• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
Lil Kim looked decent when she was on dancing with the stars
dwts-season8-22.jpg

Damn shame

Okay, so that Joey Bada$$ is pretty great. Although I feel like some tracks really blew the fuck away out of the rest(Survival Tactics and Hardknock) so it makes the rest tracks seems not as good. I'll be listening to for a bit, pretty great shit though really.

Also, Ignorant 12 is underappreciated, it got put to work for real last weekend Ace...thanks lol

HiResDes

...When you put all of the Mach Five volumes together and take out a few tracks you have THE MOST RATCHET ALBUM OF THE YEAR.

...Gonna do the same thing with the Chris Faust volumes.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

DominoKid

have to say The Stoned Immaculate is my AOTY so far.
idk maybe its cause i'm at the beach not doing shit but working, writing, partying and smoking everyday but this shit is groovy as fuck to me.

the only songs i dont fuck with are the two w/ chicks on em.

Spitta found a good pocket on this and pretty much everything he says feels like its the perfect next line.

RJT

Pretty disappointing with XV's and Tom Thee Hardy's latest mixtapes. They are still talented, but both are significantly worse than the previous mixtapes.

BTW, anyone got news regarding Chico and the Man? Shouldn't it have dropped already?

Pretty disappointing with XV's and Tom Thee Hardy's latest mixtapes. They are still talented, but both are significantly worse than the previous mixtapes.

BTW, anyone got news regarding Chico Dust? Shouldn't it have dropped already?

I found XV's to be about on par with Zero Heroes. Although Seven's production was missed, XV's growth as an MC makes up for it.

Chico and the Man needs to come out. Although I am pretty sure Kno said he wasnt going to talk about it until it is ready, or something like that.

RJT

I found XV's to be about on par with Zero Heroes. Although Seven's production was missed, XV's growth as an MC makes up for it.

The problem I have with it is that there are no standout tracks. Zero Heroes had Awesome, Textbook Stuff, Pictures on My Wall, Best Days of Lives (despite a weak hook).

Maybe he's saving those for a proper album, I wouldn't mind that. As I said, he's still dope, no doubt about it.

The problem I have with it is that there are no standout tracks. Zero Heroes had Awesome, Textbook Stuff, Pictures on My Wall, Best Days of Lives (despite a weak hook).

Maybe he's saving those for a proper album, I wouldn't mind that. As I said, he's still dope, no doubt about it.

I think Her Favorite Song and The Kick were pretty great. The only song I really dont like is Mary Kate & Ashley.

RJT

I forgot about "Go On Without Me", I think that may be my favorite track. Also, what is that sample in the Kick? Im assuming from inception soundtrack? lol I have no clue.

This is a live version, but you get the point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WOcU7J9F3E

Inception's soundtrack is awesome, particularly the use of "sampling" techniques: inside the film, they use Edit Piaf's La Vie en Rose as a sound clue to people inside the dream, so Zimmer recreates a slowed down sample of that song using brass instruments and incorporates it in the orchestration. Reminds me of what Havoc did for the Shook Ones beat (but reworked instead of actually sampled).

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2sD3QvwnjY

Jay Sosa

The Kick is probably my favorite. That sample...

yep, first time I heard the kick I had it on repeat for half an hour. My co-worker thought I went insane.

Unless I'm overlooking an obvious one, Danny Brown on Ab-Soul's Terrorist Threat is feature of the year.

I can only listen to DB when it's s&c..

Rep the 316 I’m 7 30 in the mind

I’m that dude hands down, 6 30 when I rhyme

I’m a 235, always in my prime

And it’s 4.15, meaning it’s my time

the 316 is where he is from, 7 30 is a metaphor for crazy, he is the best hands down 6 30 on a clock is both hands down, 2 3 and 5 are the first 3 prime numbers, 4= for 15= roman numerals for XV, 4.15 also is the date he released his last mixtape April 15th. And it is all using time wordplay to say that it is his time to shine... XV is lyrically amazing!

damn always wondered about that.

cacophony

riff raff doing coke in his apartment rapping over my beat with a python around his arm. this is the greatest.

i dont think i can post the link because of the drug use, but it is of course on everyone's favorite site, WSHH "Versace Python Freestyle"

Jay Sosa

riff raff doing coke in his apartment rapping over my beat with a python around his arm. this is the greatest.

i dont think i can post the link because of the drug use, but it is of course on everyone's favorite site, WSHH "Versace Python Freestyle"

you got a youtube channel?

wahhh listened to the kick 3 times back to back already..

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Now i'm in china town bok choy

Damn nice. Did you get paid?

Master Z

Congrats! Don't give too much away for free though. Unless he wants to collab on an ep or mixtape produced soley by you with your name in the title. That would be career making type promotion.

The M.O.B

Congrats! Don't give too much away for free though. Unless he wants to collab on an ep or mixtape produced soley by you with your name in the title. That would be career making type promotion.

This

And make sure your name gets mentioned somewhere when it's used. The description should have included Beat by XXXXXXX

remist

Was looking for the video with cacophony's beat in it and had a good laugh at the drama between Riff Raff and Soulja Boy. Not sure who's more fraudulent between the two.

RiFF RaFF ‏@JODYHiGHROLLER
iM STiLL A FAN OF @SouljaBoy EVEN iF HE iS UPSET iTS COOL HE JUST SHOULD HAVE PROMOTED & PAiD ME MORE .. BUT i AiNT MAD

RiFF RaFF ‏@JODYHiGHROLLER
i KNOW HOW @SouljaBoy FEELS THO .. iTS LiKE WHEN LEBRON JAMES LEFT CLEVELAND CAVS LOL

cacophony

lol thanks guys. not trying to get paid cause I just make beats for the hell of it when I'm bored mixing metal/hardcore music, but if he wants more beats i'll get into that. hopefully that song gets actually recorded and shit.

lol thanks guys. not trying to get paid cause I just make beats for the hell of it when I'm bored mixing metal/hardcore music, but if he wants more beats i'll get into that. hopefully that song gets actually recorded and shit.

I love this attitude. Doing music for the love of it. Just for that I hope you do get paid!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
please...

Pain, Akon, R-Kelly, Legend..

pfft Anthony might not make the top 5

T-Pain? T-Pain? You crazy. Legend is fucking week sauce too. Flatest voice ever. Akon is a goddamn chipmunk singer and R-Kelly...

Can't front. Kells is the shit.

Fuck the rest of them clowns though.

T-Pain? T-Pain? You crazy. Legend is fucking week sauce too. Flatest voice ever. Akon is a goddamn chipmunk singer and R-Kelly...

Tpains last album is about as hype as you can get from an RnB artist. Its fucking magical, seeing rainbows and unicorns and other shit. Legend is good, but boring. Akon is the shit.

having a preference that 2 + 2 equals 5 doesn't make it correct

Preferring a soulful vibe to what kelly does is now 2+2=5? LMAO.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

T-Pain hooks are crazy fun!

Shit I might even take Kokane over him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom