• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Major debut by a beloved underground artist is not getting much love on Hip Hop GAF? I'm shocked, SHOCKED.

Haven't heard it yet (like I said, not gonna pay 22€ for a freaking album) but I really hope you guys are 'wrong' (meaning I'll like it)

AGM5x.gif

f0rk

Trespassing in a thread I'm not normally in...
I accidentally bought the Japandroids album I already have in a amazon 2 for £10 deal, so need another album to go with the new one. I like a bit of rap (mostly Kanye, some Drake, liking the ASAP Rocky mixtape), should I get Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions or Danny Brown - XXX for a second pass at this deal?

hubes

i think most of ya'll just had your expectations too high and because of that you can't enjoy a damn good album by krit. i might even upgrade it to great by the end of the summer.. we'll see how it sounds a few months from now.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
what? The album is good. Not my AoTY but I couldn't act like someone shat in livingroom if they claimed it as such....
i know i was just j/k. it wasn't bad. its just weird when people throw AoTY around like it was tissue paper. its like i am reading the MTV music awards. a sarcastic tone is hard to convey in text. guess ill use a picture next time.
hows this?
sNf6L.jpg

anywho how was the new currensy, didn't get a chance to play it yet.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i know i was just j/k. it wasn't bad. its just weird when people throw AoTY around like it was tissue paper. its like i am reading the MTV music awards. a sarcastic tone is hard to convey in text. guess ill use a picture next time.

you are sarcastic and complaining about people using AoTY at the same time!

Trespassing in a thread I'm not normally in...
I accidentally bought the Japandroids album I already have in a amazon 2 for £10 deal, so need another album to go with the new one. I like a bit of rap (mostly Kanye, some Drake, liking the ASAP Rocky mixtape), should I get Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions or Danny Brown - XXX for a second pass at this deal?
Hmm, hard choice for me personally. I really like both albums a lot.
Schoolboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWlu8VhcqtM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh8LMSJSk0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bsJ7oGokg
Danny Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVFj7VUe950
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9vT2hV8_PQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSX4vkHENLk
what? The album is good. Not my AoTY but I couldn't act like someone shat in livingroom if they claimed it as such....

I was more surprised by the fact he said it must be a southern thing which made no sense to me considering there's a lot of people here who like southern rap. But yeah, it's not like someone came and said ugod dropped the best wu tang album or osmething lol

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
you are sarcastic and complaining about people using AoTY at the same time!
like hell i am.
Hmm, hard choice for me personally. I really like both albums a lot.

I was more surprised by the fact he said it must be a southern thing which made no sense to me considering there's a lot of people here who like southern rap. But yeah, it's not like someone came and said ugod dropped the best wu tang album or osmething lol
you missed the best song on HnC

Blackace

It looked like someone just reaching for a reason why a decent album was getting shitted on so much..

like hell i am.

just complaining?

It looked like someone just reaching for a reason why a decent album was getting shitted on so much..

I suppose it is being shitted on, but I haven't seen anybody here saying it's a bad album at all. More like just being disappointed but still admit it's a decent album.
It's not my favorite lol, but i just wanted him to get a taste, not spoil the whole album

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
more like why was a decent album on a pedestal, i don't really care its there, i just wanna know why.
just complaining?
its not like i spit out my drink in disgust and went "OH NO YOU DON'T" while bashing my keyboard with my hands, trying to imitate donkey kongs drunken rage, on an online gaming forum.

I know she sucks and all that but this song is screaming for a Nicki Minaj remix.
i really wanna hear your reasoning behind this. i am serious, why.

Blackace

I suppose it is being shitted on, but I haven't seen anybody here saying it's a bad album at all. More like just being disappointed but still admit it's a decent album.

Yela was an example of a disappointment.. his album wasn't decent it was bad.

Krit's album is very solid.. not classic, but really nice..

more like why was a decent album on a pedestal, i don't really care its there, i just wanna know why.

its not like i spit out my drink in disgust and went "OH NO YOU DON'T" while bashing my keyboard with my hands, trying to imitate donkey kongs drunken rage, on an online gaming forum.

Because as a complete album it is good, and depending on your taste it can be decent to great...
Too much good music has come out this year for KRIT to be AOTY.

Lesbihonest.jpg

Not really.. I digest so much music and have to listen to it differently than most.. but there are very very few complete albums that can hold my attention very long..

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
This KRIT record is something I'm gonna have to come back to a couple months from now. Too over saturated to really see any distinctness in most of it. Fairly bummed it's nothing exceptional straight up though. Dude should pull back a bit a reevaluate what he should be doing or what he really has to say.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We know what KRIT is capable of. Its a great album. Its not his best work. I might actually rank all of the mixtapes above the retail release.

KRIT's worst is better than a lot of other people's best.

Had he never released classic mixtapes I probably would have been trumpeting AOTY.

cdyhybrid

We know what KRIT is capable of. Its a great album. Its not his best work. I might actually rank all of the mixtapes above the retail release.

KRIT's worst is better than a lot of other people's best.

Had he never released classic mixtapes I probably would have been trumpeting AOTY.

Yeah, I can see being disappointed (although your expectations were probably too high if you were) but it's not like it's absolute garbage and he's done as an artist.

Esch

Banned
I think Bronson, Riff Raff, Rocky, and others are going to be on Mayhem's latest whenever it drops.

Cool, even if id prefer bronsellini to be in the driver's seat. I really hope this next one doesnt have 60 tracks.

Did you ever peep that Large Professor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom