• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, ken, you are going to have to post what kind of music you like for real, if you don't like none that was posted to you then I just don't know. I'd admit there's no one who makes music like Ross that can replace him, but there might be other type of hip hop you'd enjoy. You listen to that Smoke Dza?

My 6 cd rotation today (in no particular order):
Life is Good
Channel Orange
God Forgives I Don't
Overly Dedicated
Control System
Quality

Esch

Banned
Would a Wale themed rollercoaster just kind of sit there and not go anywhere despite expectations?
think a never ending log ride on a tear filled river where you're not allowed to get off and Seinfeld statues jump out at you. it starts in Nigeria and ends in DC and lady gaga tosses your salad fora good 30 minutes

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
think a never ending log ride on a tear filled river where you're not allowed to get off and Seinfeld statues jump out at you. it starts in Nigeria and ends in DC and lady gaga tosses your salad fora good 30 minutes

That sounds way more interesting that any Wale song I've ever heard

ecurbj

drake.jpg
LMFAO! Drizzy holding puppies!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I see what you're saying right now, and i agree. I guess its that the beeline kinda turned all drizzy sing and songy r&b embarassing shit, and I cant take dude seriously when hes doin that. If you're going to do the fat guy gettin puss route, you might as well copy the biggie template i guess

edit; not gonna lie i thought 2 chainz was gonna sign with YMCMB

Biggie was basically the same thing as Ross... in fact 50, Ja, and him all copied the Pac/Biggie formula perfectly..

Esch

Banned
it was and then I haven't heard anything in a long time. Then I saw Audio Dope 3 on stone immaculate and took it as a sign PT3 wasn't in the wings anymore.
I wouldnt . there's a hiphopdx interview where he implied that shit was basically waiting in the wings from march of this year.

but with dame douche who knows

GFID is quite underwhelming. It's not bad by any stretch, in fact it has some dope shit. And lots of dope verses and beats. But MMIV is pretty much the only track I can see myself going back to. I like that Ross went back to the DTR style in terms of production. Teflon Don was amazing in part because nearly every track had a purpose, or served a lane. This album feels repetitive and...boring. I was hoping for some more Rich Off Cocain, or Tears Of Joy, or Aston Martin Music...but it just feels so sanitized

barnone

Anyone have recommendations for upbeat summery songs and albums? Mainly for going on a happy run, not an intense one (I've got ignorant mixes for that, thanks Ace!).

Blackace

GFID is quite underwhelming. It's not bad by any stretch, in fact it has some dope shit. And lots of dope verses and beats. But MMIV is pretty much the only track I can see myself going back to. I like that Ross went back to the DTR style in terms of production. Teflon Don was amazing in part because nearly every track had a purpose, or served a lane. This album feels repetitive and...boring. I was hoping for some more Rich Off Cocain, or Tears Of Joy, or Aston Martin Music...but it just feels so sanitized

I can't really agree with this summary at all..

while it is not groundbreaking I think he suffered much of what Wacka suffered with his singles getting so much exposure that by the time you hear the album it seems old..

kamspy

Lyrics on Pirates >>>>

IrishNinja

I didn't say that you sonuvabitch! lol

you did with your heart though~

Ken Masters is Rick Ross's Insulin carrier

see this'd be a great tag but a) he'd love it too much and b) it'd be awkward when dude doesn't survive 2013

Biggie was basically the same thing as Ross... in fact 50, Ja, and him all copied the Pac/Biggie formula perfectly..

i get the template, but most of those dudes (non-ja) flowed better for me and were better storytellers too. by being more well-rounded they brought a lot more to the table, you know? pretty obvious shit im saying here i guess.

ugo ogugwa - real neega roll call

i like how you didn't wanna put ken onto this gem, it's going in my 2012 AOTY noms somewhere or another

Coal

The best thing that Ross has done in the past few years was that track "Super High" with Ne-Yo.

Also I have a friend who smoked a blunt with Ross (he says) and that it was a huge blunt. So uh, props to Rozay I guess.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
*Rick Ross signs Omarion to MMG*
*Gets Drake to sing the hook for Diced Pineapples*

I think this boggles my mind the most about this album. Should have just had him lay a verse down and gotten Omarion to sing the hook...because he's an actual singer. That song is effin terrible either way though.

I kinda agree with PD's analysis about GFID. Teflon Don is a solid album and I didn't feel the need to skip through it much, if at all. Even if GFID does have a decent amount of "songs for women," I don't feel that the majority of those types of songs (within this album specifically) are good songs at all.

It's like Teflon Don was a well paced movie and this one is a merely okay movie with decent scenes and horribly placed edits.

siddx

When I first saw Diced Pineapples on the track list, I knew I would be making fun of it because...well it's a song called Diced Pineapples and it features Drake and Wale. But I never expected it to be even more terrible than I could ever imagine. It's like audio menstrual blood. The minute it shits itself through the speakers I feel like I'm growing tits and should be crying about the way kittens roll around in the sun. Ross should be fucking ashamed of himself.

kamspy

Pirates overshadows all the tracks aimed at the ladies (Diced Pineapples will drop panties tho, guaranteed).

Also, Pirates >> LocoMotive

siddx

Pirates overshadows all the tracks aimed at the ladies (Diced Pineapples will drop panties tho, guaranteed).

Also, Pirates >> LocoMotive

Chloroform and the date rape drug also drop panties, but those aren't acceptable for any man to use for getting laid either.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I wouldnt . there's a hiphopdx interview where he implied that shit was basically waiting in the wings from march of this year.

but with dame douche who knows

Yeah its the whole dame being a douche that had me thinking PT3 was cancelled

iirc... And take this w/ a grain of salt cause im drunk.

Full Album w/ harry fraud
Pt3
How fly 2
Puff daddy w/ chuck inglish.
And like 3 other things.

cool thanks also add covert coup 2 with Alchemist to the list.

Thank the Rap Gods Curren$y actually finishes the projects he starts out to do.

Blackace

i get the template, but most of those dudes (non-ja) flowed better for me and were better storytellers too. by being more well-rounded they brought a lot more to the table, you know? pretty obvious shit im saying here i guess.

I think Biggie and Pac lived much different lives than Rick Ross... so they have a bit more than just a fantasy persona that they created...

But Rick has gotten really really good at his flow

siddx

Ace!
We need a BlackAce BlackAce mix. Imagine if this was the last set you will ever play, the club is packed with your friends and family who just want to hear you play music, it doesn't matter what you play. So you are going out with a bang, playing all your favorite stuff, playing for you, not for the crowd or the club or anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom