• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No Introduction (Produced by Justice League) -Like Queens get the money, except with a lame Justice League beat.
2. Loco-Motive feat. Large Professor (Produced by No I.D.) -NY State of Mind 2 pt. 2
3. A Queens Story (Produced by Salaam Remi) A listenable track that ultimately felt like something we've heard on Lost Tapes
4. Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross (Produced by No I.D.)Generic Nas beat # 02534321 feat. ROZZAY
5. Daughters (Produced by No I.D.) Even to a guy with 2 daughters, this song doesn't even attempt to tug at a heart string somehow.
6. Reach Out feat. Mary J. Blige (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas) We've heard Nas' R&B efforts. Geneneric sounding beat, heavy handed save the ghetto hook. yeah. Garbage
7. World’s An Addiction feat. Anthony Hamilton (Produced by Salaam Remi) See the above description, but throw in Anthony Hamilton and Nas projecting his vices onto his listeners.
8. Summer On Smash feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)A hook and beat Wale passed on.
9. You Wouldn’t Understand feat. Victoria Monet (Produced by Buckwild)The song's only chance at breaking the Nas R&B cycle (deeper than the Nas album cycle) is Buckwild. Nas will find a way to fumble.
10. Back When (Produced by No I.D.) Another little listenable track that sounds like something that fell off a Lost Tape. Maybe a mention of quarter waters.
11. The Don (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz) It hurts to be right about an artist I like.
12. Stay (Produced by No I.D.)Really Nas? Was the pussy that good? Or are chicks young enough to look good starting to have a hard time remembering where they know you from...
13. Cherry Wine feat. Amy Winehouse (Produced by Salaam Remi)Another ode to Kelis I'm assuming.
14. Bye Baby (Produced by Salaam Remi & 40) Nas steps out of his comfort zone to do some Drake raps.
Saltier than anything on "life is good".

kamspy

Saltier than anything on "life is good".

bv6oW.png

sorry to keep jacking this thread with my lameness, but heres a couple more beats. i sent em to riff raff but he hasnt hit me back yet, dont feel like waiting around so i put em on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0n5o7vINTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg75ageSYRk&

just like everyone else said, this is dope...

...so I decided to take a song I wrote last week, and use the same lyrics for Ascension. Seemed to fit pretty well. So here's some summertime balla balla shit for GAF-Hop to enjoy:

Hell Of A Time (Remix).

shout outs were in order of # of posts in the thread...haha

Esch

Banned
yeah if i was over a past relationship id make an album themed around it

especially with me holding my wifes wedding dress on the cover, makes sense right?

on to the next one brehs!

I bought Hip Hop is Dead day one. I'd say you lost out more though.

And how old were you? shit I was 9 when that album came out yo.
Hip Hop is Dead is aight. Has its moments. Black Republican and Cant Forget About You are two of his best songs.

Nastradamus is just straight up, unyielding garbage though, no doubt. And "Untitled/Nigger" sucks.

Esch

Banned
if you're gonna troll at least go for an interesting angle. like kams, see he broke the album down based on past Nas failures and at least got a laugh going.

if you're gonna troll at least go for an interesting angle. like kams, see he broke the album down based on past Nas failures and at least got a laugh going.

That makes sense if I wanted to troll and waste my time by being a bitter old man. Hyperbole aside, this shit breaks the Nas cycle, guarantee it. Also, that track list breakdown got no laughs from me, seemed salty.

I saw Killer Mike / El-P last night with T-Guy. The concert was dope as fuck! Everyone should check them out if they come to your city.
Yup, El-P really killed it seriously and I only like one album from him. Hearing his album live was just something else. Exquire was good too, dude is full of energy

kamspy

Life is Good just seems like a dated label effort. I'm expecting a very formulated label experience in stark contrast with the best of 2012, RAP Music and Control System.

Just a label product, again. We know what Nas needs. This isn't it.

extreme Tity Boy situation.

definition: used to describe the sociological phenomenon where an employee's resume is passed over if it's from someone with an ethnic sounding name.

Ex:

JaQuantay: "Man, I've submitted resumes to 30 companies in the past month, and I haven't gotten any callbacks. I feel like I'm going through an extreme Tity Boy situation right now."

IrishNinja

need to submit extreme tity boy situation to urbandictionary so my fellow crackah-ass-crakahs will follow, fyi

ps ok confession time, i dont think ive listened to ASAP rocky before, at least not sober and i jumped on esha's best of 2012 hip hop playlist right? this goldie shit is the truth.

*edit Reks - Autograph is nice too

Damn....damn, son. I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry.

If you havnt sat down and listend to 808's while faded, than "I" am sorry for you. Shit is the most magical experience a human can be blessed with.From the luscious beats to the hypnotic rhymes, Kanye brought out a masterpiece. One day it will be looked back as Kanye's Sgt.Pepper. I give it about 10-15 years after yeezy overdoses on cocaine and strippers.

iavi

If you havnt sat down and listend to 808's while faded, than "I" am sorry for you. Shit is the most magical experience a human can be blessed with.From the luscious beats to the hypnotic rhymes, Kanye brought out a masterpiece. One day it will be looked back as Kanye's Sgt.Pepper. I give it about 10-15 years after yeezy overdoses on cocaine and strippers.

I haven't had the pleasure, no. I'll get on that and report back.

I sait it everytime but I know GAF hop is slow, so I'll say it again. 808s & Heartbreaks is Kanye West's best album.

If by best, you mean worst next to MBDTF, then yeah, we can kick it.

^Caco, that new beat is clean. Drums sound a little isolated at times, though.

oh you guys... I hope that by 808s you mean MBDTF

if MBDTF has this tracklist then yes, peter, i do mean MBDTF

1. Say You Will
2. Welcome To Heartbreak
3. Heartless
4. Amazing
5. Love Lockdown
6. Paranoid
7. RoboCop
8. Street Lights
9. Bad News
10. See You In My Nightmares
11. Coldest Winter
12. Pinocchio Story (Freestyle Live From Singapore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom