• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think Biggie and Pac lived much different lives than Rick Ross... so they have a bit more than just a fantasy persona that they created...

But Rick has gotten really really good at his flow

That sums it up basically and add that he usually has a great ear for production.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ace!
We need a BlackAce BlackAce mix. Imagine if this was the last set you will ever play, the club is packed with your friends and family who just want to hear you play music, it doesn't matter what you play. So you are going out with a bang, playing all your favorite stuff, playing for you, not for the crowd or the club or anyone else.

I might be able to do that! that sounds like a fun project..

Recon

Banned
Coming from the white(er) Drake who put out an mixtape that ripped off a Grieves album cover.

smh recon. smh

What? I love A$AP. I think the name "Bath Salts" is fucking hilarious when combined with the featured guest who name contains the word Zombie...lol.

Macca

Ace!
We need a BlackAce BlackAce mix. Imagine if this was the last set you will ever play, the club is packed with your friends and family who just want to hear you play music, it doesn't matter what you play. So you are going out with a bang, playing all your favorite stuff, playing for you, not for the crowd or the club or anyone else.
So pretty much a Doomtree mix...

Izick

Just finished up I Am...

iYzPObLgwXbpn.gif

kamspy

Just imagine buying Illmatic on cassette when it came out, but IWW day one on CD, waiting 3 years and hearing that when I got home.

I tried so hard to like it.

Recon

Banned

I like it.
Meh, I'll give Cole props for chopping Lift Off into a good beat

The only decent thing to have come out of Lift Off.

Still looking forward to this album, but I really thought that new Cole would be a bit better. It's nice though.

This sounds almost exactly like everything else he has done, honestly. Probably why I am not checking for him anymore, everything he spits sounds the same to me since Cole World.

kamspy

Reminds me of how I was with Blueprint 2.

BP2 was SOP for Hov.

I Am was a dramatic drop in content and quality for Nas. It's when he died. Now only Esco lives.

hahahaha, best line on that cole song "I heard ninja say I'd be like Memphis Bleek". It's like he read what some of yall were saying.

Cole wishes. Bleek went platinum a couple times IIRC.

Izick

BP2 was SOP for Hov.

I Am was a dramatic drop in content and quality for Nas. It's when he died. Now only Esco lives.

Cole wishes. Bleek went platinum a couple times IIRC.

Come on, Reasonable Doubt, In My Lifetime, Vol 2, Vol 3, are in a completely different league than BP 2. I'm not saying that it was as bad as a drop as I Am, but it was a huge disappointment, and something I tried to really like.

kamspy

OG version was better. Earn hard (Earnhart) / hit a big wall >>> anything on that track.

Plus, that was a subliminal at Bleek like a mofo. Bleek from Marcy. Not Ivy League. He'd put trademarks around Cole's eyes.

EDIT: BP2 >> Vol 3

Vol 3 is Hov's worst work.

Izick

OG version was better. Earn hard (Earnhart) / hit a big wall >>> anything on that track.

Plus, that was a subliminal at Bleek like a mofo. Bleek from Marcy. Not Ivy League. He'd put trademarks around Cole's eyes.

EDIT: BP2 >> Vol 3

Vol 3 is Hov's worst work.

Whaaaa? Worst work. Look at BP 3 or American Gangster. Those are easily worse than that, but BP 2 is probably still worse than either of those.

Recon

Banned
"My bed is like a deck of cards, two black queens"

That didn't come off like you intended Cole...

It sounded fine when I heard it. But I dont instantly think of drag queens/homosexuals when thinking about females, so maybe its me.

Whaaaa? Worst work. Look at BP 3 or American Gangster. Those are easily worse than that, but BP 2 is probably still worse than either of those.

You just insulted American Gangster, Gafhop has the weird erection for that album. I dont see it though.

Recon

Banned
3AawW.gif

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love AG, but I'm a hardcore Jay fan, always have been, but there's no way it's that high.

Blueprint is bad?

You know, I completely spaced on Blueprint. I would put it before Volume 2, but after Black Album. I knew I was missing something lol.

Izick

Okay it's all good then. Thought we may have been going to have to virtually-verbally throw down or some shit.

You're opinion on that is all good though, but I'd put it at the #2 spot.

Recon

Banned
I will admit, I do think Jay hit rock bottom on WTT. Some of the laziest rhymes and writing in a major release. Shit, Lil B has better rhymes.

Izick

1.) Reasonable Doubt
2.) Blueprint
3.) Black Album
4.) Vol 2.
5.) In My Lifetime
6.) Volume 3
7.) American Gangster
8.) Kingdom Come
9.) Dynasty: Roc
10.) Blueprint 3
11.) Blueprint 2

I'm pretty set on that top 5.

Recon

Banned
I really wanted to like American Gangster. I bought it day one, even after buying Kingdom Come day one and getting burned. I just couldnt get into it.

Izick

I really wanted to like American Gangster. I bought it day one, even after buying Kingdom Come day one and getting burned. I just couldnt get into it.

I miss good Hov. I mean we get to see it once in a while like from Throne, but not to the levels that I'd like. Kanye has taken the crown and ran with it.

//B1G

Banned
can anyone tell me who else sampled that tune from Fantastic Planet? YT says quasimoto but i swear it was also on a pun record... maybe az/firm. i've been itching to hear it ever since i watched the movie earlier, but i can't remember the track.
here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFxQ4wNtZH0

> haha mark this post irrelevant, i just found it after i made it. it was big pun - boomerang.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fra_YSkK2dg doope fucking album, RIP Pun

Recon

Banned
I miss good Hov. I mean we get to see it once in a while like from Throne, but not to the levels that I'd like. Kanye has taken the crown and ran with it.

Jay-Z just doesnt give a fuck anymore. I mean, he has more money than I think he ever thought he would attain, a beautiful wife who didnt have mess up her body with silly things like child birth. He has no motivation to drop anything good.

Izick

Jay-Z just doesnt give a fuck anymore. I mean, he has more money than I think he ever thought he would attain, a beautiful wife who didnt have mess up her body with silly things like child birth. He has no motivation to drop anything good.

These are all true facts, but why does Kanye continue to impress? I mean he hasn't been as good as early Kanye, but he's still definitely really solid. He's got Kim and I bet a fuckload of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom