• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate it man. Thanks for everyone who showed love. I'm really losing it right now. Don't know what to do. Seriously have no way of keeping up my cost of living and that outrageous child support payment. Turns out they go back 3 years. Well, 3 years ago I was making $60k. Now I'm on unemployment. Yeah, I'm fucked.

God damn. I'm sorry man. Are you actually considering going back into the trap (I'm assuming you've done this before, right?)? I know times are hard but don't do it dawg. I got out easy luckily, but some people aren't so lucky.

edit: well I wasn't in that deep anyways. Have you considered taking a job in your field out of town (where the jobs are)?

The amount I have to pay a month is just stupid. Ends are barely even close to meeting by legal means as is.

Streets is calling. And not in a cool / hey look I'm a thug way. There's a reason they call it the trap.

I don't know WTF to do. I'm seriously fucked unless I go illegal. No way around it.
Damn that's so fucked up. Really is such a messed up system for real. You gotta do what you gotta do, just be careful tho.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real talk: Irish is probably the least likely person in GAF-Hop to get banned. Him and Peter probably.

*pours out a little liquor*

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I still want to know why he got banned, cause I didn't see shit in that obamacare thread that would earn him one.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He didn't even make a joke or anything. Nothing even outside of crazy for even system wars threads....somebody just fucking axed somebody at random.

EDITED: Just listened to "Bitch Bad." ...goddammit Lupe. You took your own hot line and made a shit song. God job, Lil Debbie.

iavi

Do any of y'all use Spotify Premium on the mobile and find the premium worth it? It seems the ghetto Android app recently received an update that turned into into an Ice Cream Sandwich masterpiece, and it's tempting. The app barely worked when I used my free trial, so I basically wasted the thing on avoiding ads.

Esch

Banned
Whoa. New Alchemist is really really great. I've only heard half of it back and forth from class, but its a stellar effort. I'm willing to call it an AOTY contender on strength of the execution of concept alone. Great, unique sound. He is a master of working the strings.

You know how someone a couple pages back said that they wished Alc would work on some more high profile/budget projects? I don't see how that would ever work out without a huge style change up. the guy's M.O. is underground, and its great.

Buying it.

EDIT: Danny Brown raped and pillaged that Flight Confirmation track. He made Schoolboy look like Lil B status.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Whoa. New Alchemist is really really great. I've only heard half of it back and forth from class, but its a stellar effort. I'm willing to call it an AOTY contender on strength of the execution of concept alone. Great, unique sound. He is a master of working the strings.

You know how someone a couple pages back said that they wished Alc would work on some more high profile/budget projects? I don't see how that would ever work out without a huge style change up. the guy's M.O. is underground, and its great.

Buying it.

EDIT: Danny Brown raped and pillaged that Flight Confirmation track. He made Schoolboy look like Lil B status.
The 2 minute tracks sort of mess me up though. Love the concept.

MThanded

I just looked back through IrishNinja's post history for a few posts. I don't see shit.

Who dun it

Esch

Banned
according to the gaf hop fb group he caught a ban fade for calling michelle bachman a dumb broad, bong bong.

recon also sends his regrets on sending out pictures of his junk to underage posters, he has since repealed his ways

MThanded

according to the gaf hop fb group he caught a ban fade for calling michelle bachman a dumb broad, bong bong.

recon also sends his regrets on sending out pictures of his junk to underage posters, he has since repealed his ways
Now we can't say dumb broad. That's a pretty tame insult. Even tame by GAF standards.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Bachman is a dumb broad though. And an evil twisted twat of a human being that should be locked in a room for the rest of her days. Fuck that ban.

CRS

Do any of y'all use Spotify Premium on the mobile and find the premium worth it? It seems the ghetto Android app recently received an update that turned into into an Ice Cream Sandwich masterpiece, and it's tempting. The app barely worked when I used my free trial, so I basically wasted the thing on avoiding ads.

I do and it's really great. Before the giant refresh, it was an average to bad application but now it's a whole new app and pretty flawless. Just give it a try for a month and if no good then cancel the subscription. Even before the update, I've gotten my money's worth every month.

The 2 minute tracks sort of mess me up though. Love the concept.
Like Esch said, it helps with the album as a whole. This album is not for people that pick random songs and move on. I doubt he'll do well commercially with it because he doesn't have a radio single on there but that's never been his MO. He made a concept album and stuck with it from intro to outro. Probably the most solid album I've heard this year. (I've listened to very little this year.)

Calm the fuck down, the big boi joint isn't that good.

Peace to Kams.
Didn't like the track either.

CRS

I agree Brown killed it, but don't compare Q to Lil B. Please. He semi-killed it.

tumblr_m6d0nr8Cpe1r03eaxo1_500.gif

Lil B > Q

iavi

I do and it's really great. Before the giant refresh, it was an average to bad application but now it's a whole new app and pretty flawless. Just give it a try for a month and if no good then cancel the subscription. Even before the update, I've gotten my money's worth every month.

Yeah, I just said 'what the hell' and went with it. This app is damn solid.

Esch

Banned
the whole concept of kanye fronting on some god mc shit has me in tears

edit: Chuuwee really ripped his guest feature on Alchemist's album

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Concentrated hype.

This one is off the album too, apparently.

I've been waiting for a kanye, pusha only song for a while now. Every time they do a song it's always a lame 3rd or 4th wheel feature on the track too. Please be everything I dreamed of.

MThanded

They need to drop that New God Flow and quit faking.

KanyeWest.com must be getting hammered right now because I can't seem to load it.

Esch

Banned
RZA's movie looks way better than it probably has any right to be.

Red Band Trailer:
http://youtu.be/a7l3okIqnCg

Also Lucy Liu is fucking 44 years old. Crazy. Still smangable.

As Gaf-HOP's resident combination kung fu movie stan/wushu practitioner/wu stan I'm honestly very lukewarm on it. The best wuxia flicks are the minimalist ones, overload them with nonsensical wire-fu, special effects, mystic powers bullshit and the actual strength of the movie goes in the gutter. That being said that kind of flick is exactly what american audiences want out of kung fu movies, so this might actually do very very well. It also has Lucy Liu for all the yellow fever people out there (she is a middling actor), russell crowe for all the white boys who wont see a martial arts movie without a white guy getting his Last Samurai on. And quentin, of course.

Its so strange that both Tarantino and the RZA went with something so visually bombastic and effects centric because both of them are fans of the old school shaw brothers shit and id expect a flick from them to pay more homage.

I'll see it because its the RZA and Tarantino but im honestly not impressed so far. It just looks like many of the tropes i hate from the genre condensed.

MThanded

Also, I just realized that the GOOD music compilation Cruel Summer is dropping on my birthday. Cray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom