• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Finally saw the whole 50+ minutes of the battle.

Holy fuck Dizaster's last verse was 20x more potent than Ether. Canibus might be dead somewhere right now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i know deep lyrics don't get you deep pockets. but ridas recent shit has been...shit. dude was pretty constant with his songs on his first album. but after that, it just became all about the singles.

It's funny because the amount of cookie cutter trash he puts out gets overlooked because one stuck.. I literally have over a gig of singles he has released over the last few years and they could all be mixed with Black Eye Peas songs..

Blackace

aoty nah but ill prolly be good for a couple spins

killer mike and stoned immaculate spoiled me, im gonna be lookin at everything else like :|

Neither album did nothing for me.. Stoned had a few moments but nothing really made me come back to it...

Killer Mike. I already went through my feelings about him..

so far it's LFTU and that could be overtaken easily..

Big Boi's last album shit all over killer mikes and Spitta's recent albums. I have no doubt this will be the case with the next one. And come on, TSI was above average at best, with some decent tracks but a lot of really boring spitta. Production was pretty great throughout most of it though. Also, while RAP music had fantastic production, Mike is a rapper I dont really like all too much. C4C was a much better release than RAP Music.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
It's funny because the amount of cookie cutter trash he puts out gets overlooked because one stuck.. I literally have over a gig of singles he has released over the last few years and they could all be mixed with Black Eye Peas songs..
I am pretty sure some of them are mixed with BEP songs.

Macca

Plus, Big Boi knocked it out of the park with the features on his 1st album.

He's got Cudi, UGK and KRIT on the next. It's gon be good.

I have no problems with liking big boi over killer mike. Outkast is my favorite group. It was you putting C4C over R.A.P.

Mike is not someone I like. I dont particularly like El-P on the mic, but I liked C4C better than RAP Music. Isnt this subjective? Its not like either of these are great albums. Just fantastic production.

dont feed it tguy. we off that okay?

Why dont you contribute to the thread instead of acting like a child?

R.A.P. Music is a great album and if you are going to pull the "it's my opinion card" then I'll go ahead and stop right now. But majority of the things said on here are opinions and subjective, that is what causes for more discussion.

R.A.P. Music is a great album and if you are going to pull the "it's my opinion card" then I'll go ahead and stop right now. But majority of the things said on here are opinions and subjective, that is what causes for more discussion.

I only pulled the opinion card because I was being called a troll for saying that I didnt feel Mike was that great. Really? That was worth suggesting I was a troll over?

Esch

Banned
C4C isnt trash but it isnt prime steak like RAP music

id say its like a nice sushi place. dope when you're in the mood for it, but i cant eat a lot of it and certainly not often

C4C isnt trash but it isnt prime steak like RAP music

id say its like a nice sushi place. dope when you're in the mood for it, but i cant eat a lot of it and certainly not often

If Killer Mike was not the rapper on RAP Music it probably would be a nice steak. But really its Steak by way of Steak n Shake.

Esch

Banned
If Killer Mike was not the rapper on RAP Music it probably would be a nice steak. But really its Steak by way of Steak n Shake.

i mean its straight. you're probably still on that just out of high school mostly only fucking with east coast and lyrical leaning hip hop. You'll come around to this type of rap music someday and be like

tumblr_lafarzu3oE1qa2iui.jpg

damn i was missin out

i mean its straight. you're probably still on that just out of high school mostly only fucking with east coast and lyrical leaning hip hop. You'll come around to this type of rap music someday and be like

tumblr_lafarzu3oE1qa2iui.jpg

damn i was missin out

Im probably older than you son. Also, Outkast is my favorite group of all time. Definitely not eastcoast shit, but i should not have to justify my musical taste to such a condescending person.

It's cool long as he didn't call C4C great and not killer mike. I don't want to type reasons why killer mike is a beast on my damn phone. Maybe in july when I make my top 10 so far.

I don't like El-p much though, he reminds of mf doom in the way where I just don't care at all what he's talking about, but El-p shines every now and then

It's cool long as he didn't call C4C great and not killer mike. I don't want to type reasons why killer mike is a beast on my damn phone. Maybe in july when I make my top 10 so far.

I don't like El-p much though, he reminds of mf doom in the way where I just don't care at all what he's talking about, but El-p shines every now and then

C4C isnt great. I just found El-P less annoying on the mic. He was serviceable. Mike I just dont like. I also thought The Pl3dge was just alright too. Live From The Underground is much better, IMO. That shit rides and has smooth joints. KRIT is AOTY for me right now.

Esch

Banned

yeah but it works better for some guys, that nonsensical off kilter shit. Thats basically 50-60% of all Ghostface material to be honest, maybe more. Its a delivery thing. I remember you not liking MF either.

I've only given The Stoned Immaculate, Live From The Underground and R.A.P a single spin and it was while I was getting some work done.

Big Boi's track record is damn impressive and his last album was amazing, much better than anything put out this year. I'm hyped.

C4C isnt great. I just found El-P less annoying on the mic. He was serviceable. Mike I just dont like. I also thought The Pl3dge was just alright too. Live From The Underground is much better, IMO. That shit rides and has smooth joints. KRIT is AOTY for me right now.
PL3dge was alright for sure. Started off with like 4 great tracks then I wasn't feeling the rest as much.
yeah but it works better for some guys, that nonsensical off kilter shit. Thats basically 50-60% of all Ghostface material to be honest, maybe more. Its a delivery thing. I remember you not liking MF either.
there should be a subgenre called nonsense rap. I'm not too familiar with ghost's catalogue and my favorite wu member is method.

Blackace

I've only given The Stoned Immaculate, Live From The Underground and R.A.P a single spin and it was while I was getting some work done.

Big Boi's track record is damn impressive and his last album was amazing, much better than anything put out this year. I'm hyped.

pretty much it is like an Outkast album!

Jay Sosa

That new Fifty is surprisingly enjoyable.

put on my OJ gloves and kill this shit..ki-ki-kill this bitches.

video is hilarious too, especially when he walks past the inmates.

Master Z

there should be a subgenre called nonsense rap.

But most rap music could be considered nonsense when you really look at it. It's a style of music dominated by caricatures who provide superficial entertainment. When you analyze what most of these rappers are saying it becomes quite apparent how silly it all is.

Detox

really? I guess you missed me shitting on Weezy, and pre-The Recession Jeezy... Gucci Mane.. Wacka.. or Flo Rida who has given up pretending to be a rapper and is now channeling the C&C Music Factory full time now..

Jeezy's best songs are on TM101 and The Inspiration has his best ever I Luv It. I don't really see how he improved his emceeing since The Recession.

Blackace

Jeezy's best songs are on TM101 and The Inspiration has his best ever I Luv It. I don't really see how he improved his emceeing since The Recession.
TM101 was a good album.. But if you think he was as good lyrically as he is now I don't have anything really to discuss.. In my opinion his wordplay improved dramatically with the Recession.. And TM103 furthered his diversity... I Do is a prime example of this.. 101 Jeezy wouldn't have been able to do that song..

And I Luv It is a dope dope song, but not his best IMO

kamspy

Anyone here have any video editing skills? Gonna shoot a little video for a Mercy remix that me and my boy did. We got dope cars, videos hoes, drugs everything you need to make a good video. We just need an editor.

Going for a basic street video. 3 locations. Hood w/background crackheads, apartment parking lot, and a little dope spot down by the river. Gonna use my Caddy and my boy's Benz as car candy. Got a couple good looking white women to wear skimpy clothes and do video ho shit. And of course, drugs.

Also, LOL at P4K giving Triple F Life a 7. Just when they were starting to get a halfway decent rap for hip hop reviews.....

and I like Flocka, Triple F is just mediocre as fuck. Just seems like an average ass mixtape.

Lhexh

TM101 was a good album.. But if you think he was as good lyrically as he is now I don't have anything really to discuss.. In my opinion his wordplay improved dramatically with the Recession.. And TM103 furthered his diversity... I Do is a prime example of this.. 101 Jeezy wouldn't have been able to do that song..

And I Luv It is a dope dope song, but not his best IMO

All this birdtalk make me want some popeyes. Please his rapping style never switched up. The only thing about I do and Recession that is different is the beat selection. He is still talking about dealing in the same manner. Do you listen to lyrics or do you just skim through it?

Same lyrical content that's why my cousins still feel him as a rapper and dis me when I listen to Jay and kanye.

If you haven't, check out that Balloons of Haus (Electronic mixes of the entire House of Balloons tape)

OH SHIT werd? IM ON IT!

edit now: listening now..its pretty cool...but IM So feeling this "the morning" mix...shit is Dope...I can see this as a great preclub track in the whip

OH DAMN...and the D.D. remix is dope as fuck

kamspy

TM101 wasn't really about lyrics. It was a feeling, a vibe, a movement.

For me, idk if there's been an album since then with such an immediate, overwhelming impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom