• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Fuck MMG. Ross is the only champion on there that I know of.

I mean come on.. Wale? You signed Wale? Fuck, on that MMG tape "Self Made" the one track I can think of that has Ross & Wale on it also has JADAKISS and somehow Wale managed to make even Jada not want to shine.

How you gonna make Jadakiss not sound good, Wale? C'mon son.

Meek Mill shits on your statement then checks it for corn

Esch

Banned
ima sleep on Ross' latest struggle cause im sure ill have to hear half of it around my hometown anyway. pretty convinced at this point dude can't do anything but bore me with his flow and generic bragadocious lines.

spin-chan, Get Down was more than decent man! tempted to ask ace to go track-for-track with gods son and hip hop is dead vs stillmatic cause i really cant see it, but dude's entitled to his opinion and im still looking forward to that nas mix. everything's on pause till im caught up on breaking bad at the moment.

what the
esha you need to tell me when things like this exist, that shit would go well with my ODB deluxe re-release...link/price?
I cant believe you dont know

Esch

Banned
did anyone else but me end up liking this:

Jadakiss-consignment-art.jpg

not as good as david banners comeback but i fucked with a few songs off it

Blackace

uh.. you are not special for liking that mixtape... it was super good

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

I liked it initially but it ended up getting boring real quick. And Jada ruins anything his discount Jay Z ass touches.

Blackace

people talked about how he was basically rebranded as a southern rapper with mixtape.. good stuff tho imo

Ross has had 2012 in his palm. Hasn't been since Wayne when carter 3 dropped has one dude commanded the hip hop scene. Then meek mills drops next month. Dayum

Blackace

Ross has had 2012 in his palm. Hasn't been since Wayne when carter 3 dropped has one dude commanded the hip hop scene. Then meek mills drops next month. Dayum

All together MMG2 and GFID might sell as much as Carter III

But I doubt it

Esch

Banned

I mean I get that you really really like Rick Ross, but you can only get so stan delusional

Ross in the game now doesnt have shit on what Wayne had on lock when C3 dropped, and after GFID sales that will be obvious. I hate, hate hate C3 and Wayne and am meh on Ross but that is downright nonsense. Nothing off GFID will get the radio penetration of Lollipop or a Milli. Maybe not even Mr. Carter status.

The singles for this album havent taken off among the internet community or real life and it seems like that will continue to be the case. MMG vol 2 sold well, and so did Wale. There was solid buzz of Dreamchasers too.

That being said you have lost your mind if you think Ross has the game on lock. YMCMB's next efforts will easily outsell his, and I wouldnt be surprised if the Good music compilation stomped MMG vol 2 either. Ross aint running shit, he's throwing stuff at the wall and taking cues from others and hoping to god it'll stick.

All together MMG2 and GFID might sell as much as Carter III

But I doubt it
This guy knows.

Blackace

Ross is putting out good music now.... But yeah no Lollipop, Amilli, Mrs. Officer...

Not getting 2 Chainz signed really hurt him too...

Esch

Banned
Ross is putting out good music now.... But yeah no Lollipop, Amilli, Mrs. Officer...

Not getting 2 Chainz signed really hurt him too...

Definitely. 2 Chainz would have been huge for dude (and a good fit). I wonder how the negotiations for him went between the big guys in hip hop, because Good music is a weird label for dude, although theyre making more trappy shit these days.

Im listening to GFID full through right now... This shit is alright. There certainly aint nothing wrong with it. I like this So Sophisticated joint... The problem with it is that nothing on it grabs me or stands out. It sounds like the kind of shit the scene will love, but it doesnt have that x factor that grabs the public. This shit is so safe. I think itll probably do Ambition sales/reviews but a little better, and its similar. Like Kams said this album is kinda making a beeline for the females but that route wont work for Ross imo.

I think he would have done better trying to take trap to the next level: harder, faster, layered production. Thats why people like Ross. His music has the thump of trap shit but has enough lyrical meat to get a lot of the hip hop fanbase interested. As it stands now this shit is like a sampler of trends, and thats not compelling to me.

Blackace

Definitely. 2 Chainz would have been huge for dude (and a good fit). I wonder how the negotiations for him went between the big guys in hip hop, because Good music is a weird label for dude, although theyre making more trappy shit these days.

Im listening to GFID full through right now... This shit is alright. There certainly aint nothing wrong with it. I like this So Sophisticated joint... The problem with it is that nothing on it grabs me or stands out. It sounds like the kind of shit the scene will love, but it doesnt have that x factor that grabs the public. This shit is so safe. I think itll probably do Ambition sales/reviews but a little better, and its similar. Like Kams said this album is kinda making a beeline for the females but that route wont work for Ross imo.

I think he would have done better trying to take trap to the next level: harder, faster, layered production. Thats why people like Ross. His music has the thump of trap shit but has enough lyrical meat to get a lot of the hip hop fanbase interested. As it stands now this shit is like a sampler of trends, and thats not compelling to me.

Ross has ALWAYS made.a beeline for woman outside of his first album... Just this album doesn't have the two tracks that scream I am an ignorant male who will take of my shirt because that's a good idea right now.. Like his last albums...

Esch

Banned
Ross has ALWAYS made.a beeline for woman outside of his first album... Just this album doesn't have the two tracks that scream I am an ignorant male who will take of my shirt because that's a good idea right now.. Like his last albums...

I see what you're saying right now, and i agree. I guess its that the beeline kinda turned all drizzy sing and songy r&b embarassing shit, and I cant take dude seriously when hes doin that. If you're going to do the fat guy gettin puss route, you might as well copy the biggie template i guess

edit; not gonna lie i thought 2 chainz was gonna sign with YMCMB

Nitsuj23

Is it wrong to still not like Ross after what 50 did to him? I mean he showed the dude is a straight fraud. If someone could restore some bit of credibility to his name maybe I wouldn't have such a hard time listening to him.

I mean he's the definition of studio gangster and with all the other good music out it's really easy to just never listen to anything the fat fuck touches.

Recon

Banned
Is it wrong to still not like Ross after what 50 did to him? I mean he showed the dude is a straight fraud. If someone could restore some bit of credibility to his name maybe I wouldn't have such a hard time listening to him.

I mean he's the definition of studio gangster and with all the other good music out it's really easy to just never listen to anything the fat fuck touches.

Welcome to 90% of rap.

DominoKid

Most rappers are frauds.
Its not really a big deal anymore.
Good music overcomes all.

Recon

Banned
Sad yet true.

And it's funny, after the 50 Cent feud? It only made Rick Ross more popular, and hell, it made me into a fan later on. Teflon Don really hits hard.

That feud was the start of 50's fall and Ross's rise. He tried to pull another Ja Rule, but it backfired.

Detox

All gangster rappers are frauds, if they were really moving bricks and had a rolex on each arm then they wouldn't air their dirty laundry out they would just don a tin foil hat and turn into this guy:
20120212-231345.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That feud was the start of 50's fall and Ross's rise. He tried to pull another Ja Rule, but it backfired.

It's cause 50 didn't have a wanksta. Wanksta was that opening shot that mortally wounded ja. When a diss track about you is also a hit single getting play on the radio and mtv, you might as well just retire.

Gave god forgives I don't that car listen, album is almost exactly half quality half garbage. Has some of the best shit he's done and some of the very worst too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom