• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

iDZbzLfhC9vF1.png

All hail the holy KRIT.

Recon

Banned
Yea I've seen some jabs at Chamillionaire on Gaf Hop before, so I think we stand alone.

He is underrated no doubt.

I love some Cham. Dude gets hate for no reason. I kinda stopped paying attention after his second album, but I will be there for the next one, whenever that drops.

PBY

Banned
I love some Cham. Dude gets hate for no reason. I kinda stopped paying attention after his second album, but I will be there for the next one, whenever that drops.

Listen to the stream man, album is awesome. Production is surprisingly good, shit is hype.

PBY

Banned

filler

Banned
Read the last post.

So the thread was locked because someone that happens to post in the nba thread, broke the ToS outside of the thread? Why not just ban the person that broke the rules or whatever?

So if one of the gafhop posters trolls up some random thread, does that mean this thread gets locked too?

Recon

Banned
To be fair, the NBA thread was horrible to newcomers. I only really visit it during the playoffs for the meltdowns..usually from Branduil.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So the thread was locked because someone that happens to post in the nba thread, broke the ToS outside of the thread? Why not just ban the person that broke the rules or whatever?

So if one of the gafhop posters trolls up some random thread, does that mean this thread gets locked too?

it's like prison... most can't adjust to the outside life

DominoKid

that sucks.
i love the NBA thread.
it's fun to pop in and out of.
i never really thought it was bad to newcomers unless you came in and didnt know wtf you were talking about.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
NBA thread is infested with a handful of miserable dipshits, but I have never really seen anything that would warrant a locking. I don't frequent the place much though, I find extended stays have the same effect as extended stays in wrestlegaf, the non stop negativity wears you down and you begin to hate everything about the subject.
To be fair hip hop gaf has it's moments where it gets close to doing the same thing.

shameless self quoting.. if people missed it the first time..

I listened to a portion of it but I'm saving it for friday night. What I heard so far has been fucking amazing.

Blackace

NBA thread is infested with a handful of miserable dipshits, but I have never really seen anything that would warrant a locking. I don't frequent the place much though, I find extended stays have the same effect as extended stays in wrestlegaf, the non stop negativity wears you down and you begin to hate everything about the subject.
To be fair hip hop gaf has it's moments where it gets close to doing the same thing.

once you are vested, you can't leave

filler

Banned
that sucks.
i love the NBA thread.
it's fun to pop in and out of.
i never really thought it was bad to newcomers unless you came in and didnt know wtf you were talking about.

Exactly, I think my first post on gaf was in best gaf and I never got any hate. And I'm a Lakers fan, so it's not like I got a pass for being a fan of some perennial loser. Just don't go in there talking a bunch of shit and it won't get thrown back in your face.

EDIT: Ace, wish you had gone back a little further with that oldschool east mix, I'll peep it out some time during the weekend.

Blackace

EDIT: wish you had gone back a little further with that oldschool east mix, I'll peep it out some time during the weekend.

These are the golden years of hip-hop coast to coast...

To be fair, the NBA thread was horrible to newcomers. I only really visit it during the playoffs for the meltdowns..usually from Branduil.

It was no different from this thread. if someone was to come in and say yo the new Souja Boy is hot fire and he/she was serious.

You'd give that guy shit too.

Besides most of the rookie bashing stuff is tongue in cheek anyway.

A few bad apples doesn't warrant an entire thread getting locked especially when the stuff happened out of that thread.

/rant.

Now did any one see the 2012 Freshmen Cypher?

Future......is just.....wow.

The M.O.B

50_cent_cry_gif.gif

It is at times

siddx

50_cent_cry_gif.gif

It is at times

lol note I said a handful of dipshits. Most threads have em, we have done a pretty good job of running them off in here but if we got any bigger they'd be here too. NBA gaf just has a few, as someone else said, bad apples that are clearly very miserable human beings irl and use nba gaf to make themselves feel better about their shitty lives.

i miss nba gaf :( where else will i vent my frustrations with the knicks tonight?

it seems like we all love big krit here. was j cole the last time a rapper got such unanimous praise from this thread?

PBY

Banned
i miss nba gaf :( where else will i vent my frustrations with the knicks tonight?

it seems like we all love big krit here. was j cole the last time a rapper got such unanimous praise from this thread?

j cole prob. yelawolf got a lot of hype here too. gaf hop's love is a fickle thing :/

siddx

I would think by now that venting frustrations over the knicks would have exhausted you to the point of death.

J.cole had a few "cautious" fans up till Cole World. I remember being somewhat on the fence about him during friday night lights and kamspy iirc was never that sold either. But yeah, no outright hate until he channeled paula abdul.

Yela had a brief moment where everyone loved him, but it didn't last long. Some would say kendrick but I personally think he's very below average and would have to be one of the few dissenting voices. Same with schoolboy.

I would think by now that venting frustrations over the knicks would have exhausted you to the point of death.

ill never run out of energy lambasting the knicks when they play poorly, yet ill always come back thinking they changed. like an abused spouse :/

jcole? lol

i remember when friday night lights dropped and this thread blew the hell up and there was a ton of hype for him before that as well.

j cole prob. yelawolf got a lot of hype here too. gaf hop's love is a fickle thing :/

word, i hope krit puts out a good album so he doesnt get cole'd here

Nah, Schoolboy gets tons of love from everyone.

i havent spent much time listening to the black hippy guys though i really enjoyed ab souls longterm 2. i guess ill spotify habits & contradictions tonight

Recon

Banned

I listened to a portion of it but I'm saving it for friday night. What I heard so far has been fucking amazing.

Yeah pretty much my feelings on that thread.
Exactly, I think my first post on gaf was in best gaf and I never got any hate. And I'm a Lakers fan, so it's not like I got a pass for being a fan of some perennial loser. Just don't go in there talking a bunch of shit and it won't get thrown back in your face.

EDIT: Ace, wish you had gone back a little further with that oldschool east mix, I'll peep it out some time during the weekend.
The reason everyone hates NBA gaf is because they do not realize everyone hates them and continue to think of themselves as better than everyone else. Whether it is tongue and cheek or serious doesnt matter. Shit gets annoying. No other community can shit up a thread like NBA gaf. If something is even remotely connected to basketball, you will find the usual idiots shitting it up.

siddx

Yeah pretty much my feelings on that thread.

The reason everyone hates NBA gaf is because they do not realize everyone hates them and continue to think of themselves as better than everyone else. Whether it is tongue and cheek or serious doesnt matter. Shit gets annoying. No other community can shit up a thread like NBA gaf. If something is even remotely connected to basketball, you will find the usual idiots shitting it up.

True, which is part of the reason I try to make a conscious effort to avoid the subject of hip hop outside of this thread, I know I would turn into a arrogant dipshit within 2 posts. Whenever you see a subject you spend a lot of time talking about pop up elsewhere, it's hard to resist the urge to throw the OT flag on your back and carpet bomb everyone you see.

Recon

Banned
True, which is part of the reason I try to make a conscious effort to avoid the subject of hip hop outside of this thread, I know I would turn into a arrogant dipshit within 2 posts. Whenever you see a subject you spend a lot of time talking about pop up elsewhere, it's hard to resist the urge to throw the OT flag on your back and carpet bomb everyone you see.

I barely post outside of this thread. I am definitely not part of any regular community outside of this one. I avoid the Gaming side like the ban happy place that it is.

I always liked his first two albums, but I stop paying attention to him when he started doing those mixtapes rapping in the perspective of an internet nerd or some shit. He seemed stuck on that for awhile. It was like dude was letting the hate he reads off youtube comments get to him. But i definitely don't mind material from him that isn't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom