• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

//B1G

Banned
you just gotta have the knack for it. the weight adds so much depth to the gameplay, makes shooting/killing/strafing take a lot more skill and effort instead of the winner of a duel being whoever jammed the trigger first.

Gorillaz

God Killzone 3 was such a disappointment from Killzone 2....I brought that up in the LTTP thread in Gaming.

Killzone 3 took everything away that made Killzone 2 (servers,full clan support, weapon setup) good, just to chase dat cod crowd.

Esch

Banned
God Killzone 3 was such a disappointment from Killzone 2....I brought that up in the LTTP thread in Gaming.

Killzone 3 took everything away that made Killzone 2 (servers,full clan support, weapon setup) good, just to chase dat cod crowd.

Yep... Shameless paper chase.

should have come out much later, it needed more time in a lot of respects. Polished, playable game but nowhere near as memorable

@Net_Wrecker, I feel ya, but FEAR at the end of the day falls apart feelwise in that your character still feels like a gun on a swivelstick rather than a dudebrah with a gun.

True, but that aspect is a product of 2005 design. PC developed games were still very much using that snappy feel without really taking into account the weight or momentum of the character. The actual act of shooting weapons, enemies being hit, and environmental effects are all still top notch and yet to be topped in a major way.

iDHcY2zzH5LFv.gif

Straight John Woo shotguns.

Last one they made was MW3, which I just got a couple weeks ago. The campaign was better than BLOPS and MW2 IMO, and I dig the small refinements made to MP leveling. Maps are nice too, but I didn't start really playing til I had both the Content Packs, so who knows, maybe they sucked before then. I don't even know which ones are "stock".

I know they shit one out every year, and I should hate that, but I've played the fuck out of every one and got my monies worth. /shrug

That's fine, and I get it. The novelty just wore off on me like any yearly series. I'd have the same criticism of Madden, Assassin's Creed, and whatever else. I get bored after 2 years of what's basically the same thing. On top that, every other shooter is trying to emulate the CoD design. It really kills my urge to play shooters.

And uhhhh, hip-hop, boom bap, #ballaballa, trap. There, now I'm on topic.

Gorillaz

Yep... Shameless paper chase.

should have come out much later, it needed more time in a lot of respects. Polished, playable game but nowhere near as memorable

I thought the same...I mean I remember leading up to release people were trying to save Killzone 3
Alpha Stage
Private Beta Stage
Public Beta Stage
I still played it and liked it partly...but it felt like an "F you" to the Killzone 2 people.

BF3 audio is great, but I still think COD has the best gun models. That Remington logo on the side of the ACR is sweet.

dont you have a high end rig? BF3 with dx11, maxed out is a beast. Only other shooters that are arguably better looking are Metro 33 and Crysis 2.

kamspy

FEAR is the best playing SP shooter ever. Best shotguns ever (MOH 2010 comes shockingly close, only good thing about the game).

I just think COD has the best overall package. I can go from desktop to boots on the ground in less than 60 seconds. That means a lot to me. Get a quick game in anytime.

Esch

Banned
FEAR gunplay is really god status. Freshman year before I'd go to class id wake up a lil early, pop an adderall, and go blast apart some soldiers. The AI, the guns, all of it. I have some gripes with the game, like really repetitive environments and a couple disappointing guns, but overall its a classic imo.

best use of bullet time ever.

http://www.plug.dj/music-is-fun/ playing w/e now

IrishNinja

i made the mistake of playing F.E.A.R. launch year on PS3, hot mess that ruined the experience for me.

bioshock infinite, whenever that happens, = next FPS i give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about. brb gonna go show my dong in Uno

//B1G

Banned
i'm downloading the first FEAR right now, never played it outside the PS3 demo either.
i don't think the ragdoll physics are going to be killzone's though honestly.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck your fancy smancy modern FPS games, I stick with Blood as my favorite FPS of all time.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
New Aesop Rock is floating around... haven't listened, but the general thoughts are that it's solid. A feature from Kimya Dawson though is intriguing to me. Guess them two are working on a project together right now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Lol i basically posted the same thing a few posts up. Not hating tho, especially w/ that Jesse avy.

You should really give it a listen, so good.

haha, i scrubbed through the page really quick because everyone was talking about fuckin guns and shit. Sorry that I missed it, but yeah, I'm gunna give it a listen either tomorrow or on monday on my commute to work.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck your fancy smancy modern FPS games, I stick with Blood as my favorite FPS of all time.
This is the god damn truth. My friend and I used to play 1 on 1 dial up matches on this game every Sunday night for like 3 hours. So good.

fb5130-marcberg-cover-small.jpg

First album from dude after hearing him on that new Alchemist album. Kind of boring but not bad.

His style is an acquired taste although the album has many songs that anyone could appreciate imo (Snow, Ridin Around, Don Shit, Raw Deal). Personally I think the album is amazing. There are some eh tracks but overall it's beyond solid, and the production is great. It really convinced me I need to get an MPC, moreso than any album I've heard before. From what I understand, he collected samples over the years and hooked up the loops/drums when it was time to record. I know I could do something like that. Probably not as dope, but I want to make 90s style gritty NY beats on an MPC before I die.

His style is an acquired taste although the album has many songs that anyone could appreciate imo (Snow, Ridin Around, Don Shit, Raw Deal). Personally I think the album is amazing. There are some eh tracks but overall it's beyond solid, and the production is great.

Totally with you fam. This album gave me flashbacks to that gritty mid-90s ish, especially appreciated given in this day and age.

Dude has been around for ages (The Heist on Anarchy) and it was great that this LP was his way to make a name for himself. One of the best of 2010.

IrishNinja

Half Life 2 isn't all that. Good night

ahaha, tguy is no stranger to gaming side...my dude knew where to drop this bomb to avoid controversy. you could literally name an amazon sale thread with this title and see 10 pages of hate.

music gaf still goin strong late into the night

word? my grrl's shit finally tied up man, gonna check back just in case!

wait a second, its gaf-pop and sleepytime CRS, ya'll tricked me

Dereck

His style is an acquired taste although the album has many songs that anyone could appreciate imo (Snow, Ridin Around, Don Shit, Raw Deal). Personally I think the album is amazing. There are some eh tracks but overall it's beyond solid, and the production is great. It really convinced me I need to get an MPC, moreso than any album I've heard before. From what I understand, he collected samples over the years and hooked up the loops/drums when it was time to record. I know I could do something like that. Probably not as dope, but I want to make 90s style gritty NY beats on an MPC before I die.
Damn, I didn't know album was self produced.

KAL2006

Banned
So the last 2 collaboration albums I have listened to "Distant Relatives" and "Watch the Throne", were excellent. Also both tours were excellent, because the artists played all their solo hits as well as material from their joint album. So GafHop, what collaboration albums would you like.

Theophilus London and Childish Gambino: the boring shitty rapper tape
But forreal: Schoolboy Q and 50 Cent or ASAP Rocky

edit; wenis you bastard! Those gifs are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom