• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, I'm 100% hyped for the Nas album

nas cycle be damned, I'm a Sonic fan too so I know how it is

I mean damn that's a hungry assed Rozay verse and he's a big dude!

kamspy

I thought the Nas cover art posted in this thread a while ago was fake....smh

Tracklist checks off the second last box in the cycle. Now we wait for the leak.

Which GAF HOPPER will be Nas' white knight this time? Tune in and find out.

EDIT: damn I didn't even see Spin's post above me.

EDIT 2: I fucks with a tomato sandwich if that shit is out the garden. Little mayo and salt on some toast. Yum. Also, am I the only one who gets DZA and Dom Kennedy mixed up almost all the time? Are they the same dude on some MF DOOM shit?

I dont see why we shouldnt be hyped? Fuck the cycle.

Daughters, Nasty, and accidental murderer are all awesome. The Don has a lame beat but I think its nice in its own way too.

Esch

Banned
i cant lie ive liked all the tracks so far and impressions from listening sessions have been nothing but positive

definitely concerned about the number of soft songs on the album with the features/prod list though, that sort of shit doesnt suit nas at all.

Tokubetsu

I thought the Nas cover art posted in this thread a while ago was fake....smh

Tracklist checks off the second last box in the cycle. Now we wait for the leak.

Which GAF HOPPER will be Nas' white knight this time? Tune in and find out.

EDIT: damn I didn't even see Spin's post above me.

EDIT 2: I fucks with a tomato sandwich if that shit is out the garden. Little mayo and salt on some toast. Yum. Also, am I the only one who gets DZA and Dom Kennedy mixed up almost all the time? Are they the same dude on some MF DOOM shit?

They aren't. They're just both B string rappers. They're what weed carriers strive to be.

I'm not hyped for the new Nas but even if I was, I still wouldn't buy the album. Nas has burned me too many times, I'm too old to be falling for that shit.

CRS

tumblr_m6223rkUx21qcnq1no1_1280.jpg

GAF-Hop, recommend me something for the use of these.

Thanks HiRes.

i cant lie ive liked all the tracks so far and impressions from listening sessions have been nothing but positive

definitely concerned about the number of soft songs on the album with the features/prod list though, that sort of shit doesnt suit nas at all.

I dont disagree though I hope he's kept the best for the actual album.

This album will show the world why....Nas won.

Also I wish Curtis wouldn't try to rap anymore. I'm not the biggest Khalifa fan, but that song 'Telescope' was smooth as fuck until Curtis got on it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This album will show the world why....Nas won.

Also I wish Curtis wouldn't try to rap anymore. I'm not the biggest Khalifa fan, but that song 'Telescope' was smooth as fuck until Curtis got on it.

He killed Riot...so don't really know how you can say you wish he wouldn't rap anymore

Grzi

also no one sees the Gunplay / Juvie comparison?

I see it, wanted to comment on it but I forgot lol
They do have a similar voice, although I feel Gunplay has a better flow (doesn't go off beat as much as Juvenile) and can get more lyrical.
Mad love for Juve though.

Lots of singing on the Nas album. Obviously singing doesn't mean a song can't be hard but a lot of these will be relationship songs. Dunno, I hope this doesn't end up like Common's album. I'm hyped as hell, just cautious

Production list looks dope though.

Esch

Banned
this album is gonna be on some here my dear shit

i have no idea why he decided to make a kelis themed salt album in 2012

so other then that, whats GAF-Hop been listening to lately?

Checked out Sene - Brooklyknight. It's a alright LP and everything, but considering I'd heard Backboards feat. Blu (one of the best songs you'll hear this year) beforehand, it didn't quite live up to expectations.

The other day I bumped El-P - Cancer for Cure, which is bananas. So good.

Gotta get around to OC & Apollo Brown - Trophies. I've heard it's amazing, but I wanna get the disc since it has this golden foil digipak (I'm a sucker for digipaks, lol *sigh*).

New to Gaf btw. Looking forward to talking more hip-hop with you dudes.

Ah, so dope. Gibbs has really shown everyone how versatile he is in 2012. I've been telling people BJ is the new D'Angelo too. Kid is special.

Detox

Nas album is looking good on paper!!!

It is although not sure how real that tracklist is. Someone from the listening sessions mentioned The Train (prod. No ID) which is supposedly vintage storytelling from Nas and it doesn't appear on this list. Although they might have just changed its name to Loco-Motive. The listening sessions also mentioned another Swizz track.

I'm not hyped for the new Nas but even if I was, I still wouldn't buy the album. Nas has burned me too many times, I'm too old to be falling for that shit.

ix3ALIsTach20.gif

Bishman

I saw Killer Mike / El-P last night with T-Guy. The concert was dope as fuck! Everyone should check them out if they come to your city.

Master Z

lol wat? You haven't even heard the album yet. And I for one would rather hear an artist express themselves and truly let us into their mind, heart and soul than hear more of the balla balla archetype bs.

Grzi

The beat for this Gold Alpinas track on the new Dom Kennedy tape is amazing, some real smooth shit.
Too bad he ruins it. Luckily, there's a Rawse verse so it's not all bad.

It is although not sure how real that tracklist is. Someone from the listening sessions mentioned The Train (prod. No ID) which is supposedly vintage storytelling from Nas and it doesn't appear on this list. Although they might have just changed its name to Loco-Motive. The listening sessions also mentioned another Swizz track.

ix3ALIsTach20.gif

The Train=Lo-Co Motion w/Large Pro

Tokubetsu

ix3ALIsTach20.gif

I bought Nastradamus day one okay. If anything, Nas owes ME. He robbed me.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

She must have that killer pootang.

That album cover is a quadruple L.

Like, damn son, you still holding onto Kelis' old clothes, sniffing her dirty panties and shit?

Master Z

She must have that killer pootang.

That album cover is a quadruple L.

Like, damn son, you still holding onto Kelis' old clothes, sniffing her dirty panties and shit?
Yes because the only thing that could ever make a woman so amazing is her vagina. SMH I applaud Nas for having the bravery to seemingly get so personal with this album.

9?! What?!

Nastradamus, 1999. I'm turning 22 in a couple months fwiw. Haha.

It sounds crazy when you say it like that though. I can't believe I was listening to hip hop and punk at that age now that you see 9 year olds listening to stuff like Bieber and One Direction these days.

Grzi

I got 36 chambers as a present when I was 8, and Operation Stackola (the Luniz album) when I was 9.
My English wasn't even good enough for me to understand half the lyrics.

But that was the first time I really fell in love.
Pause

I dont think the Nas album will be salty. I think its more of a "hey, im moving on" type of thing. Like letting go of someone finally. Idk, I hated the album cover before I knew the back story. Now I think it is pretty damn clever.

kamspy

1. No Introduction (Produced by Justice League) -Like Queens get the money, except with a lame Justice League beat.
2. Loco-Motive feat. Large Professor (Produced by No I.D.) -NY State of Mind 2 pt. 2
3. A Queens Story (Produced by Salaam Remi) A listenable track that ultimately felt like something we've heard on Lost Tapes
4. Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross (Produced by No I.D.)Generic Nas beat # 02534321 feat. ROZZAY
5. Daughters (Produced by No I.D.) Even to a guy with 2 daughters, this song doesn't even attempt to tug at a heart string somehow.
6. Reach Out feat. Mary J. Blige (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas) We've heard Nas' R&B efforts. Geneneric sounding beat, heavy handed save the ghetto hook. yeah. Garbage
7. World’s An Addiction feat. Anthony Hamilton (Produced by Salaam Remi) See the above description, but throw in Anthony Hamilton and Nas projecting his vices onto his listeners.
8. Summer On Smash feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)A hook and beat Wale passed on.
9. You Wouldn’t Understand feat. Victoria Monet (Produced by Buckwild)The song's only chance at breaking the Nas R&B cycle (deeper than the Nas album cycle) is Buckwild. Nas will find a way to fumble.
10. Back When (Produced by No I.D.) Another little listenable track that sounds like something that fell off a Lost Tape. Maybe a mention of quarter waters.
11. The Don (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz) It hurts to be right about an artist I like.
12. Stay (Produced by No I.D.)Really Nas? Was the pussy that good? Or are chicks young enough to look good starting to have a hard time remembering where they know you from...
13. Cherry Wine feat. Amy Winehouse (Produced by Salaam Remi)Another ode to Kelis I'm assuming.
14. Bye Baby (Produced by Salaam Remi & 40) Nas steps out of his comfort zone to do some Drake raps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom