• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
More artists need to do clean versions of their songs but instead of just bleeping out the cursing words, they should come up with alternatives. The clean version rides.

Totally agreed, just didn't expect him to come up with that.

Kind of sounds like he gives it up by the end anyways and just mutters the swear words.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty sure it was Def Jam. Also, Yela isnt going anywhere, so saying his 5 minutes is up is kinda shortsighted.

Yela doesn't know how to keep the momentum going. Right now, dude is falling off the map rapidly, he needs to kick it into gear after lukewarm reactions to his debut. Either shady has him by the balls or he's responsible for not making any noise.

The M.O.B

Don't shoot me but.........The live version of "I Got This" sounded more ignant and had more energy than this version.

But that's how it is usually though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yela doesn't know how to keep the momentum going. Right now, dude is falling off the map rapidly, he needs to kick it into gear after lukewarm reactions to his debut. Either shady has him by the balls or he's responsible for not making any noise.

Same shit happened to all of Shady's artists. Remember who his mentor is.

Cover art to Chuuwee’s upcoming album, dropping on April 24th.

akhuo.jpg
Does this look exactly like Jay-Z to anyone else? You could start a crazy rumor just by shopping Jay's name there instead of Chuuwee's.
awwwwww shiiiiiit. this album better have a deluxe version i can cop
More artists need to do clean versions of their songs but instead of just bleeping out the cursing words, they should come up with alternatives. The clean version rides.
this x1000. the emptiness when they bleep out swear words is one of the worst things you could ever do to a song.

harSon

Banned
I haven't really looked into Hip Hop since July 2011 (Section 80), would anyone mind giving some recommendations on what to check out out of what's released between then and now?

I Got This is tight but I wish the beat was more bombastic.
I kept waiting for trumpets or something to kick in on the hook.

same. Still it's pretty dope. I like Money on the Floor more though.

Also I love Nardwuar interviews. Blur is one of my favorite bands but they were a bunch of twats with Nardwuar. Actually surprisingly enough rappers are a lot more patient with the dude than bands.

You could cut the tension between him and Henry Rollins with a knife for example lol.

overcast

I haven't really looked into Hip Hop since July 2011 (Section 80), would anyone mind giving some recommendations on what to check out out of what's released between then and now?
Schoolboy Q- Habits and Contradictions

That new Krit is fucking nice.

Esch

Banned

this is that KRIT wuz here head bangin shit
3AQmK.gif

3 Curren$y snippets from The Stoned Immaculate
Everyone in here knows i ride hard for Curren$y, but its just time to fuckin sit down and redo his sound. On the wings of I Got This this just sounds anticlimactic and samey. Time to reinvent thyself, hot spitta. Son needs features, faster beats, faster flows. Shit got me zzzzing right now.

I have been drinkin moonshine doe.

Macca

Trunk Musik 0-120 needed right now.

Recon

Banned
New KRIT song does absolutely nothing for me. Much like most of his recent tape.

Damn. I have been smoking to KRIT's newest tape for the last week, shit is just on another tier for me. It is understandable though, it has a very different sound than from KRIT Wuz Here, even more chilled out than Return of 4Eva.

Jay Sosa

He'll sell more than Yelawolf... by a small margin.

Even still, his 5 minutes won't be up like Yela. What label is K.R.I.T. releasing his album on anyways?

I don't really care who sells more but I'm absolutely sure that his album will be so much better than anything Yela has ever released. Trunk Muzik was nice and everything but really pales in comparison to the tapes Krit has released so far. They're not even remotely in the same league. That said imho Krit has less marketing potential than Yela (I have to admit that you guys are probably right, with the right team behind him Yela could be a big star), a conscious southern MC just isn't appealing to the masses.

But like always it just depends if he has a big hit. You need a Top 10 single to get even remotely close to good numbers. See BoB (Airplanes) Wiz (Black&Yellow) and so on.

Anyone catch Kendrick on Carson Daly tonight? I set it to record.

Thanks for the heads up. Does he just rap or getting interviewed as well?

Tokubetsu

Damn. I have been smoking to KRIT's newest tape for the last week, shit is just on another tier for me. It is understandable though, it has a very different sound than from KRIT Wuz Here, even more chilled out than Return of 4Eva.

I really loved Return of 4eva too. Right now it's looking like it'll be my favorite work of KRITs by fairly large margin.

Recon

Banned
I really loved Return of 4eva too. Right now it's looking like it'll be my favorite work of KRITs by fairly large margin.

Return is the tape I dont ever go back to. I loved it when it dropped, but I usually played KRIT Wuz Here( Hometown Hero is by far my favorite track from him). Now I just play 4Eva N A Day constantly. Something about it just being KRIT with no features and chilled laid back beats does something really right for me.

Trunk Musik 0-60 was definitely on the same level of K.R.I.T's tapes.

Not to me. I liked Trunk Musik 0-60, but it doesnt even touch the amount of plays KRIT has gotten from me.

Detox

I'll be buying several copies of Krit's album for friends because I know they will pirate it if I recommend it and I want him to succeed. In all his interviews he comes across as the one of the most humble men in hiphop, being on a major hasn't gotten to him and you can tell he just loves what he is doing. He deserves huge success but I just don't see it unless he has the craziest southern posse cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom