• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Been bumping Denzel Aquarius all day in the whip, pulled up next to a dude blasting Headcrack and even he got hyped. I mastered version higher fi version of Strictly 4 My R.v.i.d.x.r.z. (1993) would make the mixtape a top five favorite this year.

KAL2006

Banned
Went to Watch the Throne concert yesterday and it was great. We need more of these collaboration albums. Wasn't a fan of the Watch the Throne album first but it grew on me. Nas and Damien Marley's Distant Relatives was great from my first ever listen. More collaboration albums means we will also get a tour with both artists also doing their own singles as well. The reason I liked the Watch the Throne concert, was because I was bombarded with hit after hit from Jay and Kanye's backlog of tracks from Kanye's "Can't tell me Nothing" to Jay-Z's "Dirt of your Shoulder" to songs from their collaborative album like "No Church in the Wild".

Kad5

3864380.jpg

Just listened to this for the first time.

This might possibly be one of the best mix tapes released this year. No joke.

Esch

Banned
wordup i actually downloaded Back From the Dead and listened to it and... this is what some of yall were hyped about? This shit is boring, elementary, unoriginal rehash. Its not even catchy forreal

im not even gonna talk about genre tropes like 30 seconds of dumbasses telling me who made the song im listening to before every track starts

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Cons is such a fucking weirdo. He was given a second chance - something very few old rappers get - and it wasn't with some no-name label. It was with the biggest star in the game, and he lost it by talking shit like he was somebody?

Fuck, man. Poster child for bodying one's self right there.

kamspy

Yeah Jeezy mix went straight to the iPad for Cadillac use. Great opener. Haven't made it all the way through. Haven't had a long enough drive yet. lol

Esch

Banned
It sounds the same as what MMG song?

Gunplay's verse is dope.

as all of them

strings and spaceship sounds

mmmmmmmmmaybach music

808s

something haters gets money something

its my time

mmmg forever

they wanna be us but they aint us

blah blah blah blah

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
aint this dude on like his 50th mixtape or someshit? i tried to get into him but there were too many options so i was like fuck it
Download Zero Heroes, his best project out of like, the two I downloaded. Fairly good representation of what he's about too.

RJT

Download Zero Heroes, his best project out of like, the two I downloaded. Fairly good representation of what he's about too.

I loved Zero Heroes. A lot of average tracks, but the high point are incredible. Particularly the song featuring Kendrick.

It also gets 1 extra point for mentioning Mirror's Edge.

I loved Zero Heroes. A lot of average tracks, but the high point are incredible. Particularly the song featuring Kendrick.

It also gets 1 extra point for mentioning Mirror's Edge.

Isn't mirrors edge on Everybody's Nobody? Or is there a track that mentions it on zero heroes too?

GTFO Schoolboy Q already ate Rocky's lunch on his own dining room table.

I do agree with you on this, but rocky has way more fans. But the list clearly isn't about rapping or drake wouldn't be #1. Schoolboy imo is better than rocky on every level but people don't even know about him yet.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
i gotta be honest feeling david banners mixtape more than lftu even

Like I said earlier, Banner's mixtape completely flipped on me, maybe I just wasnt in the the right mindstate when I gave it the first listen through but now it is definitely one of my favorite releases of the year.

HiResDes

Better beat selection...How the fuck does that become a bigger factor than rapping, it seems idiotic to me. I would actually disagree with that even, but man that's just some silly shit.

Rick Ross is better than Nas and Kool G Rap, better beat selection bra, oh yeah fasho...WTF

siddx

wordup i actually downloaded Back From the Dead and listened to it and... this is what some of yall were hyped about? This shit is boring, elementary, unoriginal rehash. Its not even catchy forreal

im not even gonna talk about genre tropes like 30 seconds of dumbasses telling me who made the song im listening to before every track starts

I've been saying this since his no talent ass first popped up. Keef is fucking garbage.

Asap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schoolboy. Asap is entertaining, Schoolboy can't even carry an entire album alone.

Esch

Banned
Better beat selection...How the fuck does that become a bigger factor than rapping, it seems idiotic to me. I would actually disagree with that even, but man that's just some silly shit.

Rick Ross is better than Nas and Kool G Rap, better beat selection bra, oh yeah fasho...WTF

I call them more or less even on rapping. I like ASAP's delivery much more and i think swag comes with less effort for him

rick ross doesn't have better beat selection than either

im willing to bend knee on G Rap for that one, but not Nas

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Woke up yesterday morning, threw on the Death Row mix.
Worked out in the afternoon to the Jeezy mix.
Drove home listening to the Outkast mix.

Thanks again bro. It feels wrong to get all that music for gratis

My pleasure!

I have a friend who is a huge jeezy stan who is going to geek the fuck out for your mix. I listened to it yesterday on a long drive, I was never a big jeezy fan but it still manages to be entertaining, even if I spent the whole time wishing he would just take some ex lax and stop straining.

We need another poppy mix, it's been long enough that there should be plenty of new mindless pop rap out.

And lmfao at chris brown's bitch ass getting punched and hit with a bottle. Fuck face deserves it.

And on another random note, I don't know what I was on when I first listened to the david banner mixtape and proclaimed it mediocre, I listened to it all the way through yesterday and there isn't a weak track on it, maybe one eh track but the thing is fucking loaded with quality. Might be a top three release so far this year for me. Probably helps that I only listened to 2 of the tracks before it dropped so it's almost entirely new material for me. No Choice and Work are my stand outs right now.

Yeah the Banner mix tape is dope.. Made me make the David Banner mix.. While I was doing it I realized that Banner is maybe the Quik of the south.. His first album was ok... But after that sheeeeit.. I pretty much rank Certified as a classic and Greatesr Story a great album...

Edit: yeah I know we are overdue for a new poppy mix.. Everytime I get ready to do it... So much ignorant stuff comes out :(
i gotta be honest feeling david banners mixtape more than lftu even
David Banner's "mixtape" is basically an album..

[

HiResDes

I've been saying this since his no talent ass first popped up. Keef is fucking garbage.

Asap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schoolboy. Asap is entertaining, Schoolboy can't even carry an entire album alone.

To each his own, but call me when Rocky makes a song as transcendent as Sacrilegious or as hood paranoid as Raymond 1969 or Nightmare on Figg...And I love Rocky, but he can only convey one emotion.

Esch

Banned

seriously, just the most mediocre shit. honestly the whole tape just sounds llike some average ass trap you could cop on datpiff anyday

as for the carrying an entire album alone.... What rapper could in today's game? Besides maybe Kendrick.

siddx

I got the feeling that banner is having a bit of a moral crisis listening to the mixtape though. One minute he's talking about how disgusted he is with rappers celebrating misogyny, drugs, and violence...then the next he's talking about fucking bitches and leaving people dead in the woods.

The mixtape really shows you how varied of a producer he has become though. I am especially impressed with his ability to have that nice deep bass without it being distorted or do nothing but rattle everything in the car. Not a lot of producers (I noticed Krit has this skill too) seem to nail that bass, you end up with it overwhelming everything else. I guess whomever is mastering the tracks deserves a lot of credit too. I can crank up a banner or krit song though and never feel like the bass is going to rattle my car apart at the seams. Blow out a few windows though perhaps.

Macca

seriously, just the most mediocre shit. honestly the whole tape just sounds llike some average ass trap you could cop on datpiff anyday

as for the carrying an entire album alone.... What rapper could in today's game? Besides maybe Kendrick.
Only people I can think of off the top of my head would be Ye and maybe Cudi.

And Eminem could, but who knows about the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom