• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Hip hop fans man....

I prefer Jay over Kanye and im stanning? Grow up. People are entitled to opinions. Anytime, anywhere, anybody in the world says anything remotely positive about jay theyre stanning.

Get off that.

It just surprises me when people rate Kanye over Jay. Jay is in my top 5 whether you people like it or not.

Jay Z isnt even sniffing top 5. And I like it.

kamspy

4-10. Dylan Doomtree

UyTZa.jpg

Esch

Banned
recons top 10 (oat)

1. Eminem
2. Lupe
3. J Cole
4. BoB
5. Nas
6. Outkast member
7. some bullshit
8. lol
9. Yelawolf
10. Kanye's ghost

Recon

Banned
Jay won on New Day. No doubt about that. I gotta disagree when people say Jay was weaker than Ye on the whole album.

Out of curiosity whos your top 5?

1.Tupac
2.Biggie
3.Nas
4.Eminem
5.Black Thought
7. Snoop
8.Common
9. Andre 3k
10. Big Boi

Yoda's? His top 3 would go something like this.

1. Eminem
2. Lupe Fiasco
3. J.Cole

How many copies did Yela and KRIT sell? Oh yeah, not even cracking 100K first week combined.

4-10. Doomtree

I know you like to dick ride posts, but at least try to be smart about it when you do.

Recon

Banned
Thats just off the top of my head. I honestly dont keep a list of my favorite MC's like that. Basically it goes my top 5 and then I dont honestly give a fuck.

Edit:

Kamps, please tell us more stories about Eminem being a puppet.

I love that chopped and screwed voice so much. You can make a song of a guy farting and if that voice is in there somewhere I will probably listen to it more than once.

Recon

Banned
Instead of you dumb fucks posting .gifs like those pop gaf idiots, how about you reply with your own. Or his this "I feel superior but I wont tell" day? Fucking animals, all of you.

Recon

Banned
You really think Eminem is better than Ice Cube Yoda?

Punch this guys ticket Ace.

On a pure technical level? Yes. I have a hard time thinking anyone could debate that. Also, my opinion and all that, dumb fuck.

Edit:
Nevermind, fuck you all. Im out. FUck this board.

kamspy

On a pure technical level? Yes. I have a hard time thinking anyone could debate that. Also, my opinion and all that, dumb fuck.

Not on any level. Technical being the biggest. Cube invented technical.

Pac and Cube go back and forth as my GOAT. Sprinkle Hov, Redman and BIG to round out the top 5.

Instead of you dumb fucks posting .gifs like those pop gaf idiots, how about you reply with your own. Or his this "I feel superior but I wont tell" day? Fucking animals, all of you.

1. Wu-Tang
2. GangStarr
3. DMX
4. Jay-Z
5. Mobb Deep/Tupac

Shits like playing pool. What rules yall use? You put groups in top 5? If not ill be here all day ranking the clan. Some people also exclude BIG and Pac completely to avoud the obligatory inclusions...

SoilBreak

Banned

I Love You

edit:
1. Scarface
2. MF Doom
3. Big L
4. AZ
5. Del Tha Funkee Homosapien

i like this list, but hol up
1) wu is like a million dudes, at least pick one
2) how you gonna sammich 2 people (1 group) that beefed like that? 's cheatin!

Man ill be here all day if im splitting the clan. As to whats in the playlist right now its favouring GZA. As for the Pac/ Mobb they rotate regularly. Again using the playlist ill keep the Mobb on there.

IrishNinja

Man ill be here all day if im splitting the clan. As to whats in the playlist right now its favouring GZA. As for the Pac/ Mobb they rotate regularly. Again using the playlist ill keep the Mobb on there.

pretty fair.
i dont rank Mobb nearly as high as others, but i honestly dont think ive fucked with anything past Infamous.

Top 5?

1. Biggie
2. Tupac
3. Nas
4. Eminem
5. Method Man

Also, WTT is mediocre as hell. That shit only had like a few good tracks (Otis, Niggas in Paris, Why I Love You) but the rest of it was pretentious, overhyped trash. Life is Good is my favorite album so far this year.

IrishNinja

safe list is safe!

no church in the wild, and gotta have it, no idea why ya'll dont like those tracks

It's all great through Murda Muzik. Then it starts to fall off. 3 album theory. Tribe. Kast. etc.

see i was bout to go and explore, but you had to shine on tribe
beats rhymes & life is not a bad album! it just lies in the shadow of midnight marauders

pretty fair.
i dont rank Mobb nearly as high as others, but i honestly dont think ive fucked with anything past Infamous.

Infamous and Hell on Earth are two of the dopest albums to come out in the 90s. P was on point lyrically. Hav was all about those dark, murderous grimy ass beats. Shit was menacing.

Albums went downhill fast after that. I fucked with Murda Muzik though, Infamy was absolute trash.

honourable mention: That return of the mac mixtape. Alchemist is way too underrated.

My list(Not in any order)

WU
Mos Def
Slick Rick
DMX
Em
GangStarr
Mobb Deep
Pharcyde
Cypress Hill

E: Just getting back listening into the hip hop/rap scene. Thx to Ace for posting them mixes and others for posting fresh new music

IrishNinja

My list(Not in any order)

WU
Mos Def
Slick Rick
DMX
Em
GangStarr
Mobb Deep
Pharcyde
Cypress Hill

dude
half that list is squads!

For the reason I stated above. Beat wise, that entire album was on point but lyrically, I heard the chorus and rolled my eyes. It was subpar in my opinion.

i get that, but as a nas fan, i forgive to a degree on choruses
also see: poor modern game fans

kamspy

Infamous and Hell on Earth are two of the dopest albums to come out in the 90s. P was on point lyrically. Hav was all about those dark, murderous grimy ass beats. Shit was menacing.

Albums went downhill fast after that. I fucked with Murda Muzik though, Infamy was absolute trash.

honourable mention: That return of the mac mixtape. Alchemist is way too underrated.

You can stay.

For the reason I stated above. Beat wise, that entire album was on point but lyrically, I heard the chorus and rolled my eyes. It was subpar in my opinion.

I'd rather have Yoda back.

The original tracklist just had Kanye, Drake, and Nicki. At the time I thought it was commendable since you rarely see rap albums with few guests. But good lord, this new list is embarrassing.

Not that I'm even going to download regardless

IrishNinja

Back then there were alot of good music coming from squads...

no doubt, but again it feels like cheating, especially if its a supergroup - pick a name man!

1) Ugo Ogugwa da god
2) Consequence
3) Young Berg
4) Chingy
5) Ma$e

etc

ps esha's list firing shots at ace

no doubt, but again it feels like cheating, especially if its a supergroup - pick a name man!

1) Ugo Ogugwa da god
2) Consequence
3) Young Berg
4) Chingy
5) Ma$e

etc

ps esha's list firing shots at ace

Aight from Wu its RZA, Prodigy from Mobb and B-Real from Cypress Hill

Grzi

1. Biggie

Never really thought about the rest, sorry.

But it would consist of Nas, Ghost, Rakim, Andre 3000, Hova, maybe DMX, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom