• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

New KRIT is growing on me. I'll echo what's been said about R4 would have making a better debut album, but LFTU plays a lot better than it did for me. Don't know what the fuss about the hooks is. Is this people's first time hearing a southern hip hop record?

That said, right now my top albums for 2012 are something like

Danny Brown - XXX
Ab Soul - Control System
Killer Mike - RAP Music
Schoolboy Q - HnC
El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
Big KRIT - LFTU
Curren$y - Stoned Immaculate

Cool, even if id prefer bronsellini to be in the driver's seat. I really hope this next one doesnt have 60 tracks.

Agreed. Give me two tracks and a really deep interlude.

T Dollarz

New KRIT is growing on me. I'll echo what's been said about R4 would have making a better debut album, but LFTU plays a lot better than it did for me. Don't know what the fuss about the hooks is. Is this people's first time hearing a southern hip hop record?

That said, right now my top albums for 2012 are something like

Danny Brown - XXX
Ab Soul - Control System
Killer Mike - RAP Music
Schoolboy Q - HnC
El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
Big KRIT - LFTU
Curren$y - Stoned Immaculate

XXX came out last year.

WELP here's the video for Mercy
6945656e.png

Competing with A$AP for most fashionable rappers of the year...lol. Can't lie though, Kanye's part of the song and video were pretty awesome

Tokubetsu

Got my hands on a maschine mikro (why I didn't bite on that card Kams...), working on a solo beat tape right now but it'll never be out the way I keep starting over.

Great interview with Ab-Soul, and sway touches a bit on the crab in the bucket mentality infecting hip-hop (and you know, not black "culture" as a whole):
http://youtu.be/5WqS4vNVDVY

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Thanks for posting.

And as someone here said when K.R.I.T.'s debut was first announced, he gave us two great free mixtapes, the least I could do is buy his album.

Yeah, but no one is going to buy it. Mixtapes have cheapened the value of rap music so much that spending 10 bucks on an album sounds like highway robbery. I bought it off of Amazon, but I can't blame anyone for passing and downloading the free mixtape of the day.

Tokubetsu

Yeah, but no one is going to buy it. Mixtapes have cheapened the value of rap music so much that spending 10 bucks on an album sounds like highway robbery. I bought it off of Amazon, but I can't blame anyone for passing and downloading the free mixtape of the day.

Definitely. People only really buy rap albums now when they're events.

CRS

Kamspy, GPU just came in! Last piece for my rig is finally here. Time to build this son bitch.

Not sure if I can record a reaction video but I can definitely record reaction audio.

kamspy

Kamspy, GPU just came in! Last piece for my rig is finally here. Time to build this son bitch.

Not sure if I can record a reaction video but I can definitely record reaction audio.

Good to hear. I hope I didn't end up packing anything illegal in there. I know I was like mid-binge when I packed it and mailed it. All I remember is Seven Samurai and Wale.

I didn't have any air duster, but I'd definitely blow out that heatsink before you install it. It's not too bad since I have filters on the intake fans on the case. Make sure and do that BTW. Filters will save you a lot of dusting. Worth the money.

EDIT: 860mhz is the perfect clock speed for that card BTW (stock voltage). No temp changes compared to anything lower, and perfectly stable. 900mhz will get you through most stuff, but some games crash on it. 860 is really enough to smush any games face in though. Even though it's an EVGA part, I still recommend using MSI Afterburner for monitoring and overclocking. She's good up to 105c, though I'd try to keep it in the 90s. Only time it'll get that high is if you get the itch to play Bioshock again, but with 32xAA and 8xSuperSampling (which you can do with this card, at 60fps). That tends to heat it up. CoD MW3 also looks shockingly great with 32xAA and 4xSS. 8xSS brings it under 60fps at times.

Also, Adaptive V sync is your best friend in any game that you can't maintain 60fps in. They just put it in the newest driver and it's awesome. No more hard fps drops at all.

CRS

Hahahahahaha.

There were definitely a couple of gems in there. Good shit, kam. I think I got video of it too.

Sadly, there wasn't anything illegal in there. I was hoping for a gram or something, haha.

Esch

Banned
Hahahahahaha.

There were definitely a couple of gems in there. Good shit, kam. I think I got video of it too.

Sadly, there wasn't anything illegal in there. I was hoping for a gram or something, haha.

it might be a gram of some shit thats too real for you

Shaquille_o_neal-arton21120-240x240.jpg

Lhexh

Damn, Mercy might just be video of the year. If not, it's up there.

As much as I love good music that video is on some fake ass Beat it type shit. Knowing kanye and how much he loves MJ I'm sure. Had no real Jamaican dancehall vibe to it neither, Which it should have had considering the sample.

Bishman

Pretty much. KRIT was carried by a lot of dope ass samples, some where he carried the melodies into his hooks. None of that is present on the album, and we just get repetitive choruses, sub par guests, and good but not great production.

Oh well. Kendrick will save us

Kendrick won't disappoint... I hope.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick Lamar on The Breakfast Club.

Talks Detox, etc etc etc. Lol @ Charlemange clowning on J. Cole at the end though.

As much as I love good music that video is on some fake ass Beat it type shit. Knowing kanye and how much he loves MJ I'm sure. Had no real Jamaican dancehall vibe to it neither, Which it should have had considering the sample.
Why should the video have to do with dancehall at all? To be obvious and uncreative? Plus the dancehall bits were added on top of the song afterwards too.

Also I have no idea how the video relates to MJ or Beat It.. at all.

OG Kush

IF you listen to big KRIT on the Combat jack show he talks about the samples and how people use tell him before don't get too heavy into samples, but he didn't listen and now he knows why (you can see this on the album). He tried to get songs on but because of samples they couldn't make it. Probably why his mixtapes got some of the better tracks.

nns3d

Mercy video was awesome, one of this years' best music videos for sure.

No clue how it relates to Beat It haha. Maybe just how Kanye dresses, but even that's stretching it.

kamspy

KRIT spent most the day #1 overall on iTunes. Hope that's a good sign. Went ahead and have him the iTunes boost.

Really, I've thought about how to make the biggest impact on an artist by purchasing their records. I think iTunes is the way to go because of the charts. I have a friend who doesn't really listen to hip hop but bought KRIT today because of where it was on the chart.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

PBY

Banned
Didn't Kam explain in track by track detail how Wale's Ambition was like the perfect album for that situation?

real ninja thoughts on recent hip hop and balla balla releases

Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate
c86nhok

One of the smoothest albums I've heard in a long time. I must admit my faith in Spitta was at all time lows after the average Weekend At Burnies and that Here EP among other things. The various "no smoker's circle" guest appearances kind of scared me, but this album is not the commercial venture I thought it would be. Overall the production is just so damn lush, god damn. And Spitta drops some of his nicest verses imo. My only complaint is that the album misses some of those "hard" tracks Spitta is known for like Roasted or Scottie Pippens.

Big KRIT - Live From The Underground
c6w6bpz

Finally managed to finish the album today and my opinion hasn't changed much. The second half of the album is better but still, something seems off. Overall the only standout tracks for me are Rich Dad Poor Dad, Praying Man, and Yea Dats Me. I really feel like KRIT has run out of things to rap about, and things to sample apparently.

Oddisee - People Here What They See
cfo6w2j

AOTY material right here - in fact it would be my early #1 if not for R.A.P. Music. I remember hearing Oddisee a few years ago and not really feeling him on the mic; flow wise he reeked of the awkward producer rapper who tries too hard. Meanwhile his production has always been dope, and he's one of the "underground" guys who makes hip hop that actually sounds...full (great drums, impressive bass, multiple other instruments etc instead of just looping stuff).

On this album he displays some impressive lyrics, flow, and the production is amazing. I gotta admit I was a bit concerned when I heard the first bars of the first song, but he slowly warms up and then just murders the beat with the second verse. Amazing shit. This is a stand up dude. All light skinned ninjas should be proud of this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom