• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

While the first half of this year seemed a bit light on big name retail releases it's insane how many we're getting in the back half of this year.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I wonder how bisexual its gonna be...like...female perspective songs or some real pause material

I dunno, It's exciting none the less to see an up and coming artist (even if he is pretty cemented into the pop arena) take that kind of leap with their material and do it without making a big deal about it.

cacophony

whoever wrote that Frank Ocean article is a moron. I'm sure hes just singing from a female's perspective. jesus christ. but even if he is who gives a shit

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gaf-Hop is in a perpetual facetious state. Nobody here truly harbors any hate for any artist. If anybody here met Drake in person, or any artist that they criticize they'd just nod their head, give a dap and be out.

I called LL Cool J an asshole to his face...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
whoever wrote that Frank Ocean article is a moron. I'm sure hes just singing from a female's perspective. jesus christ. but even if he is who gives a shit

nice edit. Whether he is doing it from a female perspective or not, not sure why the writer is a moron for pointing out their thoughts on the material and what they took away from it.

We haven't heard it so we can't really say....

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fuck, I must be the only one not spazzing out over that Nas. I like it, and Nas goes in, but that beat does fuck all for me. And I usually dig No ID.

I feel the same. Different strokes and all that.

Today I have been turning back the clock with this -

Wiz_Khalifa_Curreny_How_Fly-front-large.jpg

And some vintage TI - "I'm Serious (Lil Jon Remix) . Why can't TI come with that kind of fire ever again? I like 2 of the newest singles he put out, but I'm Serious is CLASSIC.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Gaf-Hop is in a perpetual facetious state. Nobody here truly harbors any hate for any artist. If anybody here met Drake in person, or any artist that they criticize they'd just nod their head, give a dap and be out.

Met Carl Thomas at a mall in Pittsburgh, and he got visibly pissed when all I gave him was a head nod. Highlight of my life.

HiResDes

I'm feeling Plug or Turntable tonight ya'll, but I don't think I'll be playing rap...Been listening to so much in the past week getting ready

CRS

lol Riff raff used the audio from the fucking video for the track i gave him on his new mixtape. smdh

http://www.mixtapetrap.com/component/muscol/D/21-dj-fletch/733-riff-raff-summer-of-surf

im just gonna drop an instrumental tape & whoever wants to use em can use em. fuck a rapper

What song?

Also, yessssssss.

I'm feeling Plug or Turntable tonight ya'll, but I don't think I'll be playing rap...Been listening to so much in the past week getting ready
I'm down.

HiResDes

Well I got this idea in my head to host a Plug.DJ room with all of my favorite groups in music GAF squaring off in musical battle royale. I've invited Pop-Gaf/Gaf-Hop/Electronic-Gaf, and all of the happening dudes in the listening thread. I hope this room keeps going until the A.M.'s, and I also hope somebody else shows up, but I have high hopes that this will turnout decent at least.

Here's the room: Music Is Fun

...If you'd like to DJ at any point and don't want to wait, just ask me, I will give you my spot. I will be super accommodating, anyone that wants to DJ will have a chance I promise. The more DJs the better.
What's plug all about? Is it accessible for those outside of the US?
Yes

CRS

Also, since people are talking about Cancer 4 Cure, Exquire for best verse of 2012 on Oh Hail No. Ruthless shit.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
New God Flow. I'm feeling it.

Cruel summer drops on my birthday.

Edit: from a production pov this track is really a return to form IMO. Remiscent of older kanye. Clean.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Good day for music. That Nas is a lost Illmatic track and that Kanye is the Kanye I missed. Bragging, full of himself but without the sparkles and faux leopard skin lyrics.

Still....going to cut the last 15 seconds off that New God Flow.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good day for music. That Nas is a lost Illmatic track and that Kanye is the Kanye I missed. Bragging, full of himself but without the sparkles and faux leopard skin lyrics.

Still....going to cut the last 15 seconds off that New God Flow.
Get out of my brain fool ,the GF and I were just talking about how we could fix that using the iTunes playback settings.

WanderingWind

Get out of my brain fool ,the GF and I were just talking about how we could fix that using the iTunes playback settings.

It wouldn't be Kanye without some extra silly shit somewhere, you know? But I ain't got to listen to it.

I have hopes for Kanye coming back to form. But, I had those same hopes after Power...and that was the only "old" Kanye track on MDFTESMDMAQ

Whats the old Kanye, dude has changed tones on every album practically. Old Kanye to me is College Dropout and all his dope guest apperances around that time and that Kanye is long dead.

WanderingWind

Whats the old Kanye, dude has changed tones on every album practically. Old Kanye to me is College Dropout and all his dope guest apperances around that time and that Kanye is long dead.

Old Kanye = Before he lost his mind and started singing like a robot and starting rhyming about crystal chandeliers and fashionista advice and whatnot.

Man Ross must be salty. Released another lack luster single on the same day Nas and Kanye dropped bombs that had twitter going crazy

(although I'm not really feeling God Flow)

Trey

Old Kanye = Before he lost his mind and started singing like a robot and starting rhyming about crystal chandeliers and fashionista advice and whatnot.

808s was good, man. That was an acceptable experimental album for me. MBDTF feels pretentious. I can only take a few verses (bars, really) seriously and none of the songs flow together.

Esch

Banned
Man Ross must be salty. Released another lack luster single on the same day Nas and Kanye dropped bombs that had twitter going crazy

(although I'm not really feeling God Flow)

GFID is looking
lholmes.png
right now to be honest, if I were Ross I'd put the whole jawn back in the oven for...well..till it stops sounding irrelevant.

:russ: at dudes renouncing frank ocean and odd future on the coli

Ross looking just like Young Jeezy a few months before TM103 lmao. All these singles have sucked. I'm starting to worry about GFID. Initially I figured a couple ehh singles weren't gonna be a big deal...but here we are with like 6 in a row.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
New God Flow really made me realize how much I'm starting to dislike Pusha T rapping with Kanye (I don't like aside). He really needs that perspective his brother brings to balance his shit. Yeezy isn't doing it. :/ Though, that last verse from Yeezy reminded me of some Late Registration type of shit (more like this plz).

PBY

Banned
So... This album is pure brilliance. Flo Rida knows his lane like pitbull, and he does his thing. Party album brilliance. Poppy mix tracks all up in this bitch.
flo-rida-wild-ones-cover.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom