• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

That's okay, I forgive you Peterboy and Miri. Not everybody can be on Tokubetsu's level.

sometimes even toku isn't on tokubetsu's level, haha

MBDTF is a poorly mastered mess with nothing unique to say and somehow he regressed lyrically. I mean, for fuck sake, Kanye fucking sings his heart out on 808's. FUCKING SINGS!!!

singing is one of the worst things that can happen to a rapper sometimes, ask mos def

god damnit

i know

Nah, you just can't get away with this.

LR just didnt stick out to me really compared to his other work. graduation had a lot of songs that i started to appreciate much later so i ranked it higher.

theyre all 9.0+ albums to me if were trying to be like IGN here

FUCK. do i really want to pay $85 to see frank ocean? :| fuck scalpers man

LR just didnt stick out to me really compared to his other work. graduation had a lot of songs that i started to appreciate much later so i ranked it higher.

theyre all 9.0+ albums to me if were trying to be like IGN here

FUCK. do i really want to pay $85 to see frank ocean? :|

I actually really really really dislike Graduation, it does nothing for me. Outside of like 3 or 4 songs, I haven't heard it in awhile though. wtf 85 dollars???

I actually really really really dislike Graduation, it does nothing for me. Outside of like 3 or 4 songs, I haven't heard it in awhile though. wtf 85 dollars???

yeah graduation, outside of flashing lights really didnt do anything for me at first. but i really grew to love champion, everything i am, homecoming, good life, cant tell me nothing and of course, drunk and hot girls lol. when i think of any of his albums, theres usually one song or two that really sticks out, like a pneumonic device or some shit. i dont have anything like that for LR for some reason.

yeah man, frank tickets were $40 but shit is like $85 starting at stubhub. theres also bon iver tickets thats like $90 starting..and theres 600 of these fucking scalped tickets up for sale. shit is so annoying man, really ruins things for fans. im happy i was able to cop tickets for The xx before they were sold out. those are going for 150 now..3x the original price

Graduation is a stinking, runny pile of dog shit. Kanye's worst album fo sho.

Man so I heard ASAP might have a track on his album produced by RZA, featuring Raekwon...
Plus a track produced by Pharrell...
Plus that smooth ass Lana Del Rey track...
Plus Goldie...

I'm hyped as fuck for his album now.
Just a shame we won't get any more Spaceghost bangers like this one :(

CRS

If you havnt sat down and listend to 808's while faded, than "I" am sorry for you. Shit is the most magical experience a human can be blessed with.From the luscious beats to the hypnotic rhymes, Kanye brought out a masterpiece. One day it will be looked back as Kanye's Sgt.Pepper. I give it about 10-15 years after yeezy overdoses on cocaine and strippers.

Sgt. Pepper isn't that perfect of an album. Hell, it isn't in Beatles' top 5.

808s is amazing just for that Tears for Fears sample.

Drive Slow is Kanye's best track.

Sgt. Pepper isn't that perfect of an album. Hell, it isn't in Beatles' top 5.

808s is amazing just for that Tears for Fears sample.

Drive Slow is Kanye's best track.

NO...no...just no. Sgt.Peppers is top 3 Beatles. I used it as a comparison because it was pretty experimental, and is looked upon fondly now. I think it is a pretty good comparison.

CRS

Eh. Maybe top 5 on a good day.

The White Album > Abbey Road > Revolver > A Hard Day's Night = Rubber Soul = Sgt. Peppers

Mos Def has only made two albums: Black On Both Sides and Blackstar. I have no idea what you are referring to.

might meet some ho's homie

startin to come around to you, bigsbys
Irish, I will not lie dude. I read that he said Mos Def had only made two albums and accepted it as a fact and my mind deleted memories of the other albums. It was only till you made this post is when my memories came back.
Eh. Maybe top 5 on a good day.

The White Album > Abbey Road > Revolver > A Hard Day's Night = Revolver = Sgt. Peppers

Maybe it's cheating but really my favorite is the Love(remix) album

CRS

Real talk. I wouldn't consider it an actual album but if I did, #1 every god damn day. It makes it a little difficult to listen to the original versions after listening to the Love album.

Come Together/Dear Prudence with the Cry Baby Cry addition is soooooo fucking good. God like fucking production on that album.

I really wish McCartney flushed out the outro to "Cry Baby Cry". "Can You Take Me Back" not being its own track is a fucking sin.

Esch

Banned
In the Court of the Crimson King> Red> Lark's Tongues in Aspic>...

oh wait, i thought y'all were talking about good music, my bad

Yo Gotti

Banned
I keep losing track of this thread in Community, just finding time to catch up. A few thoughts.

1. New Dom Kennedy, fuck yes. *listening now* Girls on Stage >>>>>

2. New Smoke DZA, fuck yes. Will have to cop this later.

3. Not feeling that new Nas. Too typical. Nas used to be my favorite rapper, but these days he tries so hard to be on that just outside of commercial shit, and he'll probably have another flop ass album because of it. Nothing innovative or interesting here.

4. Late but, gonna check out that Le$ tape.

5. Props to the guy above for reminding me about Everything I Am. Gotta agree on that being my favorite Kanye song.

6. Stoned Immaculate disappointed me a bit, but at the same time Curren$y hasn't had a release full of bangers in a while. I feel like he's running out of shit to talk about.

That is all.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
9mV20.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Beyonce moshing
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhE6P18ydT3M1Pa4V1

Admit it, if you saw Beyonce moshing you'd cop a feel

I am assuming that was broadcast live on France TV. I don't get how that shit can't seem to happen in the U.S. Broadcast rights/licensing seems so restricitng here. Hell, the Jay/Eminem show still hasn't seen the light of day on video.

Another example. I have no idea why Fox or HBO or someone can't show a live concert here. Thanks for posting. But it is laughable at the "band" "playing". That was straight mp3/flac going on in the Watch The Throne tour.

I wonder if Jay paid off that Clearchannel loan yet. Being "rich" is a motha at times.

Was listening to Gunplay's Haters ain't a problem and I just noticed that Pill is featured on a track called Don't Let Me Go. Shit had me laughing for a bit.

Also late reply Ace, but it's been too long since I've heard Juvie to make that comparison

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kanye cycle again? Well goddamn.
College Dropout is the only good album. He has other great songs on LR and Graduation, but the albums themselves aren't solid enough for me to bother with all these years later. CD remains a favorite simply for the memories attached to it. Reminds me of senior year of college, riding through southern florida. Still can't stand jesus walks though.

It's time for lists
Top 4 albums of the first half of 2012

1. Killer Mike : RAP music
I like El-p the producer, El-p the rapper doesn't do much for me. I understand why he has passionate fans. If you like that train of thought style he is right up your alley. But I only have enough patience for one of those kind of rappers and I'd rather listen to Aesop. So throw one of my favorite voices over El-P production and you have my aoty so far. It goes hard from start to finish, doesn't over stay it's welcome, and never sounds repetitive or generic.
Four standout tracks (if I had to pick): Butane, Don't Die, Anywhere but here, R.A.P. Music

2. Big Krit : Live from the underground
I keep expecting the album to suddenly just run out of steam and to understand what so many gaffers are complaining about. I may be the greatest person on earth but even I can acknowledge that when enough posters whose taste I usually agree with say the album is disappointing, chances are it probably is. But it just isn't in this case. Outside of praying man there isn't a single sub 3 star track on the album. But fuck it, it's been talked about to death.
Four standout tracks (if I had to pick): Live from the underground, My sub 2, if I fall, I got this

3. David Banner : Sex, Drugs, And Video Games
Probably due to the fact I got it same time I got RAP music, I dismissed the fuck out of this tape at first. It wasn't until I found myself lost in the middle of bumfuck nowhere riding through the country looking at motherfucking cows and barns and shit that it got it's chance to shine. With nothing to do, look at, or think about, I let the album play from start to finish and realized there isn't a weak link on the entire damn thing. In my mind it's his most solid effort to date.
Four standout tracks (if I had to pick): No choice, Swag remix, Work, Believe

4. Chiddy Bang : Breakfast
Look bitches, sometimes I like corny shit. And I won't even deny it, this album is corny as fuck. Some of it sounds like a bright yellow bag filled with fucking kittens swinging on some chick's arm as she skips through a field of dandelions on her way to a hug convention. I can't even listen to some of this shit without feeling like a bitch. But fuck you, I like it.
Four standout tracks (if I had to pick): Talking to myself, Whatever we want, handclaps and guitars, mind your manners

Almost but not quite

Lute : West1996
Production is ridiculously good, and Lute is a solid rapper but he's just not quite there. There are too many inconsistencies in his lyrical quality. And the sound quality is atrocious.

Brother Ali : The bitemarked heart
Everything on here is great, but I need some more angry brother ali to balance the softer ali.

E40 : the block brochure
So much quality, still too much filler. Would have been a lock for top 3 if he scaled it down.

Joey Badass : 1999
his name is a dumb as fuck, but he's dope. Need to give it more listens though.

the kickdrums : follow the leader
the hip hop parts are great, the singing parts are awful.

Terry Urban : Born ready to die
A lot of mash ups are either fun for a few listens or just plain dogshit. Occasionally you get a mash up album that is done so well you forget at times it's a mash up. This is one of those. If it wasn't just a mashup album it would be top 5 easy.

Worst of the year
Nicki Minaaj - Roman's load in my mouth Whatever that garbage was called
Meek Mill - Dream Chasers 2

Stop mispronouncing the name of your own fucking label award
MMG

Lil B award of are you motherfuckers serious?
Chief Keef

Most annoying song I can't stop listening to award

Snapbacks and tattoos Snapbacks and tattoos Snapbacks and tattoos Snapbacks and tattoos
Snapbacks and tattoos Snapbacks and tattoos Snapbacks and tattoos Snapbacks and tattoos

I shouldn't like you, you are a fucking idiot...but damnit I do award
2 Chaaaaiinzzzzz

These motherfuckers would be getting dangled off a fucking balcony 20 years ago award
The entire rap game.

I haven't had time for much music this year. Just too much going on.

Tokubetsu

ASAP Rocky is better than Schooboy Q and chiddy bang has one of the best albums of 2012 so far.

Seriously, you're the worst Siddx. I miss Recon.

I like LFTU about as much as you though. So at least we see eye to eye on that.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ASAP Rocky is better than Schooboy Q and chiddy bang has one of the best albums of 2012 so far.

Seriously, you're the worst Siddx. I miss Recon.

I like LFTU about as much as you though. So at least we see eye to eye on that.

Well shit I went to an Atmosphere concert on friday, at least I didn't annoy everyone with a massive post about how awesome they were.
They really were fucking phenomenal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom