• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

He went ignorant kind of, not like CL

Thanks

Eh, need some music for the car anyway. It's free after all...

any other good free car music that's more bearable than Wocka Flocka?

Download Zero Heroes, his best project out of like, the two I downloaded. Fairly good representation of what he's about too.

His first tape* was excellent too, forgot the name, it's the one with the original Mirror's Edge without that awful Mike Posner chorus.

EDIT: Everybody's Nobody.

*the first I heard.

Trey

I have a car that has no direct audio input for my music players. I really don't want to have to burn CDs to listen to music in the ride, so are there any practical options for modding the setup to accept an input from a device?

PBY

Banned
U have a tape deck? U could also get one of those iPod radio things... Altho I couldn't enjoy mine since the quality sucked so bad

OG Kush

car-vinyl-record-player.jpg

this is how i roll

Jay Sosa

I have a car that has no direct audio input for my music players. I really don't want to have to burn CDs to listen to music in the ride, so are there any practical options for modding the setup to accept an input from a device?

have the same problem and use one of these (not that model though:

41B98lky1AL._AA300_.jpg

Transmitter

Most of them only transmit in mono and finding the perfect frequency can be a bitch but besides that it's almost perfect.

cdyhybrid

Like others have said, I'd go with the thing that broadcasts your MP3 player to a radio frequency so your car radio can pick it up.

abuC

I'm thinking of getting a Cowon J3, anyone have one or Cowon products in general?

Leaning away from an IPod since the hdd on my old one crapped the bed and took around 80gb of music with it to hell.

Jay Sosa

I'm thinking of getting a Cowon J3, anyone have one or Cowon products in general?

Leaning away from an IPod since the hdd on my old one crapped the bed and took around 80gb of music with it to hell.

considered getting one but settled for a sansa. But from what I heard they're quite superb. a bit expensive for my taste. Sansa have an amazing sound (or had, mine is quite old) and are cheap as hell so i honestly don't see a reason to drop 300 on a player when I can have an excellent sounding one for 50.

abuC

considered getting one but settled for a sansa. But from what I heard they're quite superb. a bit expensive for my taste. Sansa have an amazing sound (or had, mine is quite old) and are cheap as hell so i honestly don't see a reason to drop 300 on a player when I can have an excellent sounding one for 50.

I like Sansa but need more space than they can support.

HiResDes

Thanks

Eh, need some music for the car anyway. It's free after all...

any other good free car music that's more bearable than Wocka Flocka?

His first tape* was excellent too, forgot the name, it's the one with the original Mirror's Edge without that awful Mike Posner chorus.

EDIT: Everybody's Nobody.

*the first I heard.
ETHELWULF_The_Wolf_Gangs_Rodolphe-back-large.jpg
Tree_Sunday_School.jpg
sljones-para.jpg
3895164675-1.jpg
3520543999-1.jpg
10c0Mach-Five-Ratchet-Shit-3-Cover-300x300.jpg
Fat_Pimp_Bad+As+I+Wanna+Be+2-front-large.jpg
Gunplay_Bogota_Rich-front-large.jpg
trouble-431-days-no-dj-500x500.jpg
alley-boy-nigganati-450x450.jpg
dj-paul-for-i-have-sinned.jpg
PP15-550x5501.jpg

...I'm sure you have some of these, just ask for links if you can't find the ones you don't.

OG Kush

I've got the d2. I love it, but thats because I love things with so many options and freedom. You can put flash on it, change the skin, do crazy skins, full 5 band EQ and other crazy audio settings, bookmarks, drag and drop file (none of that itunes shit), FLAC and other good audio sources, amazing sound quality, extenedable memory through SD cards, AMAZING battery life.
The Cowon D2 was literally ahead of its time, it may be a bit dated by now but I still rock the shit out of, I hardly ever have to charge it. The J3 is probably a bit different Cowon really know their shit when it comes to audio quality thats for sure.

On another note, stream Smoke DZA's album, procuded by Harry Fraud:
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/06/15/smoke-dza-rugby-thompson-album-stream/
dope production, just wish it was someone else other than Smoke DZA spittin over these.
actually, after listening to this a bit, Smoke DZA's no that bad... still undecided.

abuC

I've got the d2. I love it, but thats because I love things with so many options and freedom. You can put flash on it, change the skin, do crazy skins, full 5 band EQ and other crazy audio settings, bookmarks, drag and drop file (none of that itunes shit), FLAC and other good audio sources, amazing sound quality, extenedable memory through SD cards, AMAZING battery life.
The Cowon D2 was literally ahead of its time, it may be a bit dated by now but I still rock the shit out of, I hardly ever have to charge it. The J3 is probably a bit different Cowon really know their shit when it comes to audio quality thats for sure.

On another note, stream Smoke DZA's album, procuded by Harry Fraud:
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/06/15/smoke-dza-rugby-thompson-album-stream/
dope production, just wish it was someone else other than Smoke DZA spittin over these.
actually, after listening to this a bit, Smoke DZA's no that bad... still undecided.

Thanks man, Im definitely going to go with Cowon, battery life seems to be amazing for most of their products.

OG Kush

Thanks man, Im definitely going to go with Cowon, battery life seems to be amazing for most of their products.

No problem, but I suggest reading and watching some video reviews on youtube or wherever, if you already haven't done. I was just reading this review:
http://anythingbutipod.com/2010/11/cowon-j3-review/
looks pretty damn good, and Cowon have probably released some firmware updates since the review was writtenwhich have improved it more.

kamspy

have the same problem and use one of these (not that model though:

41B98lky1AL._AA300_.jpg

Transmitter

Most of them only transmit in mono and finding the perfect frequency can be a bitch but besides that it's almost perfect.

I own this thing and it works like shit in the areas I drive. I read something about the FCC lowering the maximum output of these things shortly after they came out. The old ones are good, new ones are shit. I had an old one way back in the day and it was pretty damn good. Had FM quality. This shit is maybe AM quality if you're lucky. No volume either. At least in my area. I will admit it was hard to find a channel with a blank channel on both side like the instructions say to.

I used my phone in the car a few times when I didn't bring my iPad and DSP is noticeably shittier in the phone. Motorola Triumph. Bout to get the iPhone when it comes out on prepaid.

PBY

Banned
Pretty disappointed in the new XV- can't speak to the lyrics yet, but the beats are a huge step down from his past 2 efforts.

I used to have one of those transmitters for about a week. It was so damn bad, I spent a whole day shopping for one of those tape decks that goes directly into my ipod.

Apparently Tim Dog is on Dateline NBC right now?

Fuck Compton

Edit from Wikipedia:
In 2011, Tim Dog pleaded guilty to grand larceny for conning a woman in an online dating scam and was sentenced to five years probation and ordered to pay restitution. The case was featured on the June 15, 2012, episode of Dateline NBC

lol

Macca

Man, for some reason I'd have loved a j cole feature on If I Fall from LFTU. I don't know why, I'm not even a huge fan of the dude.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
god damn I need that Ugo Ogugwa in my life, shit is fucking hilarious and hype as hell at the same time

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
dead@ neegas in bolivia

Uh, does liking Kanye West's Mercy make me a bad person?

God that song is catchy.

(I'm a pretty casual hip-hop fan, admittedly.)

Beat is fantastic until kanye comes in with his bullshit beat switch and embarrassing verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom