• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
GFID >> LIG

also, how do I stop stealing my friend's girls? I'm 3 for 3 on the last three chicks I dated. Dudes are salty.

Stop having friends who can't satisfy and keep their girls happy? Also stop picking up their leftovers and go find new pussy instead of pulling a Drake?

GFID might make top 30...might...

kamspy

I can't even put myself into any line of logic that dictates that LIG is better than GFID.

Rozzay leveled up his lyrical game again. Saved the real vintage shit for the album. I'm feeling it like a mofo.

Stop having friends who can't satisfy and keep their girls happy? Also stop picking up their leftovers and go find new pussy instead of pulling a Drake?

GFID might make top 30...might...

I can't help it. My roommates baby momma came over and cleaned my house and topped me off. I didn't even do shit. Funny thing is, he was on a date with another chick and he was still salty about it. Also, I've ran through the city I live in, and due to my illegal driving situation, it's hard to go OT.

So LIG is #31 to you?

siddx

I can't even put myself into any line of logic that dictates that LIG is better than GFID.

Rozzay leveled up his lyrical game again. Saved the real vintage shit for the album. I'm feeling it like a mofo.

any album with diced pineapples on it can't be considered better than LIG. Track makes dude's dicks try to invert and turn into big floppy vaginas.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

It's funny when people were saying Nas went god tier on accidental murderers when I thought Ross has the better verse..

siddx

It's funny when people were saying Nas went god tier on accidental murderers when I thought Ross has the better verse..

Being a DJ, Rick Ross has contributed to you getting paid and putting on good shows far far faaar more than Nas has, so it's natural you'd like the dude more.

Blackace

any album with diced pineapples on it can't be considered better than LIG. Track makes dude's dicks try to invert and turn into big floppy vaginas.

LIG is really just a bleh album..

LIG has 3 great songs on it.. Basically the same as I Am...

Also after going in depth through the albums I declare God's Son as his 2nd best album...

Blackace

Being a DJ, Rick Ross has contributed to you getting paid and putting on good shows far far faaar more than Nas has, so it's natural you'd like the dude more.

I like the dude more for that true... But Nas has a forever pass to make meh albums because he made Illmatic..

Blackace

Elaborate? Because Made You Look/Dance/Book of Rhymes are the only tracks I can even tolerate from God's Son.

Those are good songs..

Cross is one of my favorite Nas songs Em's beat was perfect for Nas

I can is great single..

Get down, thug mansion...

siddx

God's son is in that bulk of post Stillmatic albums that I can't even keep straight. They all run together like one giant album of below avergeness. I can remember really liking a few songs here and there, but I can't for the life of me remember what album they were on.

siddx

do you not like music hip hop that sounds good?

no I do like music hip hop sound good yes dance dance drink?

Too many weak songs that drag down the good stuff. And Ross is getting tiresome to me. I had my Ross stan phase with BMF and Mc Hammer...now it just sounds like the same shit over and over.

HiResDes

no I do like music hip hop sound good yes dance dance drink?

Too many weak songs that drag down the good stuff. And Ross is getting tiresome to me. I had my Ross stan phase with BMF and Mc Hammer...now it just sounds like the same shit over and over.

Esch

Banned
cc38029b_seinfeld.gif

Blackace

God's son is in that bulk of post Stillmatic albums that I can't even keep straight. They all run together like one giant album of below avergeness. I can remember really liking a few songs here and there, but I can't for the life of me remember what album they were on.

Stillmatic to me was horrible.. It was Wrtitten was dope..

If I rank Em

Illmatic, God's Son, It was Written, Hip-Hop is Dead and everything else..

siddx

Stilmatic man...I don't know what it is about that album. I just remember riding around southern florida listening to it endlessly. There are days I'd rank it higher than It Was Written.

And now that I'm going back to listen to God's Son for the first time in 10 years, it really is a good album.

DominoKid

GFID is that fyyyyyyye. That "im rich bitch!" music. Apart from the weak r&b section. It could use some better sequencing but thats a minor quibble.

Blackace

Stilmatic man...I don't know what it is about that album. I just remember riding around southern florida listening to it endlessly. There are days I'd rank it higher than It Was Written.

And now that I'm going back to listen to God's Son for the first time in 10 years, it really is a good album.

The real Nas fans (I like Nas a lot but I wouldn't classify myself as a hardcore) love Stillmatic.. I enjoy I Am more than it just for Hate me now.. I love that song...

God's Son is really dope..

Real talk: Nas fans overrate Stillmatic due to the monumental circumstances of its release. Blueprint v Stillmatic debates were lively back in the day, I remember that shit like yesterday. And just as Jay stans were arguing Jigga My Nigga was hot, us Nas stans were co-signing Rule and My Country

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Awesome? should I answer in a form of another .gif?

yeah I should of used words but I'm posting in the NBA thread while posting here and was in attack mode. That place just makes you want to be an asshole.

Let me try again

How is stillmatic wack to you, but you like God Son? God Son was just Stillmatic but a little less angrier? I mean 2nd Childhood and What goes around are 2 of Nas most underrated songs?

siddx

After Nastradamus, Stillmatic was like god tier in comparison. Listening to it now, it doesn't hold up all that great but there are still some damn good tracks.
I do remember people getting pissed about the cover not continuing the theme of the last 4 albums though.

Blackace

yeah I should of used words but I'm posting in the NBA thread while posting here and was in attack mode. That place just makes you want to be an asshole.

Let me try again

How is stillmatic wack to you, but you like God Son? God Son was just Stillmatic but a little less angrier? I mean 2nd Childhood and What goes around are 2 of Nas most underrated songs?

First off Stillmatic has horrible production... Of course you going to sound angry rapping over those wack as beats..

God's Son really isn't the same feeling as Stillmatic so I don't see the comparison there

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
First off Stillmatic has horrible production... Of course you going to sound angry rapping over those wack as beats..

God's Son really isn't the same feeling as Stillmatic so I don't see the comparison there

not all the production was bad. It did vary a lot in quality a lot of throwaway beats. But still there were joints on there from Large professor, Premier, and Remi that were decent. I will also admit God son had better production because the majority of it was produced by only Remi and Alchemist but even then Stillmatic had the better songs on it.

wtf hires, you couldn't have been pimping out this ethelwulf as much as denzel dude.....I think this ethelwulf tape is great, i fuck with it! and the sound quality is passable to my ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom