunday School (Can't remember if you fuck with southern-styled records)

...You caught my quarter one overview right?

Edit: I'd also like to present my ignorant song of the year, Nacho Picasso is the real ignorant savant, dude is a genius.
Edit2:Kam that's some real live bullshit...Yo should I cop those, KRIT tickets finally got some money.

Tokubetsu

I do not know much about writing rap lyrics, but I’m guessing that most rappers do not meet with physicists and cosmologists from MIT and Cornell before sitting down to write. But that’s exactly what Wu-Tang Clan founding member GZA did during the creation of his new album, Dark Matter — a project the rapper hopes will turn his audience on to science.

GZA and Neil deGrasse Tyson team up on a hip-hop record about science

Esch

Banned
Cool idea, I wonder if dude can even craft an album anymore though.

Liquid Swords 2, Fall 2015

what are you talking about man?

Grandmasters was a classic, and Pro Tools was at least a good album even if it was directionless

Tokubetsu

Stoned Immaculate is great. We have so many great albums from the dude. Every single time he drops something thats kinda eh, and you think his work ethic is working against him he comes back and surprises you.

Legal Crack

The chorus on this man, whooo

Modern GZA meh...dude sounds so bored. There's monotone rap, then there's old man GZA

The only noteworthy thing about Pro Tools was that it introduced me to Ka

Esch

Banned
Nah son it had Paper Plate, Alphabets, 7 Pounds, 0% Finance, Cinema... There was some useless bullshit on that album like almost everything Wu post 2000 but some good stuff too.

Detox

Yeah I've been listening to the Large Professor album and you can definitely hear his old school heritage that he has brought into the modern era. The thing is he isn't a interesting rapper this album begs for someone like Rakim to jump on it even though he hasn't really been relevant in a while this is the kind of production he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom