• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
You killing me man. You pick it up?

thats my copy. highly recommended buy. its reasonably priced as well.

my only complaint is no swordsman on the instrumentals disc!!!!!

icon_shake_fist.gif

thats my copy. highly recommended buy. its reasonably priced as well.

my only complaint is no swordsman on the instrumentals disc!!!!!

icon_shake_fist.gif

Seen the tracklisting on amazon and it said no killah hills 10304 intstrumental either. Say it aint so? Definitely picking up regardless. Absolute sacrilege leaving those two beats off...

IrishNinja

Where do I discuss soul, Gaf-hop?
haroldmelvinthebluenotcjcy.jpg

des might know...honestly, i always kinda hoped a dude like whoompthereitis (i think he's back) would make a funk/soul thread, id be so down.

and yeah, amazon just said my Liquid Swords LE (and Tetris DS on the cheap!) are on their way...

lush

I like Azealia Banks. Does this make me a bad person? Despite all the Twitter bullshit, excellent production/producers. Even the original production off her recent mixtape was nice.

killa hills is on there

Just seen that. No B.I.B.L.E, Hellz wind staff or Swordsman. The fuck. Seriously?

Coppin regardless. Cant understand why they'd leave those three off?

I like Azealia Banks. Does this make me a bad person? Despite all the Twitter bullshit, excellent production/producers. Even the original production off her recent mixtape was nice.

Music is all about personal taste. You like what you like. Everyone has artists that they consider their guilty pleasure so to speak. Ive been known to rock some Billy Ocean through the subs in the car now and again...

So yes. You are a bad person.

Esch

Banned

i mean. I have a couple atmosphere albums on my harddrive

i cant say shit

cdyhybrid

Only read a little bit of that 2k13 thread but are people mostly raging just because he's a rapper? He's also a minority owner of a team...

kamspy

and I the only one unimpressed with the Remaster on Liquid Swords? Sounds like a lazy bass boost. Really, nothing needed remastered imo. Gimmie that analog grime of the mid 90s all day.

iavi

And breakdowns. And picking up where Yellowcard left off in a metal framework. And white belts. and copying a little bit of Suffocation. And more losing.

Anything but the breakdowns. Talk shit about ANYTHING else, but those breakdowns. Get a little green, and a bad mood going, and those motherfuckers will rattle the cage and whatever silly shit is in it. Height of the genre.

Though, at that point shit like Gojira fits the bill - minus the eternally paused vox of most metalcore acts.

Tracklist

NSAvr.jpg

Next to Kendrick, and the rumored DB tape, this is easily my most hyped release of the year...so far. Long Live A$AP is right behind it.

Alc's probably going to get my producerOTY vote with Russian Roulette alone, but Fraud is close with the above average quantity of his. Very close. If Alc strikes again with this though, oooooo. fuck. Deal sealed.

IrishNinja

damn des, you're the man with these. i keep wanting to bump your jazz one but i got nothin to offer...

Only read a little bit of that 2k13 thread but are people mostly raging just because he's a rapper? He's also a minority owner of a team...

its a great trainwreck of a thread, though

and I the only one unimpressed with the Remaster on Liquid Swords? Sounds like a lazy bass boost. Really, nothing needed remastered imo. Gimmie that analog grime of the mid 90s all day.

see, im like the worst audiophile out there...shit sounded good to me. did you think the same of the return to the 36 remaster?

Rating life is good(okay album IMO) best rap/hip hop in years?

Cmon son ,yourself (Ed lover voice)

I didnt rate it at all. Havent even heard the album actually. Go read the thread.

Not a fan of remasters. I like my CDs to sound the same as they did when they were released. Something about someone going back and reworking the songs just seems... wrong. Especially on a masterpiece like liquid swords. It'd be like touching up the Mona lisa with some crayolas.

Heh, so...why does GAF-Hop not like Azealia Banks? She's kind of the darling of PopGAF at the moment. I'm curious...

I just don't seem to care for any of her music outside of 212, seems like that's her best song to me.

Looking forward to that domo and it's on a day I have off. Hope he releases that shit before the PM.

kamspy

see, im like the worst audiophile out there...shit sounded good to me. did you think the same of the return to the 36 remaster?

Haven't heard it yet, but assuming it's done by the same people, it's probably done in the same logic.

Really, I don't know how I'd remaster Liquid Swords. If anything I'd go the opposite direction and try and bring the highs out more. Shit just sounds like regular Liquid Swords with a bass boost to me.

the stannery in that thread is lol especially the last post

Hip hop fans man....

I prefer Jay over Kanye and im stanning? Grow up. People are entitled to opinions. Anytime, anywhere, anybody in the world says anything remotely positive about jay theyre stanning.

Get off that.

All I see is people shitting on rap & arguing over jay-z & kanye as if those guys are still in their prime.

Am i missing something here?

It just surprises me when people rate Kanye over Jay. Jay is in my top 5 whether you people like it or not.

kamspy

Tity Two Necklace track list.

Yall know I've been repping Tity since he was Tity here on GAF HOP, but this tracklist isn't very inspiring.

1. Yuck! (feat. Lil Wayne)
2. Crack
3. Dope Peddler
4. No Lie (feat. Drake)
5. Birthday Song (feat. Kanye West)
6. I’m Different
7. Extremely Blessed (feat. The-Dream)
8. I Luv Dem Strippers (feat. Nicki Minaj)
9. Stop Me Now (feat. Dolla Boy)
10. Money Machine
11. In Town (feat. Mike Posner)
12. Ghetto Dreams (feat. Scarface, John Legend)
13. Wut We Doin? (feat. Cap1)

Deluxe Edition
14. Countdown (feat. Chris Brown)
15. Like Me
16. Feel Good
17. Riot

Macca

Tity Two Necklace track list.

Yall know I've been repping Tity since he was Tity here on GAF HOP, but this tracklist isn't very inspiring.

1. Yuck! (feat. Lil Wayne)
2. Crack
3. Dope Peddler
4. No Lie (feat. Drake)
5. Birthday Song (feat. Kanye West)
6. I’m Different
7. Extremely Blessed (feat. The-Dream)
8. I Luv Dem Strippers (feat. Nicki Minaj)
9. Stop Me Now (feat. Dolla Boy)
10. Money Machine
11. In Town (feat. Mike Posner)
12. Ghetto Dreams (feat. Scarface, John Legend)
13. Wut We Doin? (feat. Cap1)

Deluxe Edition
14. Countdown (feat. Chris Brown)
15. Like Me
16. Feel Good
17. Riot
Someone should tell him he's affiliated with GOOD, not YMCMB.

Macca

I'm worried about him shouting 2 CHAAAAINZ on every damn track on his album. I like it on features, but shit, I dunno if I can deal with a whole album of it.

SoilBreak

Banned
Hip hop fans man....

I prefer Jay over Kanye and im stanning? Grow up. People are entitled to opinions. Anytime, anywhere, anybody in the world says anything remotely positive about jay theyre stanning.

Get off that.
Ummmm....why are you acting like spin and me just singled you out because your opinion over jay-z?

kamspy

Tity is great. One of my favorite current "in prime" rappers. His mixtapes work, so I don't see a reason why an album would not. Just, I dunno. We got a weezy track, that awful track with Drake. A Nicki Track, and a track with Snitchface and John bore me to death Legend. That's cuts the possible good tracks down to a minimum.

Still gonna cop. Dude gave me too much great free music not to support it.

iavi

Birthday song knocks hard, though, as does the track with drizzy.

I haven't heard anything else from the lp, but I've heard enough to know that titi is giving me what I want to hear from his ass, even if just a bit.

Ummmm....why are you acting like spin and me just singled you out because your opinion over jay-z?

Not just you my friend. Im talking in general. And not just on the internet. Stanning is most commonly associated with Jay for some reason.

As for the other guy? He clearly referred to my post and i addressed it. No big deal.

kamspy

Not just you my friend. Im talking in general. And not just on the internet. Stanning is most commonly associated with Jay for some reason.

Same reason people try to discount Jordan or Kobe. It's easy to throw rocks at giants.

GAF HOP needs to class the joint up and start using roman numerals.

GAF HOP |OT V| Cadillac Music

HiResDes

Jay's status as a rapper in hip-hop is higher than Kanye's in totality, but the past decade has definitely been more kind to Kanye. I don't see how that's even debatable. Also, in no way shape or form are Jay's verses on WTT better than Kanye's. He phoned them in, and I think even he would admit that if subjected to rigorous questioning.

kamspy

Except on No Church, What You Need and Why I Love You.

Still can't believe how more people don't appreciate the sheer technicality of what he did on Why I Love You.

Tity is great. One of my favorite current "in prime" rappers. His mixtapes work, so I don't see a reason why an album would not. Just, I dunno. We got a weezy track, that awful track with Drake. A Nicki Track, and a track with Snitchface and John bore me to death Legend. That's cuts the possible good tracks down to a minimum.

Still gonna cop. Dude gave me too much great free music not to support it.
No Lie, grew on me like crazy, but mostly cause i hear it at work a lot. lol was he really a snitch? I recall him and some other rapper going back and forth calling each other snitches haha, can't think of the rapper right now.
yeah and v's instead of a's too

don't let hires make the next thread, haha(would be funny though if he did do that, i wouldn't care).

CRS

Jay's status as a rapper in hip-hop is higher than Kanye's in totality, but the past decade has definitely been more kind to Kanye. I don't see how that's even debatable. Also, in no way shape or form are Jay's verses on WTT better than Kanye's. He phoned them in, and I think even he would admit that if subjected to rigorous questioning.

Which I doubt will ever happen. (him being questioned)

IrishNinja

I'm worried about him shouting 2 CHAAAAINZ on every damn track on his album. I like it on features, but shit, I dunno if I can deal with a whole album of it.

from that traclkist, it might be the album's highlight

GAF HOP |OT5| Hip Hop Elitists
GAF HOP |OT5| Ricky Rozay has taKEN MASTERy of hip hop to a new level

bwahaha @ # 2, 1 could be more..elite

wait kams i thought you didnt dig castle music unless i got it mixed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom