• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Ignorant16 absolutely slaps, was nice to come back to on my birthday. :D

Happy Birthday! It was my birthday just a couple of days ago. /shameless mention

Can someone explain what a Weeknd song is doing on the Clams tape? What's the story behind that? Clams produced an earlier version?

He produced the original version of an instrumental The Weeknd used for his Echoes of Silence tape. My guess is Clams sent beats to The Weeknd and The Weeknd and his crew (Illangelo) modified that specific beat or added a few touches. Or Clams was the sole producer and changed the track to Weeknd's specifications.

Kwixotik

I've been listening to Danny Brown a lot lately. Can't believe I didn't give him a chance until I heard him on Control System. XXX is incredible. Next up is RAP Music, which I still haven't gotten around to listening to for some reason.

Also, thanks again for the mixes, Ace. The Outkast mix and Caddies & Syrup are awesome driving music.

Aaaand, first court date ever today...
Possession of alcohol age 18-20

Jay Sosa

drake-nivea-new-years-eve-600x450.jpg

lol

RJT

Yep, that's what I love about him. I mean sure some might say his nerdiness is just a gimmick..but as a huge nerd myself I can relate to a lot of stuff he says and references.

Yeah, nerdy rap done right is great.

There too many fake rappers saying nerdy things though... I hate wanna be comedians trying to rap and doing it poorly.

Macca

Ace, Ignorant 16 is fucking bitchin'. Loved it.

Finally got a timebar and track time up on the site, and the favourites button all working. It's starting to feel like a real site now! Also made the fast forward and rewind buttons skip a minute forward and back respectively.

Ignorant 16 for example.

Poppy 4 aint quite up yet, waiting till I've finished the new art to put it up.

Cudder

Kno just made all CunninLynguist albums free (name your price) on their bandcamp site after going on a twitter rant.

Say, isn't it about time we get some new CL material?

I still don't understand why hipster/alt blogs and sites don't give Kno and the gang love. They release an album, a handful of people buy it, then they go overseas to tour. Every time. Must be frustrating

Tokubetsu

The kno stuff:

It was recently revealed that the CEO of Spotify is worth $307 million dollars -- more money than every artist they feature except 1. In honor of the .005 cents per play we get from Spotify as they trick you out of your weed money under the guise of "supporting artists", it's "Fuck Spotify" week at CunninLynguists.com! Take this week off from streaming CL on Spotify and download any album from http://www.cunninlynguists.com/ at whatever price you choose -- even free! - Kno

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
dude could make the next illmatic and i admittedly would ignore it

scust at the state of rap celebrating this guy being allowed to breathe

He's allowed to breathe because anytime anybody says anything official against him, his hoards of little girl fans rush to defend him and call them haters and shit. It's fucking pathetic.

Master Z

He's allowed to breathe because anytime anybody says anything official against him, his hoards of little girl fans rush to defend him and call them haters and shit. It's fucking pathetic.
Don't like Drake? Ignore him. Rap music is pop music now, deal with it. Why not just focus on the artists you do like and support them? Bitching about Drake isn't going to change anything.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Don't like Drake? Ignore him. Rap music is pop music now, deal with it. Why not just focus on the artists you do like and support them? Bitching about Drake isn't going to change anything.

If it's popular it's pathetic and hot trash. That's the wanderingwind way!

WanderingWind

If it's popular it's pathetic and hot trash. That's the wanderingwind way!

What? That doesn't even make sense.

EDIT: Oh, still salty about that T-Pain thing? He is hot garbage. Sorry. Autotune like that just drives me nuts. Hate that shit. Has nothing to do with popularity.

Case in point. Make one negative point about Drake and you get this shit. Disliking one artist (I even like a couple of his tracks, so stuff the hater shit now) does not mean you don't support artists you do like.

Relax.

Blackace

He basically just called you Coldvein.
Coldvein didn't like anything non-Doomtree
Kinda think he got me confused with Yoda for a second.

...they have a history like that.

Naw.. and salty over T-Pain? nope not in the slightest.. dude helps me make money, why would be salty if you don't like him?

Just saying it seems like the massive popular stuff you hate and when you post about it you talk about their fans and what not..

WanderingWind

Coldvein didn't like anything non-Doomtree

Naw.. and salty over T-Pain? nope not in the slightest.. dude helps me make money, why would be salty if you don't like him?

Just saying it seems like the massive popular stuff you hate and when you post about it you talk about their fans and what not..

I think you got me confused with somebody else, playa. I like all kinds of popular shit. Hell, I make more cracks at Add-2 than I ever have at Drizzy and listen to BoB.

So...yeah. Not me, man.

Blackace

I think you got me confused with somebody else, playa. I like all kinds of popular shit. Hell, I make more cracks at Add-2 than I ever have at Drizzy and listen to BoB.

So...yeah. Not me, man.

Wouldn't exactly call BoB popular at this point.. fair enough

Trey

I've been listening to Danny Brown a lot lately. Can't believe I didn't give him a chance until I heard him on Control System. XXX is incredible. Next up is RAP Music, which I still haven't gotten around to listening to for some reason.

Also, thanks again for the mixes, Ace. The Outkast mix and Caddies & Syrup are awesome driving music.

Aaaand, first court date ever today...
Possession of alcohol age 18-20

Really good. I like the second half, although the skit/intro for Don't Die runs way too long for my tastes.

Master Z

What? That doesn't even make sense.

EDIT: Oh, still salty about that T-Pain thing? He is hot garbage. Sorry. Autotune like that just drives me nuts. Hate that shit. Has nothing to do with popularity.

Case in point. Make one negative point about Drake and you get this shit. Disliking one artist (I even like a couple of his tracks, so stuff the hater shit now) does not mean you don't support artists you do like.

Relax.
Hhahaha I'm far from a Drake fan. The point is what does complaining about any particular artist's success accomplish? Got some critiques about his music? Cool, so do I. But who are you to decide if Drake deserves his success/recognition or not? Why even bother worrying about what Drake does and how popular he is?

WanderingWind

Hhahaha I'm far from a Drake fan. The point is what does complaining about any particular artist's success accomplish? Got some critiques about his music? Cool, so do I. But who are you to decide if Drake deserves his success/recognition or not? Why even bother worrying about what Drake does and how popular he is?

Ah. Well, see. We're on a message board - sometimes referred to as a "forum." Much as in the ancient Roman and Greek times in which the later term was coined, modern forums are used to voice opinions. Unlike those times, however, the modern forum is used to shoot the shit, waste time and basically just talk about stupid things while you procrastinate. Making posts do not indicate a personal vendetta or any particular in depth thought process toward a subject, especially in the realm of entertainment. These things are often said off the cuff and are not proof of any deeper thought process, nor are they indicative of any arbitration thereof.

tl;dr: Fuck Drake.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF I just watched the Canibus vs. Dizaster video.

I'm so confused. Why did this even occur? The hell was going through Canibus' head if he knew he wasn't ready for this shit?

I don't even..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom