• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on Maybach Music IV?

Dope but probably the worst of the four. The beat transition is also surprisingly abrupt - overall while I think it's dope, it also feels somewhat...unfinished. Like they were hoping for a dope feature but had to settle for...Ne-Yo and LA Reid...

TBH there's not much of anything on GFID that stands out. Some nice beats and rhymes but a lot of it sounds like Deeper Than Rap b-sides.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
not all the production was bad. It did vary a lot in quality a lot of throwaway beats. But still there were joints on there from Large professor, Premier, and Remi that were decent. I will also admit God son had better production because the majority of it was produced by only Remi and Alchemist but even then Stillmatic had the better songs on it.

Stillmatic is really flat...

Esch

Banned
Fuck Rick Ross's titties and bullshit music, my copy of this is shipping:

071212_gza.jpg

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

CRS

probably nothing but an unmastered piece of paper on the inside

Actually...

It comes with rolling papers. I'll get more value out of those rolling papers than that GZA box combined.

I don't know what'll make me fall asleep quicker, a game of chess or the album itself.

Coal

Maybach Music II was the best IMO. The first came at a time where Ross wasn't in his prime, and let's face it: it makes you look lame when someone shows you up on your own track (See Renegade by Jay-Z). MMII had Ross started to show some of that quality. By the time MMIII came around though... I couldn't care less. I mean it just sounded like a bunch of Disney shit with Ross going UHH on it.

If it's Maybach Music shouldn't it BANG that's all I'm sayin'

Grzi

God Forgives I Don't >>>>>>>>>>> Life Is Boring

This that gangster movie soundtrack music.
That eating crab meats while getting a pedicure from a Jhene Aiko lookalike music.
That getting your dick sucked by that same chick in a hot tub music.
That spend a milli and never look back music.
That ride around the Mediterranean on your yacht but don't come too close to the shore so you don't catch the stench of the common folk music.
That sitting with the woman of your dreams and forgetting what her name is music.
This that Maybach music son.

Teflon Don was better but this is still his second best. A couple of tracks needed to be left out IMO (Touch'N You, 911, although I wouldn't call them horrible), the beat to 3 Kings should have been better (which is funny considering it's better than almost all of the beats on Life Is Good) and there's no tracks as epic as Tears of Joy but that's about it.
As 9th Wonder said rappers need to go to the Rick Ross beat picking school.
Much better than I expected it to be.

Blackace

Maybach Music II was the best IMO. The first came at a time where Ross wasn't in his prime, and let's face it: it makes you look lame when someone shows you up on your own track (See Renegade by Jay-Z). MMII had Ross started to show some of that quality. By the time MMIII came around though... I couldn't care less. I mean it just sounded like a bunch of Disney shit with Ross going UHH on it.

If it's Maybach Music shouldn't it BANG that's all I'm sayin'

they all bang but in an eating lobster drinking overpriced alcohol way

Blackace

God Forgives I Don't >>>>>>>>>>> Life Is Boring

This that gangster movie soundtrack music.
That eating crab meats while getting a pedicure from a Jhene Aiko lookalike music.
That getting your dick sucked by that same chick in a hot tub music.
That spend a milli and never look back music.
That ride around the Mediterranean on your yacht but don't come too close to the shore so you don't catch the stench of the common folk music.
That sitting with the woman of your dreams and forgetting what her name is music.
This that Maybach music son.

Teflon Don was better but this is still his second best. A couple of tracks needed to be left out IMO (Touch'N You, 911, although I wouldn't call them horrible), the beat to 3 Kings should have been better (which is funny considering it's better than almost all of the beats on Life Is Good) and there's no tracks as epic as Tears of Joy but that's about it.
As 9th Wonder said rappers need to go to the Rick Ross beat picking school.
Much better than I expected it to be.

Touch N You is a great for the album.. but Pineapples.. yeah

RC

Banned
The best thing about the Documentary is the production. And honestly, that's the only good thing I can say about it.

RC

Banned
I'm just going to come out and say it, The Game's an awful rapper. Of course this is coming from someone who gave up on the west coast years ago.

Grzi

What I like about The Game is that he clearly loves the music. He's a fan. That is also his flaw, like when he got in his OddFuture mode on Martians vs. Goblins, but it's still nice to see someone with the kind of passion he has.
Just look at the video for The City, when Kendrick starts rapping. Dude is clearly aware Kendrick murdered him on his own shit but he doesn't care, he's happy to be a part of the song with that verse, and while Kendrick is rapping dude is sooo into it. Like a kid.
I think he's a cool humble dude.
And people are praising music far worse than his tbh, dude can still make a hot song and pick a nice beat, all of his albums are good with the first two being really great.

Blackace

I'm just going to come out and say it, The Game's an awful rapper. Of course this is coming from someone who gave up on the west coast years ago.

Game's later stuff isn't great.. Documentary is..

Esch

Banned
What I like about The Game is that he clearly loves the music. He's a fan. That is also his flaw, like when he got in his OddFuture mode on Martians vs. Goblins, but it's still nice to see someone with the kind of passion he has.
Just look at the video for The City, when Kendrick starts rapping. Dude is clearly aware Kendrick murdered him on his own shit but he doesn't care, he's happy to be a part of the song with that verse, and while Kendrick is rapping dude is sooo into it. Like a kid.
I think he's a cool humble dude.
And people are praising music far worse than his tbh, dude can still make a hot song and pick a nice beat, all of his albums are good with the first two being really great.

i dont think he even thinks of it as like flow or swaggerjacks. I think he thinks its the appropriate thing to do on a track.

I should comb around for an interview to see if someones ever asked him bout it

IrishNinja

ima sleep on Ross' latest struggle cause im sure ill have to hear half of it around my hometown anyway. pretty convinced at this point dude can't do anything but bore me with his flow and generic bragadocious lines.

spin-chan, Get Down was more than decent man! tempted to ask ace to go track-for-track with gods son and hip hop is dead vs stillmatic cause i really cant see it, but dude's entitled to his opinion and im still looking forward to that nas mix. everything's on pause till im caught up on breaking bad at the moment.

Fuck Rick Ross's titties and bullshit music, my copy of this is shipping:

071212_gza.jpg

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

what the
esha you need to tell me when things like this exist, that shit would go well with my ODB deluxe re-release...link/price?

Detox

Nah, he has moments. He just became self aware of his name dropping, and instead of using it less, he amped it up.
His next album won't have any name dropping, I didn't mInd it when he used it as a pun but obviously went overboard with it at times. Still don't understand why him and 50 had to beef they worked so well together and got Dre into the studio. Those two could have locked the game up if they didn't start that beef now we got Young Money and MMG bullshit.

Coal

Fuck MMG. Ross is the only champion on there that I know of.

I mean come on.. Wale? You signed Wale? Fuck, on that MMG tape "Self Made" the one track I can think of that has Ross & Wale on it also has JADAKISS and somehow Wale managed to make even Jada not want to shine.

How you gonna make Jadakiss not sound good, Wale? C'mon son.

HiResDes

ima sleep on Ross' latest struggle cause im sure ill have to hear half of it around my hometown anyway. pretty convinced at this point dude can't do anything but bore me with his flow and generic bragadocious lines.

spin-chan, Get Down was more than decent man! tempted to ask ace to go track-for-track with gods son and hip hop is dead vs stillmatic cause i really cant see it, but dude's entitled to his opinion and im still looking forward to that nas mix. everything's on pause till im caught up on breaking bad at the moment.

what the
esha you need to tell me when things like this exist, that shit would go well with my ODB deluxe re-release...link/price?
Did you see what I posted for you a couple pages back?

Also RVIDXR NELL GOIN HAM

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man. As much as I like Teflon Don, this new album is merely...okay. Whomever is telling him any song with traces of BMF dna in them is okay, needs to be fired with the swiftness.

In no way is this better than Life Is Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom