• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodecraft

9388_f3df.gif

Haha.

JEKKI

I dont post / read here enough...

recent music that I really enjoy that isnt the two El-P records that every1 prolly already heard!!

click an image to goto youtube!

I dont like it as much as Main Source, but it's still good.

I think ppl in this thread are fans of Ab-Soul?? I needa listen to this Schoolboy Q everyone keeps talkn about...

love Oddisee!!! so good!!

dont think I heard of this guy Sene before... then he comes and releases one of my year's favorite records!!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Haven't listened to any non hip hop in a long fucking time. I don't have the time for music like I used to, I have to ration that shit.

coldvein

Banned
Friend saw El-P years ago and said he was fall down pass out drunk and managed to rock the house. Saw him again much later and he was sober and shat the place up. So apparently El-P needs to be drunk as fuck to not suck ass live.

i saw el p once, it was boring as hell. i think he's playing here soon and i am definitely not going.

kamspy

I got mad love for Dez. We're going to the KRIT show in July. It's gonna be an event. I'm in rare form since finding out I have to live the rest of my life off the grid like a boxcar hobo.

EDIT: We're also probably gonna spend at least an hour or two in jail. Overnight at the most. At least for Dez...

Tokubetsu

I think Des is cool with a little jail time. He knew fucking the trailer chick was gonna lead him there eventually. Slippery slope!

Esch

Banned
lol they way we talk in here, I'd love to see Devo stuck her nose in here and have a fucking aneurysm.

She can fuck my OT into political correctness but she can't take my Gaf hop, oh lord please no

That post was inspired by kams telling me to pee on a chick at Mardi Gras a few months back, god blesssssss

siddx

She can fuck my OT into political correctness but she can't take my Gaf hop, oh lord please no

That post was inspired by kams telling me to pee on a chick at Mardi Gras a few months back, god blesssssss

If any non regular got all nosy and fucked things up for us in here I think that would probably be the end of gaf for me in general.

knock on wood

If any non regular got all nosy and fucked things up for us in here I think that would probably be the end of gaf for me in general.

knock on wood

yeah no doubt. It feels like you have to tread so damn lightly around Devo threads or anything with debate these days. This thread feels like the last bastion of FUCKSHITCUNTBITCH

..umm sorry for my tourettes.

edit: damn this Cloud Nothings album is good.

2012 ish
When thinking of the non Hip-Hop stuff I've been digging I realise this year has been pretty lean for me.....

AIR-le-voyage-dans-la-lune.jpg

artworks-000024169699-i5achh-crop.jpg

(Hip-Hop-esque I guess...???)

badbadnotgood-bbng2.jpg

womack.jpg

artworks-000024940504-775x26-crop.jpg

Fiona-Apple-The-Idler-Wheel-album-cover.jpg

Santigold-400x400.jpg

(Santigold - Master of my Make Believe)

1335703822_apollon-deti-na-holme.jpg

YUNA_SELF-TITLED_COVERDIGI1-615x615.jpg

siddx

...SGP can't freestyle for shit

You know, even though I want to make a dickish comment about SGP in relation to freestyling, honestly I can't freestyle for shit either. I over analyze every goddamn word and end up halfway through a sentence, pausing, and thinking "hmmm no it would be so much better if I said it this way instead".
I can do very basic stuff, just narrate a nonsensical story or make observations with simple as fuck rhymes, but to do anything impressive is beyond my obsessive compulsive over-thinking over-analyzing self.

desa

Been bumpin Oddisee - People Hear What They See. Some real nice production. Weakest track to me is Maybes. Overall great album. I can bump this from beginning to end.

SKINNER!

Banned
Nas's "Life is Good" tracklist has been released.
1. No Introduction (Produced by Justice League)
2. Loco-Motive feat. Large Professor (Produced by No I.D.)
3. A Queens Story (Produced by Salaam Remi)
4. Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross (Produced by No I.D.)
5. Daughters (Produced by No I.D.)
6. Reach Out feat. Mary J. Blige (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas)
7. World’s An Addiction feat. Anthony Hamilton (Produced by Salaam Remi)
8. Summer On Smash feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)
9. You Wouldn’t Understand feat. Victoria Monet (Produced by Buckwild)
10. Back When (Produced by No I.D.)
11. The Don (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz)
12. Stay (Produced by No I.D.)
13. Cherry Wine feat. Amy Winehouse (Produced by Salaam Remi)
14. Bye Baby (Produced by Salaam Remi & 40)

Bonus Tracks for Deluxe Edition:

15. Nasty (Produced by Salaam Remi)
16. The Black Bond (Produced by Salaam Remi)
17. Roses (Produced by Al Shux)
18. Where’s The Love feat. Cocaine 80s (Produced by No I.D.)

Bonus track for iTunes: Trust (Produced by Boi 1da)
Bonus track for Japan: The Don (Don Dada Remix) (Produced by Salaam Remi & Heavy D)

Source

siddx

It's an interesting cut but Killer Mike's RAP Music has comparable production values with better lyricism and energy across tracks.

C4C is pretty boring all told.

What this wise fellow said

Esch

Banned
C4C is dope you simpletons

it just suffers from El-P not having the ability to carry an album through as an emcee, its flawed but still piff

Full Retard--->The Jig Is Up is a godly run of songs

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Favorite non-hip-hop albums this year, go.

Me= Oceania by the smashing pumpkins

I literally have a single not hip hop 2012 release in my laptop.

Air - Le voyage dans la lune

And I don't even like that very much. But I still listen to a ton of stuff released before this years. It's like I just haven't been paying attention in '12. My listening hasn't been this heavily focused on Hip-Hop since the mid-90s.

I'm going to check out some of the stuff from your lists. Probably start with new Fiona Apple.

fake edit - just deleted the shitty Air album

cdyhybrid

Finally got a new job so I can pick up some stuff I've been missing. Almost through LFTU right now. I see how the hooks are repetitive, but it didn't really bother me unless I focused on it. Really liking it, but I think there's definitely a little room to improve. I think his next album will be incredible.

Esch

Banned
listened to C4C again in the car again today and the verdict is you guys are still wrong

i daresay this is the hardest thumpingest piece of hip hop a white man has ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom