• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted to like American Gangster. I bought it day one, even after buying Kingdom Come day one and getting burned. I just couldnt get into it.

I never understood the hate AG got over the last 5 years. I find it way easier to go back through than some of the 97-2000 Jay-Z albums with those corny singles on them. Only really 3 skip worthy tracks on there- Hello Brooklyn, I Know, and Party Life.

Izick

I never understood the hate AG got over the last 5 years. I find it way easier to go back through than some of the 97-2000 Jay-Z albums with those corny singles on them. Only really 3 skip worthy tracks on there.

It's not bad, but it's not better than any of the ones I put before it. A lot of its shit is just forgettable compared to some of Jay's earlier stuff, even the hits.

Esch

Banned
American Gangster.
39-Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif

kamspy

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Vol 1
3. Blueprint
4. Black Album
5. Watch The Throne
6. Roc La Familia
7. American Gangster
8. BP2
9. Vol 2
10. Kingdom Come
11. BP3
12. Vol 3

Definitive Hov Listing

Just noticed top 5 are all 5 mic albums. Cottdam Hov. Jordan of rap for real.
Jay-Z just doesnt give a fuck anymore. I mean, he has more money than I think he ever thought he would attain, a beautiful wife who didnt have mess up her body with silly things like child birth. He has no motivation to drop anything good.

pfft. his verse on GFID is A1 and Watch the Throne was the best rap album last year.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Black Album>Half of Vol.2>fuck everything else he's done

Black album is immaculate though.

Normally not a Wayne fan but I'm loving "My Homies Still"

I stopped taking your opinions seriously after you recommended that Grieves shit salad of an album.

My favorite part of your posts is how they are so few and far between and yet are always completely fucking awful.

Black Album>Half of Vol.2>fuck everything else he's done

Black album is immaculate though.

Normally not a Wayne fan but I'm loving "My Homies Still"
I agree, Love black album. It wasn't my number 1 at first but over time, I'd definitely consider it.

Also, I like My Homies still too, just a fun song really. I like wayne when he is on these silly beats(Carter 3) and not on some serious trap type beats, I think it fits his rhymes and such way much more.

kamspy

BP 2 and Roc De La Familia are way too high.

I have no love for Vol 2 or 3. Roc La Familia has some of his best verses and songs. BP2 is a great roadtrip CD. Lot of stuff I can dig off both discs.

Plus, how can GAF HOP not love Kanye's rapping debut? (even though he did it under a different name).

Yall know Kanye's first paid beat was The Truth on Beanie Siegal's The Truth? (also a 5 mic album. Beans was soooo ill)

He raps over the worst song off WTT.

He didn't rap over Welcome to the Jungle. Plus, his verse was even weaker than Jay n Ye's on Lift Off. Taking shots at Memphis? smh

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I agree, Love black album. It wasn't my number 1 at first but over time, I'd definitely consider it.

Also, I like My Homies still too, just a fun song really. I like wayne when he is on these silly beats(Carter 3) and not on some serious trap type beats, I think it fits his rhymes and such way much more.

I don't know what happened in that studio but for one album Jay ascended into the rapper he tries to fool everyone into thinking he is. For one album he really was the GOAT. And then the spirit of biggie and pac left him and he went back to using the same exact bars to rap about nothing 95% of the time.

Recon

Banned
1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Vol 1
3. Blueprint
4. Black Album
5. Watch The Throne
6. Roc La Familia
7. American Gangster
8. BP2
9. Vol 2
10. Kingdom Come
11. BP3
12. Vol 3

Definitive Hov Listing

Just noticed top 5 are all 5 mic albums. Cottdam Hov. Jordan of rap for real.

pfft. his verse on GFID is A1 and Watch the Throne was the best rap album last year.

Stop taking those Bath Salts kamps, it has rotted your mind. WTT was a shit album by any metric. NiP was the ONLY listenable track. Exactly why they play that shit 10 times at concerts.

kamspy

Opinions man....

oh, and my homemade salts are only for the fiends. If I want to get geeked give me adderall or good scale. Lil DMAA, lil pharmacy grade caffiene, throw it in a clear capsule, $20 a pop.

Recon

Banned
I thought WTT had some of Jay's best verses in awhile, but yeah, he definitely goes autopilot rapping still.

They were genius compared to the shit smeared bull shit Kanye was trying to pass off as "rapping". God, that album was a complete let down. After MBDTF and WTT, I refused to get hyped for any Yeezy shit....although Cruel Summer sounds promising, DAT New God Flow!!!

kamspy

They were genius compared to the shit smeared bull shit Kanye was trying to pass off as "rapping". God, that album was a complete let down. After MBDTF and WTT, I refused to get hyped for any Yeezy shit....although Cruel Summer sounds promising, DAT New God Flow!!!

Mind naming some specific Yeezy verses? His shit on No Church was on my short list for verses of the year.

Recon

Banned
Mind naming some specific Yeezy verses? His shit on No Church was on my short list for verses of the year.

This would require me to listen to WTT again. I am not falling for your trickery. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, fuck you.

Every track he releases from now on will be a country/polka hybrid where he sings in German and yodels for 3 minutes straight at the end of every song.

Kampsy's album of the year.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I am not the biggest Jay fan but I always assumed Jay has been semi retired since the Black Album.

Everything since has been more about getting mainstream audiences money than anything else.

He can still rap but why bother when he could half ass it and make 3x's the money.

Recon

Banned
I am not the biggest Jay fan but I always assumed Jay has been semi retired since the Black Album.

Everything since has been more about getting mainstream audiences money than anything else.

He can still rap but why bother when he could half ass it and make 3x's the money.

If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
Lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill' - I ain't been rhyming like Common since"

kamspy

I only have the cold, dark, shitty feelings. I cant do it man, I cant go back there.

Surely such hatred toward a record could at least remind you of a song.

I think you got caught up, cuz Yeezy came correct on WTT. It's an easy album to hate on though. Big names, easy targets and all. Go on.

I don't even defend Kanye like that. Yall know that. I think he was really trying his best to hang with Hov, even though he only eclipsed him on No Church, but that's even a toss up.

IrishNinja

Okay not 3rd, but...

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. The Black Album
3. The Blueprint
4. American Gangster

Meet me somewhere.

im okay with this. i gotta re-listen to vol 1 sometime though, kams rates it crazy high.

Doomtree/UGod mix ftw

the mashup girl talk was too scared to make

Stop taking those Bath Salts kamps, it has rotted your mind. WTT was a shit album by any metric. NiP was the ONLY listenable track. Exactly why they play that shit 10 times at concerts.

it's a year later, and you're still wrong on WTT. it's a solid album, and (autopilot) jay's best in a while too.

time to check this out, affiliate stuff is the definition of hit or miss for me so here's hoping

kamspy

If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
Lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill' - I ain't been rhyming like Common since"

E-40 said it well too.

Don't freestyle / don't rap for free mane

/rest of gaf hop notices there are no official E-40 mixtapes.

im okay with this. i gotta re-listen to vol 1 sometime though, kams rates it crazy high.

The early songs with Blackstreet and Lil Kim will throw you off, but at the time it was Castle Music. So just skip right over them.

Recon

Banned
Surely such hatred toward a record could at least remind you of a song.

I think you got caught up, cuz Yeezy came correct on WTT. It's an easy album to hate on though. Big names, easy targets and all. Go on.

I don't even defend Kanye like that. Yall know that. I think he was really trying his best to hang with Hov, even though he only eclipsed him on No Church, but that's even a toss up.

"Lift Off"....thats the part of the record where the mean man touched me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom