• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
The article keeps insinuating he's "responsible" for Weeknd's sound. While three songs to the rest of his career is a stretch, if he did change his lyrical content after meeting this dude and switch to a darker tone, he's got an argument.

I be bumping that Balloons of Haus on the regular though. Both remixes of The Morning and The Party >>>

the D.D. remix goes ham

CRS

Hey guys, I'm still alive.

Danny Brown vs. Nardwuar

look at his bishounen hair

Finals?

Thing is though, unless there some kinda signed document saying so, there is no arguement. He's just some bitter dude who made some beats. That's how things go. If he was responsible for Abels tone shift, he should have just rode it out. It's not like Abel has taken care of the other dudes in his crew/production team. He gave him the stems too which is another thing. You let it go, so why the fuck are you whining now?

Yeah, I couldn't believe Jeremy gave Abel the stems and just cut all ties with him. Sucks to be him if he really doesn't have any form of proof/paperwork saying he's the creator.

Rose doesn't have any legal authority to receive royalties if Abel does decide to sell the HoB, does he?

Thing is though, unless there some kinda signed document saying so, there is no arguement. He's just some bitter dude who made some beats. That's how things go. If he was responsible for Abels tone shift, he should have just rode it out. It's not like Abel has taken care of the other dudes in his crew/production team. He gave him the stems too which is another thing. You let it go, so why the fuck are you whining now?

Yup. Dude should be using the underground clout to produce for other people. Instead he's crying.

Tokubetsu

Apologies on the poor ass grammar and spelling in that paragraph. Meant to say "It's not like Abel HASN'T taken care of his current producers/crew/team." Like the same two guys has done most of the work on all three releases.

harrytang

anyone got a beat they willing to part with? trying to put something together this weekend with a marine buddy before he heads out to again. need something dark as hell. much appreciated.

pretty shitty on abels part but that jeremy rose dude is a dumbass for just giving his shit away. you cant trust dudes to look out for you like that when they start being shady in the first place

though if hes the guy that changed weeknds subject matter and tone, then he should get something. abels earlier shit on that before the balloons compilation was straight trash. garbage production with lolworthy lyrics

was thinking about it a lot. it's on my birthday too. For me, it mostly depends on how hyped up I get about these artists/bands and if any of my friends wanted to go. I used to be really into some them (Shins, Cudi, EitS), but haven't heard much of any of their newest so I'll probably give em a whirl this weekend on spotify. And probably while I'm at it give Asap Rocky a try again.

p.s. my first post in this thead since lurking regularly in OT3.

yeah dude, grab some friends and go with em. my friends are all working that weekend so im either showing up solo or gonna jedi mind trick some chick to come with me. regardless, i just really wanna see EITS and cudi, asap and avicii being there is just extra cool. i missed one of their nyc shows last summer so i flew to fuckin austin texas to catch them. im obsessed lol

damn The Morning original sounds so bad in comparison to what we got on House of Balloons. God damn.

i had no idea this existed. beat is okay but the song overall is shit compared to the final version

dropping the "e", hah. i thought that had something to do with ecstasy or someshit

Tokubetsu

ibn17b8E1oNZkZ.gif

Detox

PSA: Delete all sex skits off your ipod you never know when a chick might pick it up and the next track on shuffle is Doctors Office off the Chronic

kamspy

Nice gif Toku. It was only last night that the true genius of XXX hit me. It would have been a lot higher on my list if I had it to do over.

EDIT:

Oh shit and Novel. Man, I just got into dude his catalog has been on repeat since I got into it. All the Yeezy stans take note: He's got a mixtape called 808s and Mixtapes and he kills just about every beat off the album. The new mixtape, Red Wine and Ambien, man. He KILLS that cover/remake of Video Games harder than fuck. Dude's got like 5 mixtapes and one paid album. I guess the album didn't do so well, couldn't even find a review on it but I still copped. It's dope, but IMO, 808s and Red Wine and Ambien are what you need to get into the dude. It's like Lyfe Jennings and D'Angelo somehow had a son together. Maybe they both busted in Badu the same night or some shit. But the Novel kid is dope as fuck.

He's truly the Carmelo Anthony to Frank Ocean and Weeknd's Lebron James and Dwayne Wade's headlock on the new R&B shit.

Acid08

Banned
Nice gif Toku. It was only last night that the true genius of XXX hit me. It would have been a lot higher on my list if I had it to do over.

EDIT:

Oh shit and Novel. Man, I just got into dude his catalog has been on repeat since I got into it. All the Yeezy stans take note: He's got a mixtape called 808s and Mixtapes and he kills just about every beat off the album. The new mixtape, Red Wine and Ambien, man. He KILLS that cover/remake of Video Games harder than fuck. Dude's got like 5 mixtapes and one paid album. I guess the album didn't do so well, couldn't even find a review on it but I still copped. It's dope, but IMO, 808s and Red Wine and Ambien are what you need to get into the dude. It's like Lyfe Jennings and D'Angelo somehow had a son together. Maybe they both busted in Badu the same night or some shit. But the Novel kid is dope as fuck.

He's truly the Carmelo Anthony to Frank Ocean and Weeknd's Lebron James and Dwayne Wade's headlock on the new R&B shit.

I was really into Suspended Animation at the same time I was eating, drinking, and sleeping The Warm Up. Never checked any of his other stuff out though. Gonna definitely grab 'em, thanks for the heads up.

abuC

EDIT:

Nightcall to my ex..................... ugh.

Recon

Banned
I was really into Suspended Animation at the same time I was eating, drinking, and sleeping The Warm Up. Never checked any of his other stuff out though. Gonna definitely grab 'em, thanks for the heads up.

Suspended Animation was my shit. It is a shame dude never really took off.

Edit:

I have been playing the shit out of Blue Chips this week since I am going to see him in May. Man, him and Party Supplies are a great combination. I wasnt that big on Dr.Lecter and Bon whatever, but Blue Chips really does it for me. Pouches of Tuna/Tapas/Intercontinental Champion/Stever Wynn>>>>>

Leucrota

Listening to Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contradictions. Must be old hat by now, but this album is great. Haven't been impressed with an album in its entirety in a while.

Sacreligious, There He Go, Sex Drive, Sexting, Blessed (holy fucking SHIT at Kendrick).

Love these fucking songs.

Anyone recommend anything to me? Been listening to this and singles from Atmosphere for a while now.

I knew Novel sounded familiar. I remember getting Grant Me Serenity back when HiRes got it and liked it a lot. Going to check out his new and previous stuff now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DJ Premier ft. Bumpy Knuckles & Nas - Turn Up The Mic (Remix).

Mmmm.

Hey, do yall remember when Lil Wayne dropped that song called A Millie and it exploded? Then the guy who produced(Bangladesh) the song claimed he hasn't got paid yet?

Then years later Lil Wayne drops 6 Foot 7 Foot and the exact same producer complains again?

Well, he just signed to Cash Money Records.
Oh my goodness, just saw this. Bangladesh is really going for the Yung Berg Award for 2011/2012 huh?

Shake my fucking head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom