• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Two questions for hiphopgaf

1) What are you still listening to from 2011 releases?

2) Who is the artist you've changed your opininon of most?

I'm saying this because Danny Brown-XXX is now on spotify and ive been listening to it in the car a lot more. I fucking looooove this album. Ive gotten past the voice and i now realize the truth, that Danny is the god of swag rap. lil b invented it. schoolboy q refines it. asap rocky remade it. But Danny brings the most to the table. Dark, gully ass beats. A hilarious ass sense of humor, and a unique delivery that ive come to appreciate

i just couldnt get into dude before for some reason. honestly i listen to XXX more than Section80, Oneirology, and Covert Coup.

Oneirology, Section.80 like every day, a couple select song off of WTT get regular playtime, (NIP, Murder to Excellence, the bonus songs), Undun,
Take Care sometimes

As for the second question, I have no clue. Perhaps Meek Mill? Didn't really think he was anything special but now every time I hear something from him or a song he's on it's I don't skip it and tend to give him the benefit of the doubt haha.
Ask me this question again at the end of the year though and my answer will be Kendrick Lamar. Right now I know he's the saviour but after his album comes out I will be vindicated as he will be the second coming of christ.
i hope

Jay Sosa

http://limelinx.com/files/67bb94909f36abde5806734d0f41dfd5
NEW WIZ
SO GOOOOOOD
dat harry fraud beat

edit: don't sleep. THIS BEAT... reminds me of something the cunninglynguists would rhyme over

woah, that IS a nice beat(and song). Reminds me of the slower Banner/Crooked Lettaz shit.

Lots of stuff:

HoB, Nostalgia, Ab Soul, Section 80, Jay Rock, Q, Krit and so on..better question would be what stuff from 2012 I'm listeting too..

Btw: Anyone heard that new (masta) Ace yet?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

1. No albums in their entirety, I get tired of most music within a week or two. Short attention span. There are some individual tracks from last year that I still listen to though.

2. 2chainz. Thought he was just another generic grunt rapper but he proved himself an idiot savant who can constantly make me laugh while he says the stupidest shit.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah and Ab-soul and Schoolboy q as well. All their verses on other songs made them sound like boring ass weed carriers. Their albums showed they are just as average but tolerable and occasionally enjoyable as kendrick.

Esch

Banned
schoolboy q i just dont see guys, what does son bring to the table that really sets himself apart. i cant even remember what his voice sounds like

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

I'm saying this because Danny Brown-XXX is now on spotify and ive been listening to it in the car a lot more. I fucking looooove this album. Ive gotten past the voice and i now realize the truth, that Danny is the god of swag rap. lil b invented it. schoolboy q refines it. asap rocky remade it. But Danny brings the most to the table. Dark, gully ass beats. A hilarious ass sense of humor, and a unique delivery that ive come to appreciate

i just couldnt get into dude before for some reason. honestly i listen to XXX more than Section80, Oneirology, and Covert Coup.

1. Section 80 is the only album I still listen to from 2011.
2. Uh....like lifetime? Lupe. I really thought he was going to do for thoughtful modern rap as Kanye did for modern glam rap. But from last year to this year...I'm going with Tyler. I was into his shit last year, now it just annoys me.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
odd future really did fall off. for a while there they were the talk of the town and now it just looks like theyre coasting

they should be trying to get on features

Action Bronson x Party Supplies-Steve Wynn(video)

Still good to listen to when all pissed off and shit, but it's just pop rap in a different direction. Once you know what he's going to say next, all you're left with is really, really shitty beats and average rhymes.

PBY

Banned
Any more thoughts on Triple F Life? some interesting choices made on that album. Track 15 in particular.... I think I like it? But its so different for Waka.

Funny esch, when I was thinking of danny brown xxx for the first question as well. I didn't get to make a list last year but I know I wouldn't of put it at number 1 back then. I would now tho, there's just so many quotables on it.

I can't think of any rappers I look at differently. Maybe Yelawolf? Nah, not yet at least.

No internet so I can't get a sneak peek at that Triple F. Will post what I think when I pick it up tues. Kind of looking to hearing the production. I remember Waka saying he didn't want it to sound like his first

DominoKid

Any more thoughts on Triple F Life? some interesting choices made on that album. Track 15 in particular.... I think I like it? But its so different for Waka.

It assures me that he will be around for a while. Especially if Get Low catches. Thats the only song i outright dont like.

Im impressed that he made a much better label album than Gucci ever could. Lots of possible hits for different audiences. He's gotten a LOT better at rapping too.

oh and the Outro is crack.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
schoolboy q i just dont see guys, what does son bring to the table that really sets himself apart. i cant even remember what his voice sounds like
hes great for when your stuck in traffic. honestly just chill and zone out, for some reason hes aggression just makes me want to say "fuck that noise i ama chill". "there he go" is a great workout track ( the few times i actually workout =P) i really need to find more tracks that get me pumped.

iavi

I dig Q in Fts, where I get him in bite sized snippets. I didn't dig HnC. Dude has nothing novel to say, and his delivery doesn't hold over the length of even a track.

PBY

Banned
I dig Q in Fts, where I get him in bite sized snippets. I didn't dig HnC. Dude has nothing novel to say, and his delivery doesn't hold over the length of even a track.

you guys are crazy- knocking his delivery? He has the best flow since eminem

1. Covert Coupe. Covert Coup never leaves my iPod rotation, I just find myself randomly listening to that shit. Hell, I listen to the samples all the time, especially the Double 07 one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsMyPqE3lVM&t=3m0s
(go to 3m mark and ride to that shit my niccas)

2. Hmmm, interesting question. I think maybe I'd go with someone who's not a rapper but was on my 2011 list a lot: Apollo Brown. Can't say I'm a big fan of the album he did with OC; I'll have to give the album another chance soon. His production has been somewhat repetitive for awhile, but it seems to have become more noticeable on that album. He's still one of my favorites but I'm a bit down on him right now

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
eminem had many flows. dude could make songs like mockingbird and turn right around do big weenie. and then go right around and do encore, and all three sounded great. but they all had one thing in common which was they all had a hint of/or were all about insanity . Q is alot more angry than insane.

iavi

He does, but it gets old quick, or doesn't hold with me, idk. Like his verse on Brand New Guy was some of the hottest shit, but nothing on HNC even remotely hit me like it.

I'll keep an eye out for dudes next tape and fts, but I ain't hyped for it like I am for say: Lamar or Ab Soul - the rest of TDE that matters.

HiResDes

Yeah remember when Siddx said he felt like he was growing apart with Gaf-hop, this is my moment...Although it is weird to see the artists I like become thread favorites a year or so later usually.

HiResDes

I really am predicting big things on the way from T R E E, not in the way of sales, but quality. Trap music of the year.

A bunch of shit: Co$$ - Instrument of Emotion, Has-Lo - In Case I Don't Make It, Overdoz, Lord of the Fly, XXX

2) Who is the artist you've changed your opinion of most?

Wale's fucking whack, deleted all my shit off even the old shit I used to feel has been rendered unlistenable

iavi

Gucci's "I'm Up" is trap tape of the year for me, so far. A trap masterpiece, in fact. You're going to have to link me to some T R E E.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah remember when Siddx said he felt like he was growing apart with Gaf-hop, this is my moment...Although it is weird to see the artists I like become thread favorites a year or so later usually.
HRD is the most hipster member of GAF-Hop
re
confirmed.

DominoKid

Ah. Only the first song is showing up on mobile soundcloud for me. I thought that was just his hot single. Ill check the rest when i hit the cafe.

HiResDes

Chuch and Texas Tea are my personal favorites, but I listen to the whole thing in the whip all the time.
I guess I am the only one in this thread who feels this way but....

My Sub Pt.2 is JAMMING!
No you're not it's the jam. The project has super high highs, and boring lows.

Esch

Banned
its not cool to hate wale, i just cant listen to son rap through his nose anymore.

his delivery is lil wayne status of bad for me

edit: yeah hes fine on the chorus

Tokubetsu

The Stoned Immaculate starting off with Wale is the worst thing

obnoxious lil mermaid ass ninja

Yeah, I would be okay with it being a middle album track or some shit but to start the lp off was a bad move on Spitta's part. #chop

Wale over here harshing out the vibe and shit.

I know its cool to hate Wale but he's cookin on that track.

Get the fuck outa here.

IM LAUGHING AT HIS VERSE RIGHT NOW, OUT PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom