• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amazing
TNGHT+(Hudson+Mohawke+&+Lunice)+-+TNGHT+EP.jpg

GOT..............DAYUM

This is some "wake up someone in the next state" kind of production.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I am looking forward to Big Sant's album. Heard some of his features and he sounds hungry. I likes it.

Killa is good too. Check out his mixtape "Candy Paint and Texas Plates 2" if you want to get a taste of what he is all about.

On Big Sant yeah definitely. That album is bound to have lots of K.R.I.T. production on it as well so should be good times. I've got both Candy Paint and Texas Plates editions just looking forward to another Kyleon project with all original production.

nice, make sure to post the shit when the video's up

No problem man. As a matter of fact I actually found another video they dropped a couple of months back apparently. Below this is said video...

The Underachievers - So Devilish

is it just me or is Azealia Bank's FANTASEA incredible? What is GAF-Hops consensus?

Incredibly uneven, the poor tracks are pretty damn forgettable whilst the good track verge on very good to great. Best tracks for me are:

Atlantis
Fantasea
Fierce
Chips
Nathan
Jumanji
Aquababe
Luxury

If she rolled these into the 1991 EP she might've had the most solid release of the year.
As it stands she has a short and rather insignificant EP and an extremely uneven mixtape.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If women in hip hop were a body part, they'd be a beat up roast beef sandwich looking vagina. And Azealia Banks would be the herpes on that gina.

We need more Mc Lyte and less dumb twats with silly accents.

Azealia Banks can rap, let's not kid ourselves. Great flow, some decent lyrics at time, and interesting production. Too bad she'll likely enter the corporate machine and be turned into a Nicki Minaj

I apologise for having quality control and not seemingly liking every single rapper who has ever released a mixtape.
Point me in the direction of Danny Brown tracks that sound like Fantasea, Jumanji or even Fuck Up The Fun.....

She already has, total gay baiter.

I don't think that's the same. Minaj isn't chasing gay listeners, she's just doing what the market wants. Banks' music is far more...house/electronic than Minaj's though, which is just the traditional electronic stuff heard on the radio today.

My problem with Banks has more to do with her attitude, and the race baiting she is using against Iggy Azalea

Esch

Banned
Azealia Banks can rap, let's not kid ourselves. Great flow, some decent lyrics at time, and interesting production. Too bad she'll likely enter the corporate machine and be turned into a Nicki Minaj

fucking terrible monotone delivery that renders a decent flow pointless

HiResDes

Minaj is totally chasing gay listeners, you're really naive. She was after the Gaga market from the start, but initially used a more urban edge. She promoted herself as a bisexual who leaned mostly towards women, though that doesn't seem to be the case, and many of her lyrics contained cross-gender explicitness such as, "If I had a dick, I would pull it out and piss on 'em." Think about Azealia, aren't her lyrics drawn from the same blueprint.

Esch

Banned
Minaj is totally chasing gay listeners, you're really naive. She was after the Gaga market from the start, but initially used a more urban edge. She promoted herself as a bisexual who leaned mostly towards women, though that doesn't seem to be the case, and many of her lyrics contained cross-gender explicitness such as, "If I had a dick, I would pull it out and piss on 'em." Think about Azealia, aren't her lyrics drawn from the same blueprint.

win.png

siddx

I will check out PE, but Chuck D's old-man bitterness pisses me off.

What old man bitterness? I've heard little to nothing in the way of bitterness from Chuck, are you just assuming that all old rappers are bitter?

I took her bisexual flirting to be more aimed at straight dudes than gay dudes...

Interesting a lot of gay dudes in the pop thread don't seem to think she's aiming at them, or even that good. And her new album is way more aimed at general Katy Perry pop sensibilities than anything else.

siddx

Nicki is aimed at the same audience as Katy Perry, little girls who will squeal and get all giddy over the colorful wigs and silly outfits. Which makes those two shitstains even more repulsive since their subject matter is not appropriate for the age group they are very clearly marketed towards.

//B1G

Banned

sick, but idk, denzel needs to practice spitting fast more. he doesn't do the style right, the timing is all messed up

@toku all your samples are so short!
> aye here's to your beat lol
i could keep it going but its wack already

son of sam, stick you quick dude like i got a hundred hands
hit you with that brick feel like a thunder slam. another? damn
from the motherland, wads of stacks wrapped up in rubberbands
coming like a running dam, make you crumble like a ton of sand

Tokubetsu

sick, but idk, denzel needs to practice spitting fast more. he doesn't do the style right, the timing is all messed up

@toku all your samples are so short!
> aye here's to your beat lol
i could keep it going but its wack already

son of sam, stick you quick dude like i got a hundred hands
hit you with that brick feel like a thunder slam. another? damn
from the motherland, wads of stacks wrapped up in rubberbands
coming like a running dam, make you crumble like a ton of sand

Trust me, something I'm conscious of. It's mainly because I learned to chop samples/make beats four bars at a time. Just something i wanted to let go quick since im out of town for a week and some change starting tomorrow.

Detox

Ice-T's film The Art of Rap got 96% on Rottentomatoes, seems the only problems are it just focuses on exactly what it says in the title: rapping, emceeing not on hip hop in a wider context which is fine by me. It only had one screening in the UK, not sure how wide the US release is.

Recon

Banned
Ice-T's film The Art of Rap got 96% on Rottentomatoes, seems the only problems are it just focuses on exactly what it says in the title: rapping, emceeing not on hip hop in a wider context which is fine by me. It only had one screening in the UK, not sure how wide the US release is.

My most anticipated film of the year, aside from batmans.

Gorillaz

Nicki is aimed at the same audience as Katy Perry, little girls who will squeal and get all giddy over the colorful wigs and silly outfits. Which makes those two shitstains even more repulsive since their subject matter is not appropriate for the age group they are very clearly marketed towards.

It's what people do now, Start off with their roots in hip hop or rap, then began to do this cross genre shit with pop artist.

Thats it, thats the winning formula. Hip Hop singer on a Pop artist or club banger beat.

Im not hating on people like minaj for doing that... because some songs are cool....but don't consider yourself a "rapper" anymore when most of your songs don't even fall in that catergory.

Jay Sosa

I don't think that's the same. Minaj isn't chasing gay listeners, she's just doing what the market wants. Banks' music is far more...house/electronic than Minaj's though, which is just the traditional electronic stuff heard on the radio today.

My problem with Banks has more to do with her attitude, and the race baiting she is using against Iggy Azalea

Up until that post I thought that Iggy Azaela and that Banks chick are the same person. I heard one track by whoever of those two is signed by TI and boy it was awful. But I seem to completely out of touch with modern rap anyway (all that simplistic swag rap or whatever that shit is called) so that didn't surprise me much.

Just checked youtube.. Jesus Banks is even worse than that tall blond chick. god the next song is even more horrible.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
What old man bitterness? I've heard little to nothing in the way of bitterness from Chuck, are you just assuming that all old rappers are bitter?

Follow him one day on twitter and you get all the bitterness for a year. He hates every popular rapper, hates every single bit of urban culture that doesn't represent his age group. He hates on Jay, Kanye, even Nas. But then when he gets called out hurries up and tries to backtrack.

Talks about how great Europe is and how basically black americans are dumb people brainwashed by media. He just seems so angry and bitter towards the world while trying to appear as he is coming from a superior position.

Just my opinion, without reading his own words, I probably wouldn't feel like this and this is when something like social media backfires. I

I will give PE a listen, but Chuck seems to be believing his own hype.

Acid08

Banned
Listening to Schoolbouy Q- Setbacks for the first time in a long time, forgot how fucking great it is. Chill, introspective, bangin; I think I like it more than H&C overall.

siddx

Follow him one day on twitter and you get all the bitterness for a year. He hates every popular rapper, hates every single bit of urban culture that doesn't represent his age group. He hates on Jay, Kanye, even Nas. But then when he gets called out hurries up and tries to backtrack.

Talks about how great Europe is and how basically black americans are dumb people brainwashed by media. He just seems so angry and bitter towards the world while trying to appear as he is coming from a superior position.

Just my opinion, without reading his own words, I probably wouldn't feel like this and this is when something like social media backfires. I

I will give PE a listen, but Chuck seems to be believing his own hype.

WTF chuck WTF. All the interviews in recent years with him had a little of that "fucking modern rappers" stuff but in a measured manner that had some validity to it. It's a shame to think he's gone full hater on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom