• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

//B1G

Banned
it's not like he did anything wrong making it - i still felt that honesty and 'soul' he had, but it was just. so. boring.
it got a lot of love here though so maybe it just wasn't for me, but it's weird because i totally got his first mixtape and loved what he was doing

Tokubetsu

it's not like he did anything wrong making it - i still felt that honesty and 'soul' he had, but it was just. so. boring.
it got a lot of love here though so maybe it just wasn't for me, but it's weird because i totally got his first mixtape and loved what he was doing

He just needed to balance it/pace it better. It needed some bigger slappers.

Going off topic, here is the best thing Elzhi has done:
http://youtu.be/nv2EplXXHaQ

Recon

Banned
That is the beauty of music, it isn't made to appeal to every person's taste. I loved his direction on 4eva n a day. I found it much better than Return of 4 Eva. Some say it is boring, but I find it expertly crafted and perfectly chill.

iavi

That is the beauty of music, it isn't made to appeal to every person's taste. I loved his direction on 4eva n a day. I found it much better than Return of 4 Eva. Some say it is boring, but I find it expertly crafted and perfectly chill.

I was about to reply, but this covers it, lol. Yeah, I found 4eva n a day to be expertly crafted, with 'The Alarm' at the end feeling almost like a lead in to 'Live From the Underground.' I wouldn't be surprised to see little chill on the retail.

For some reason I thought Enzo wouldn't like Action Bronson, glad to know you're feeling Well Done man.

I think the new KRIT cover is lame. I was expecting something vibrant and flashy like Returnof4eva.

Yfq1N.jpg

disappointed

worse then the covers for his free albums

Recon

Banned
Yeah, it's going to happen. Guaranteed.

EDIT: Had an epiphany on 4eva N a day. Got to be drunk to get it.

I dont think so. They seem to only move the very broad and general threads that grow large into the community section. This thread doesnt go fast enough or get big enough for them to care, me thinks.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So, just ran a totally scientific study, to see what music white girls* like. This was done after an extensive study involving lab coats and shit. Found out some interesting things, like Wiz really is that soft, BIG won, Jay-Z won, she rides for the East Coast and nobody likes Big Sean.

*wife

KRIT - No
BIG - Yup
Tupac - no (NOOOOO)
Tyler - Yup
Common - yup
Officer Ricky - Yeah
Busta - yup
kendrick- no
Frank Ocean - yup
Grieves - NOPE
Lloyd Banks - Nope
Game - Yeah
Wiz - Yup
Add 2 - No
Obie - Yeah
J. Cole - Nope
Wale - No
Freddie Gibbs - yeah
BoB - No (makes her think of Weird Al?)
Big Sean - Hell nah
Clipse - It's okay
Jay Elec - Yes (poor girl)
Jeezy - Yes
Xzibit - No
Joell Ortiz - Yeah (so far favorite)
Nas - Yeah
Jay-Z - Yeah
Twista - I like the beat, hate him
Roots - Yes (THANK GOD)
Rhymefest - Yeah
Q-Tip - Got laughed at. Nope.
Nappy Roots - Nope. (Divorce imminent.)
Jin - Oh, god, change the song
Jedi Mind Tricks - Okay
RA - YES
Ja Rule - Yes. (I blame J.Lo.)
Immortal Technique - Yes. (WTF?)
Ice Cube - Nooopeee. (Filing papers in the morning.)
Fort Minor - Yeah
DMX - I'd listen if I was having a bad day.
Bubba Sparxxx - I like him.
Atmosphere - Yes. (Okay, guess I'll stay married)

nns3d

WanderingWind's list seems just about right, though most of the white girls I know only like rap that's been relevant in the last couple of years. I'll play them something in 2004 and they'll be like, "OMG that's soooo old!!" I'll play them a Tupac song and they just give me this stare... I can't imagine how they'd react if I played them N.W.A. :lol

filler

Banned
Pac had a ton of female fans, that's how you go diamond. I remember my sister crying when they announced his death on the radio.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
In regards to that list of artists, I've found, judging by a slightly larger pool of ladies, that they love J.Cole if they see what he looks like before hand, Yela same thing, and the girls who are outkast fans adore Krit.

IrishNinja

maaan, you know we're all about that shit over in Jazz-hop.

any of you knuckleheads down for GAF-hop turntable? i'm bout to be stuck here until 7am, please believe i'll trade tracks with Esch or troll foreigners with Macca again.

IrishNinja

...alright fam, im just gonna play some of that U-godzilla and Dopium shit the kids are all on these days till ya'll wake up i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom