• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

I'll be honest, XXX never really clicked with me. I like The Hybrid a LOT more. "Need Another Drink" was the track that got me into him.

Fuck. Live From the Underground is starting to click.

Yeah, it's really good. I know everyone would disagree with me but I think it's his second best release behind R4.

HiResDes

qq0JR.png

Ethelwulf Video

New Key Nyata

Man, I'm listening to People Hear What They See a lot, Oddisee really did work on here. It's giving me flashbacks to when I heard Black Milk's Tronic for the first time and was addicted. Album flows so well.

I'll be honest, XXX never really clicked with me. I like The Hybrid a LOT more. "Need Another Drink" was the track that got me into him.
The Hybrid has my favorite lines from him, but song wise I just prefer XXX. I still fuck with New Era, Exotic, I'm Out, and Re-up...Honestly I had to lower this list cause I saw I listed majority of the songs haha. Those are my favorites for sure tho.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I think it's castle walls by Styx? could be way off though

I don't think that is it, but I might just double dip and buy the physical CD to get a look at sample credits. Why doesn't every digital download come with the electronic booklet! Bought it from Amazon, iTunes doesn't have the booklet either.

kamspy

XXL tried to give Stoned Immaculate an overly harsh review to give them their "one edgy review every 6 months" quota. Said it was too commercial and industry Blueprint. I disagree obviously, but damn, why they have to go after Spitta? I guess they can't trash Sean or Cole cuz their daddy's can blacklist them, I dunno. I just found it a really shitty review. Almost worse than the P4K review, and their hip hop reviews have been almost decent. Does Spitta give rap journo's a hard time or something? It's no classic or anything but it's the definition of a true 4 mic album (Source review scale cica 94-98).

The Wale intro was kinda like an audio victory lap when I heard it. lol. This is Jet Life,,,, yyeeeeeaaaahhhh /walesonlyfan

You have to go there to get it. Took me a while. Played it the right night with the right combo going. Yeah.

Tokubetsu

XXL tried to give Stoned Immaculate an overly harsh review to give them their "one edgy review every 6 months" quota. Said it was too commercial and industry Blueprint. I disagree obviously, but damn, why they have to go after Spitta? I guess they can't trash Sean or Cole cuz their daddy's can blacklist them, I dunno. I just found it a really shitty review. Almost worse than the P4K review, and their hip hop reviews have been almost decent. Does Spitta give rap journo's a hard time or something? It's no classic or anything but it's the definition of a true 4 mic album (Source review scale cica 94-98).

The Wale intro was kinda like an audio victory lap when I heard it. lol. This is Jet Life,,,, yyeeeeeaaaahhhh /walesonlyfan

It's because he just has so many releases, and they all rated Weekend at Burnies (god knows why) and feel like they gotta duck this to make up for it. Stoned Immaculate > Weekend at Burnies. I do put on she dont want a man sometimes though.

Esch

Banned
its always cute to see The Source or XXL backtrack or something or try to compensate for past opinions

thats one of 1000 reasons you cant respect these mugs

and ya in retrospect WAB wasnt that hot but she dont want a man and #jetsgo are 2 of spittas best

I can certainly understand a review site pulling the "over saturation" card on Spitta, but most of these sites gave WAB good/solid reviews; Pitchfork gave it an 8, while Stoned Immaculate got a 7.1 (Verde Terrace got a 7.3 lol). A 7 isn't bad by Pitchfork standards I guess, but still, I can't agree with this yo.

WAB was rather disappointing; I don't think it's "bad" just very very forgettable and sub average. It has two of Spitta's very best songs - #jetsgo and She Don't Want a Man - but outside of that it feels like a weak mixtape; also the beats were rather disappointing to me

Stoned Immaculate has a major label sheen yet feels completely like a Spitta album. A lot of times underground or mixtape artists are kind of pulled into a mainstream world with their major label release (see: Thank Me Later) and it doesn't feel authentic. Whereas here it feels like Spitta pulled his mainstream guest rappers/producers into his world of airy synths and laid back choruses.

iavi

That's the thing with me and TSI: it doesn't feel like a spitta album. And I don't say 'Spitta album,' to put the dude in a box, but... my phone is dying so I'll have to edit the rest of this shit in later. GAFHOP's been moving slow as fuck; the post'll be here.

Esch

Banned
Stoned Immaculate has a major label sheen yet feels completely like a Spitta album. A lot of times underground or mixtape artists are kind of pulled into a mainstream world with their major label release (see: Thank Me Later) and it doesn't feel authentic. Whereas here it feels like Spitta pulled his mainstream guest rappers/producers into his world of airy synths and laid back choruses.
vouch

it just sounds like a spitta album with a bigger budget pretty much, which i dont see as a bad thing

i dont feel like any of these songs have been murked or heavy handedly written for a demographic like commercial Nas content for example

Tokubetsu

That's the thing with me and TSI: it doesn't feel like a spitta album. And I don't say 'Spitta album,' to put the dude in a box, but... my phone is dying so I'll have to edit the rest of this shit in later. GAFHOP's been moving slow as fuck; the post'll be here.

See it's the opposite for me, much like PD is saying. It's Pilot Talk through a more mainstream leans. It's Pilot Talk as covered by Warner Bros. Producers vs the original Ski Beatz vision. It's different but good.

Goin' hard, making it look easy...

Legal Crack
Capitol
No Squares
Chandelier
Showroom

All now officially Godtier spitta tracks.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
My ignorant artist heat check says mykko montana is my new shit

kamspy

I don't see any major label trapping on TSI. Sideline Story, Lasers, Radioactive, those are label fucked albums. I don't hear any of that in TSI. I don't even detect a single label forced song. Just spitta doing what he usually does, but just S Tier stuff instead of what he drops on mixtapes and whatnot.

Also, I came around a LOT on LFTU. I've had the thought "this is KRITs best album" a few times listening to it.

I found myself listening to The Cool for the first time since it came out. Pretty nice actually. I think it's people throwing him on that GOAT pedestal that turns me off to his stuff. Kinda like Lil Wayne. Even though dude's stuff is decent, if you say you like Lil Wayne in a conversation it's almost like cosigning his rabid following who think he's on some GOAT shit. I'd throw Eminem in this boat to. You have to give a 3 paragraph qualifier about how you like them but not nearly as much as everyone else, so I usually just skip it and say I don't like him.

That doesn't apply to Big Sean, Game or J.Cole though. I really don't like them. On any level.

Blackace

I don't see any major label trapping on TSI. Sideline Story, Lasers, Radioactive, those are label fucked albums. I don't hear any of that in TSI. I don't even detect a single label forced song. Just spitta doing what he usually does, but just S Tier stuff instead of what he drops on mixtapes and whatnot.

Also, I came around a LOT on LFTU. I've had the thought "this is KRITs best album" a few times listening to it.

I found myself listening to The Cool for the first time since it came out. Pretty nice actually. I think it's people throwing him on that GOAT pedestal that turns me off to his stuff. Kinda like Lil Wayne. Even though dude's stuff is decent, if you say you like Lil Wayne in a conversation it's almost like cosigning his rabid following who think he's on some GOAT shit. I'd throw Eminem in this boat to. You have to give a 3 paragraph qualifier about how you like them but not nearly as much as everyone else, so I usually just skip it and say I don't like him.

That doesn't apply to Big Sean, Game or J.Cole though. I really don't like them. On any level.

I don't like Game so much now.. it is like he believed the hype that Dre created for him and is now a parody of the Documentary Game..

GOAT titles can only apply if you release 3 or more classic albums.. or 1 OMG album and a classic album.. my rule I just made up right now..

And the KRIT album is really really dope.. on the whole it is better than all the mixtapes but the mixtapes had better highs than LFTU

iavi

See it's the opposite for me, much like PD is saying. It's Pilot Talk through a more mainstream leans. It's Pilot Talk as covered by Warner Bros. Producers vs the original Ski Beatz vision. It's different but good.

Goin' hard, making it look easy...

Legal Crack
Capitol
No Squares
Chandelier
Showroom

All now officially Godtier spitta tracks.

I'm going to have to give it a few more spins. Aside from "Chandelier," I'm just not feeling it like this.

^And on the mention of Big Sean. In listening to Gucci's "Brought out them racks" off of "I'm Up" everyday for the past week on the way to and from work, I've been opened to the idea of just how shitty he really is. I mean, gotdayum. Gucci opens that track up with "Your girlfriend's a penis eater/I swear she's a people pleaser" - Ghetto brilliance delivered in the funniest way, and continues to deliver not much worse than it for the rest of his verse, then Sean comes in... Fucks it. Just fucks it.

Blackace

Documentary is such a well written and produced album, but his voice ruins it for me today.

His hype tracks were really good to me..

it is his whiny tracks.. like "Dream" (still like the song) where is voice really ruins it..

"woke up from that coma in 200 and 1 about the same time Dre dropped 200 and 1(wtf)"

Tokubetsu

i just cant see someone listening to something like Showroom and not wildin out

that shit is incredible

That opening verse too man, that's that Spitta lifestyle bullshit thats so excellent. I mean, why haven't more rappers opened a verse by reading some luxury car's manual/car mags? #castlemusic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom